Reviews: feuerfrei

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 30

USA Hostels Hollywood

Los Angeles, USA

This is my second time staying here. Last time I was here 5 years ago and it has gotten an upgrade in furniture and beds. No more eggs for breakfast, but pancakes are easy to make, make sure you spray pam. This is definitely a hostel where people stay up late, so it's great if you like nightlife and want some people to hang around.

Dancing Elephant N1 Party Hostel

Koh Phangan, Thailand

Best place to stay if you want to party, they have a bar that is very popular and brings people out. Everyone is pretty cool and if you need more bathrooms, just go to the other rooms across the street.

Great location, great atmosphere, and Joe was really friendly and helpful. Everyone got along and it had a good environment and vibe.

USA Hostels San Francisco

San Francisco, USA

This hostel has made the spot on my best hostels to stay at list. The rooms are good, the staff is friendly, ample showers/sinks for everyone, kitchen, lounge, social mixers, and walking tours. Plus they book airport shuttles for you! Free breakfast too! Location is a short walk to the main buses and BART. I would definitely stay here again when I'm in San Francisco.

HI - Monterey

Monterey, USA

Nice little hostel close to the Monterey Aquarium. Plenty of parking so rent a car and drive on over. Very nice living room and free pancake breakfast. On Sunday's the owner picks up some eggs and brings them for breakfast. Water needs to be conserved so they have shower tokens, and you can always ask for more. Only downside I've had here is that the staff may be hard to find after 10pm, as the front desk closes.

Metro Hotel

Very convienent location very close to the metro. Hallways are small and you have to lug your bags up the stairs. The single person room I stayed in was tiny. Good place to crash for a few days before your flight to Heathrow.

Snuffel Backpacker Hostel

Bruges, Belgium

Nice hostel in quiet Bruges. Only thing I didn't like was that people were checking in late at 2am and waking everyone up.

Sleep Well Youth Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

Nice, big hostel with free breakfast. Rooms are big, but bathroom is not cleaned everyday. Needs some activities.

Pathpoint Cologne

Cologne, Germany

Very close to the train station, two common rooms, and they are nice and big. It's a pretty new hostel. It has a few events.

Wow, thank you very much for that comment and the rating. Hope to see you again next time, Team Pathpoint Cologne

Nice spaceous hostel with a bar downstairs as well as food to chill. Nice big rooms with space to move around and put stuff, as well as lockers underneath. Curtains on the beds were a very nice touch. Wireless internet was good, but computers were VERY slow. Location is close to the metro, but it takes some time to get to the center.

Hotel Saint Roch

Lourdes, France

A very small hotel in the main area, close to the train station and the Grotto. Owners were really friendly. I stayed in the single so I had to go to the outside bathroom to #2.

Roger's House

San Sebastian, Spain

Albert and Zac are awesome! They make this small cozy hostel lively and a fun place to be. Albert even cooks dinner at night for €3. This has been one of the best hostels I've been at.

Living Cat's Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Good location close to the metro, but rooms need better ventillation. They have some really good events that get people together which makes it a good hostel to stay at. Pubcrawl on almost every night. Internet disconnects every 20 minutes to try and limit people but you can get around it by closing the browser and reopening it.

Greg & Tom Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Great hostel, right next to the new shopping mall and train station. Only a short walk to old town. Clean rooms, but the beds are creaky and there was only 1 bathroom for 12 people in the 4 person room dorm.

Jetpak Alternative

Berlin, Germany

Location is great in the Kreutzberg area, within walking distance of the clubs. Hostel had nice big rooms, a killer lounge with an xbox 360, free internet that works, and the best bathrooms ever that would dry themselves after you used them. This would have to be one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Unfortunately, Air Berlin lost my bag and sent it to Krakow (my next stop), but Inez was great and gave me a free towel as well as called them up to find my bag.

Great location in the city, friendly staff, free internet, and fun people to party with. Be aware that the airport bus does not come on time, so either go really early or catch a taxi or else you won't make it.

Funk Hostel

Zagreb, Croatia

Great hostel, great friendly, energetic young staff, nice lounge, Good location although not in middle of the city. Closer to Lake Jarun. I've stayed both here and in the middle of the city and I would stay here again and again because of the great vibe.

Hobo Bear Hostel

Zagreb, Croatia

Great location, clean, and in the center of the city. Free internet and computers. They post events in the city on the board. Would definitely stay here again.

Accommodation Plitvice

Plitvice Lakes, Croatia

Nice quiet, clean hostel in Korenica, the town down from Plitvice Lakes. You have to take a bus to get there. I ended up finishing Plitvice in 1 day so I left 1 day early and the hostess was kind enough to let me pay for my time there.

Thank you very much for rating us. Best regards. ACCOMMODATION PLITVICE Damir

Funk Hostel

Zagreb, Croatia

Very nice, clean, and fun! Owners really friendly and upbeat. Would stay here over the better hostels in the area.

Camping Rialto

Venice, Italy

Location is a short bus ride to the city of Venice and the train station and airport. Convience store had some good cheap food. I stayed in the bungalows and it was nice, but the wood floors should be swept once in a while. My key could not lock the door though. Other than that, it was a good cheap stay.

Athens Backpackers

Athens, Greece

Great location by the acropolis! Lots of fun people and a cool bar upstairs to meet others. People party every night and leave in the morning to go to the islands. Free breakfast. Would definitely stay here again.

The Yellow

Rome, Italy

Great location, close to Roma Termini. Bar & restuarant downstairs, but that doesn't effect your sleeping at all. Breakfast is good and cheap with a free drink. Lots of bathrooms and shower stalls, but space is tight. Place is shared with another hotel and apartments, so rooms are in between.

Valley Hostel

Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland

Great location! Lauterbrunnen has laundry, a supermarket, and internet cafe that works well. The hostel was very clean and had good kitchen facilities. The view from the lawn is excellent and to top it off it has lawn chairs. This is probably why so many people from Korea stay here since it's ranked as a top hostel on their hostel site.

Zurich City Apartment 2

Zurich, Switzerland

It's basically a shared apartment in the city, close to the train station. The hosts will meet you at the train station and escourt you there, then you have 24 hour access. It worked well for me.

H.I. Boston Downtown

Boston, USA

A nice big hostel with ample space. Has a dining room, free breakfast, lounge with TV, internet (wireless free, computers pay, but is better because the computers aren't slow), and events which allow you to meet others. Just 1 block away from subway which is awesome and next to a college campus with convenience stores and cheap places to eat. I enjoyed my stay here and will come back if I'm in Boston.

American Dream Hostel

New York, USA

Small hostel, 3 blocks away from subway. Free breakfast was nice, internet a little on the slow side. Rooms a little tight, but ok. Lockers outside of rooms fyi. There are plenty of bathrooms and showers, at least 1 or 2 on each floor, which I liked. Area is quite safe as it's in Manhattan's East Side.

USA Hostels Hollywood

Los Angeles, USA

Best hostel I've ever stayed at! Rooms were clean daily and so were the bathrooms. Events everyday and cheap dinners with free helpings of seconds. Also called a shuttle to take me to the airport. Staff were really nice and fun to hang out with, especially Snoop on the pub crawl. Security very good as you can't get in without them buzzing open the door. Front gate is camouflaged at night which is perfect. Went to LA for a Slipknot concert and will be back for another in the future.

Green Tortoise was the best hostel I've ever stayed at so far. The place was clean, right next to Pike's Place Market, free good breakfast, bed sockets for charging cameras/phones/laptops and had fun events to get people to know each other. It was a little tough to find at first because it's on the second floor. Only improvements was that they could maintain the computers better for faster internet. The staff was very knowledgeable and helpful. Would recommend everyone to stay here.

bAKpAK Kyoto Hostel

Kyoto, Japan

Great hostel, right in the middle of town and close to the subway. Had refridgerators on each floor which were a plus and free fast working internet. Heating worked well. Very well decorated. Staff come in at 10am and leave around 10pm so be sure to arrive in those time frames. Could use more than 1 western style toilet. Other than that, the atmosphere was very good and I would stay at this hostel again.

Ace Inn Shinjuku

Tokyo, Japan

This is the best hostel I've stayed at out of all the ones I've been to. Very clean, heating works in all parts of the hostel very well, and instead of bunk beds, there are capsule-like cubicles which have curtains for privacy. You can even sit up inside. They also have lockers to stow your things in for free. All the toilets are western style. Very close to the subway and Shinjuku and Shibuya district. Easy to meet people if you try.

Heart of Gold Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Great location, not along the main road but very close. Big rooms are a great plus. Staff were pretty helpful. The only negative is the limited # of bathrooms on the floor for males. They should just make the bathrooms available for all sexes since only one person uses it at a time anyways. I enjoyed my stay there and met many cool people.

St Christopher's at The Winston

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I stayed in a room by myself so it was good. Great location (close to red light district and coffee shops).

Astor Queensway

I stayed at the quest for about 9 days. The rooms were clean. There were locker cages under the beds. The location close to the Queensway and Bayswater tube stations made it an idea choice. I mainly had a lot of interaction with the staff there. They were really helpful with giving me information on traveling in London, as well as being fun to hang around with. I found this hostel one of the best that I've stayed at. When return to London, I''ll definitely stop by again. - John from Hawaii

St Christopher's Inn Newquay

Newquay, England

Good location, but the rooms were really small and poorly built. The bathroom floor would have a puddle of water on the bottom.

Belfast International Youth Hostel

Belfast, Northern Ireland

This hostel is new and has new furnishings. This has been the cleanest hostel I've stayed in. I liked staying here and I would definitely come here again. It may not be in the middle of town, but it is very close. Coach tours also operate from the hostel which makes it very convientent.