Location USA, Gender Female, Age 32

• USA, Female, 25-30
20th May 2013

I've stayed at Palmers Lodge nearly every week for months for work. Overall, it's an excellent hostel- the curtains are good for privacy, the rooms are generally not loud (even the big dorms, which are set over two floors). Beds and comfortable and everything is always clean. Staff have been extremely helpful (like needing to switch beds due to a snoring bunk mate!). Breakfast is not great (just cereal/toast/croissants). One of the best hostels I've stayed at (and I've stayed dozens of times!)

• USA, Female, 25-30
Cocomama, Amsterdam, Netherlands
14th Oct 2011

Cocomama was by far the best hostel I've ever stayed in. My friend and I had a private room- very clean, brand newly renovated and very nice bathroom. We came to run the marathon and were pleased that most people there were doing the same so it was quite quiet. The staff are just wonderful. So nice and helpful! The kitchen/ living room are adorable and clean, free pasta and coffee! I can't recommend this place enough. Thank you!

Equity Point Metropol, Madrid, Spain
8.0
1st Apr 2008

If I had known that the hostel was located in one of the loudest and busiest (and not particularly interesting) areas of Madrid I probably would have stayed elsewhere. However, its location does make it very easy to get anywhere in the city. But I'm not really a fan of the hostels with only one key per room, as it doesn't seem secure and it's annoying to have to let someone into the room late at night.

Schlafmeile Hostel, Berlin, Germany
14th Nov 2006

This is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed at-- spotlessly clean, super comfortable beds. And Glenn is not only super funny and nice, but SO helpful. All in all, great atmosphere. The only complaint I have is the amount of smoke in the common room.

Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab), Brussels, Belgium
24th Sep 2006

I really liked this place- it actually felt secure with the swipe card keys to both the building and the room. I slept in the 4 person dorm and have no complaints. Bathrooms were relatively clean and breakfast was pretty good. I really enjoyed the social atmosphere in the huge cheap bar downstairs. Def had fun and would stay here again.

1st Sep 2006

Considering all of the hostels in Paris are gross, this one was a nice surprise. Bathrooms were clean, so were the sheets. Breakfast wasn't bad. All in all, not a bad place to spend a few nights.