Location: France, Gender: Female, Age: 31

Hanmer Backpackers

Hanmer Springs, New Zealand

This is a gorgeous little hostel where it is really easy to believe your home. Tristan and Yoko are great hosts, helpful and smiling. Beds are very comfy. I couldn't recommend enough!

• 28th Sep 2014

Rotorua Downtown Backpackers

Rotorua, New Zealand

Decent hostel, with very nice staff. I was in a 6 bed female dorm and mattresses and duvets were both good. Free pasta and coffee were a nice touch. Bathrooms were clean, water is hot in the morning, but you have to wait a bit longer in the afternoon. I spent 3 nights, two were good, and one less so because of a drunk guy yelling in the hallway after midnight, but there's nothing you can do against morons. Would recommend.

• 26th Nov 2013

Pentlands Backpackers Hostel

Auckland, New Zealand

Very good hostel. Lots of cleaning going on all the time, lockers in the kitchen, lots of movies to watch to chill in the evening. Location-wise, it's great when you have a car. When you're on foot, it's a bit harder but you have to get used to those NZ hills anyway! Would go back and recommend.

• 14th Nov 2013

AAE Bourbon House Hostel

New Orleans, USA

I only stayed one night there, but this hostel is very good. The staff was very helpful and nice, my 6 beds mixed dorm was quiet and I slept very well. There's lockers in the room for your valuables, the door of the dorm opened with a code and you needed a card to open the door from the house, so it all seemed really safe. Wifi was working fine. The hostel is in a good neighborhood and there's plenty of room to park in the street and public transport is not too far. Would definitely recommend!

• 29th Jun 2013

Alexandrie-Montréal

Montreal, Canada

I've traveled a lot and I can say that this hostel was one of the best I've ever stayed at. When I arrived, the owner was really helpful from the start, and the staff kept being nice and available during the rest of my stay. The big common room is a very nice place to chill out. Breakfast is basic but good, lots of plugs in the room. I was in a standard 8 female dorm and it was roomy, clean and quiet. They have lockers in the common room and free laundry! Good location too.

• 1st Jun 2013

The Only Backpacker's Inn

Toronto, Canada

Nice staff, amazing waffle breakfast, very nice looking hostel with all the colors and the paintings. I liked the different places put the bags and belongings in the dorm, as it wasn't that big and that helped a lot to keep everything tidy. Air con in room. Small lockers accessible, so great security. The hostel is 2 minutes away from the metro station so very easy access to downtown Toronto. Only problem in the place was that there was only 2 showers for the entire hostel and that wasn't easy.

• 13th Jul 2012

ACBB Hostel Niagara

Niagara Falls, Canada

Great hostel! The location is perfect (just a few minutes walk from the main "touristic" street and the Falls. Patrick is full of useful information and Shelly (not sure of the spelling, sorry) is doing a great work at keeping the hostel spotless and running perfectly. The breakfast is good, our twin room was really well decorated and a great place to relax. Showers were great too! Would definitely recommend.

• 11th Jul 2012

HI-Whiskey Jack (Yoho)

Banff, Canada

The man in charge of the hostel was extremely nice: when we arrived, we had to cancel the second night we had booked and he accepted without a fuss. The hostel is located in a beautiful place. And it has a shower, with hot water! A treat after a few days camping. There's a heater in the room so the two top bunk beds are really warm but the bottom bunk can be quite cold. The kitchen is fully equiped. Great place to stay at for a change of scenery!

• 5th Jul 2012

Cambie Hostel - Seymour

Vancouver, Canada

The different persons we saw at the reception were always nice and helpful. Good security to access the room. As we had a private room, the absence of locker was not a problem. Our private twin room had a bunk bed and a table to put our stuff, which was nice. It wasn't very big but more than enough for two people. If you're not travelling alone, I would definitely recommend booking a private room over staying in the dorms, which are a bit more cramped. Good hostel for the price.

• 26th Jun 2012
  • Globetrotter

Well organised hostel, professional and agreeable staff. Good security as you need a key to get through the hall where the rooms are and another key to get in the dorm itself. Big locker for everyone on top of that in the dorm. Nice place, would recommend.

• 22nd Jun 2012

Cambie Hostel - Seymour

Vancouver, Canada

Great staff. Location was pretty good too. The dorm was a bit cramped with a lack of space for the bags. Lockers in the rooms would have been great too, but good security for accessing the rooms (card key for the main door then another key for the dorm). Facilities are clean and nice, except for the fact that there's no personal space to change after your shower. The muffin given for breakfast was delicious and HUGE. All in all, a good place to spend a few days in Vancouver.

• 21st Jun 2012
  • Globetrotter

I stayed there 6 nights and it was great : good neighborhood, good location (10 minutes from the heart of Miraflores, from the supermarket and from the Metroline), big and clean bathroom and kitchen, hot water, good breakfast (especially the fresh juice, different every day), wifi and computer available for guests and a TV room. The place was also quiet so it was great to sleep in and the staff is really nice and helpful. It felt like a second home away from home! I definitely recommend.

• 14th Jun 2012

Hostal Magico

Cusco, Peru

This is a great place to stay in Cusco. The hostel has a lot of caché, the beds in the dorm are very comfortable and warm. All the staff is really nice and helpful. I could left my backpack in storage for several days when I went to the Machu Picchu. The computers with the free internet work great, the TV room is a very agreeable place to relax. The hostel is 15 minutes away from the Plaza de Armas but it´s a nice walk! I definitely recommend the place, I kept adding more nights to my stay.

• 25th May 2012

Bacoo Hostel

La Paz, Bolivia

I really like this hostel : the staff is really nice and helpful, it´s quiet even though the bar area is a great place to relax (and it´s practical if you don´t want to go out to eat in the evening). The free internet computers are really useful too. It was my second stay here and I would definitely recommend!

• 17th May 2012

Wild Rover Backpackers

• 29th Apr 2012

Bacoo Hostel

La Paz, Bolivia

Really liked this hostel : nice people at the reception desk, good breakfast (well, classic continental breakfast but the bread was really good!), nice big bar, free internet and the hostel itself looks pretty nice. And I managed to get a good night sleep! Compared to other hostels in La Paz, this was a dream. Will definitely go back there when I return to La Paz.

• 28th Apr 2012

HI-Valle Hermosa

Tupiza, Bolivia

Nice hostel. I was in the annex, over the tour agency. Breakfast is not included, even though it´s written it is on hostelworld. You have to pay to get one (between 10 and 20 Bs). Breakfast itself is good though I had to keep running after people in order to have it on time before the departure of my tour. I did a 4 days tour with the agency. The tour itself was really good but Freddy (the owner) will tend to skip over the details. Ask questions and ask things to be written down!

• 23rd Apr 2012

Casona Potosi Hostal

Potosi, Bolivia

The breakfast system was a bit complicated and breakfast itself is a bit light. A light in the bathroom would be nice. But the staff was nice and the building has some character. I liked the fact that the lights in the communal area are turned off at 11PM, so that people don´t stay and be loud until very late. I did the Mine Tour with the hostel too and it was great.

• 20th Apr 2012

Gringo's Rincon Hostel

Sucre, Bolivia

Great hostel. Mike is absolutely great, friendly, helpful and he keeps the place spotless! Really good value for the money. I was in a 4 bed dorms with private bathroom and for the bit more you´ll have to pay, you´ll gain a great peace of mind, not having to run around to find a free bathroom in the morning.

• 6th Apr 2012

Jodanga Backpackers Hostel

Santa Cruz, Bolivia

Clean and comfortable, I really enjoyed my stay. The staff was always really nice and helpful. The swimming pool was a real pleasure after the heat and humidity of Santa Cruz! The location is not the best as you have to walk about 30 minutes to get to the city center but there´s not much to do in Santa Cruz so spending the days lazying in the hostel, enjoying the TV, games and swimming pool is a better option than visiting around.

• 2nd Apr 2012

Marlon's House Puno

Puno, Peru

Nice hostel. I booked in a dorm but they put me in a room with twin beds that I had to share with another guy. Though it wasn t a problem for me, I could see how it could annoy some people. But the room was ensuite and very clean and spacious so I was glad. When I tried to take a shower at 6AM, there was no hot water though. The continental breakfast was good and everybody had the reception was always really nice. All in all, I do recommend the place as it was really good value for money.

• 28th Mar 2012

El Albergue Espanol

Arequipa, Peru

This is a great place to stay: very cheap (rooms are basic but sufficient) and yet very well located, next to the main selling area and just a few blocks from the Plaza de Armas. People at the reception were always really nice. I could leave my bag there when I went for a 3 days trek in the Cañon del Colca. The showers were always warm (I took them in the afternoon) and if the bathrooms´ floor is sometimes dirty, it´s because people don´t have the decency to clean it after themselves.

• 23rd Mar 2012
  • Globetrotter

Fairly good hostel. The private twin room we had was tiny though and a bit dirty. But they clean the facilities regularly so no problem there. About the location, it's not the best if you want to travel only on JR trains as the closest station is a good 30 minutes away, but if you take the metro, the Asakusa station is close by. There's free lockers if you're in a dorm and free storage for your luggage when you leave.

Tomato Kyoto Station

Kyoto, Japan

Our stay in Tomato was great! We got an upgrade on our room, the hostel is quiet and clean and the staff is absolutely perfect: Toru was very helpful and answered all our questions about Kyoto and Ana was lovely. The location is very good to explore the city but also to explore the rest of Kansai, as it's a 5 minutes walk from Kyoto train station. We even decided to stay 3 nights longer because we enjoyed the hostel very much.

Thank you for staying at Tomato Guest House! We really enjoyed taliking with you. Actually, we do not have lots of guests due to the natural disaster, so your staying at Tomato really helped us. Please tell your friends that Japan is safe and situation is not bad compared to the news broadcasted on TV. We wish we could see you again.

Hotel Chuo

Osaka, Japan

It's cheap, the people at the reception are very nice and helpful. The location is quite good if you have a JR Pass, as you are two stops away from the night life area and 20 minutes away from the main train station. The hotel is very easy to find and the neighborhood quite ok. So sure, it doesn't look like the best place in the world and it can be noisy if your room faces the train tracks but all in all, it's a good enough place to stay for the price you pay.

One of the best hostels I stayed at. All of the staff was perfect, always ready to help, knowledgeable and with a smile for everyone. My friend and I booked for a dorm and got upgraded to have our own room, which was perfect! We stayed for 4 nights so got a voucher that allowed us to get bikes for free for 1 day. Facilities were clean, kitchen well equipped and very quiet area. I'd completely recommend this hostel!

• 5th May 2011
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for staying with us and your feedback!! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here! We also had a good time you two.You two were always smiled to us which made us happy! If you have another opportunity to come back to J-Hoppers,I will take you two my favorite places! Thanks once again and enjoy the rest of your trip! ARIGATOU! J-Hoppers Hiroshima staff

BB's Working Backpackers

Sydney, Australia

Laid back hostel, with good facilities and nice staff. It can get a bit noisy if your room is close to the living area but nothing unbearable during my stay. The bus to go to the city is very fast and if you want a nice walk, it's 45 minutes. I'd recommend this hostel.

Blue Mountains YHA

Blue Mountains, Australia

Clean, big, well organized, it's professionally built and professionally managed. There's lockers in the rooms too. Location is good (not far from the big walks around). It can be a bit noisy because the walls are thin but I think it was only noisy because it was Easter holidays and there were a lot of kids around.

Perth Beach Hostel (Indigo)

Perth, Australia

1. There were bed bugs in our dorm (room 7): we could see them crawling on the walls. Staff was helpful and gave us a new room but still. Apparently, other rooms were infested too. 2. I think they should advertise the fact that you have to pay to get hot water for your shower (1 dollar/4 minutes). It's a pity, the place would be nice without that.

I was in the 18 beds dorm and it was great! Each bed has a curtain, lamp, plug and best of all, a big box to put your things under your bed. So if you bring your own lock, it\'s perfectly secure. Facilities were clean. There\'s no kitchen, so not practical for people who stay for a long time, but the pub downstairs offers food and there\'s a lot of places to eat around. Only bad thing: how loud the pub was at night during the weekend. Good earplugs are necessary.

Birmingham Central Backpackers

Birmingham, England

The location might seem dodgy at night but it's close to the bus stop and I didn't see any "suspicious" things so it's really not a problem. I only stayed one night and arrived late so I can't really give any opinion about what happens in this hostel, but the bathroo, is clean, the room nice and everything looked cosy.

Orbit Hotel & Hostel

Los Angeles, USA

It was a good hostel. They proposed a lot of activities, even if I didn't participate in any of them because I used my car to go visit stuff, but for someone without a car, that's a good point. The dorm was nice and clean, the staff was really friendly. I would recommend!

Smart Camden Hostel

Good place to sleep, very well located in Camden. The room was really quiet. Nice staff. Only down : the showers are terrible, don't really let you a choice if you don't want to wash your hair! And too warm. Other than that, I'll recommend.

Jazz on the Villa

New York, USA

It's really cheap and nice place to say, in a really cool place and not so far from a subway station. My only concern was the security, as the door of our dorm was never locked, there isn't enough lockers for everyone and our food got stolen from the fridge.

This hostel doesn't really look like an hostel, more like a hotel without common room, but it's located in a really quiet area. Our room was big and really agreable as we got an upgrade on our room when we checked in. there's just a lack of bathroom but other than that, it's a really nice place to stay.

This hostel is a very nice and quiet place to stay. You're not far from the city center and even if the neighborhood might seem a little shaby, we had a great time there and if I ever go back to New Orleans, I'll definitely will go back there. For those who say they didn't find the hostel, it's just that there is only a sign on the door saying that it's it, you just have to look a little bit more!

Thank you Natacha for the kind comments and honest review on areas where we need improvement. We at Joe & Flo are working harder everyday to make every guest stay here comfortable, enjoyable, & rememberable. Hope to see you on your next visit!!

This hostel is very nice, with a lot of character. If you like a laid back, kind of hippie atmosphere, this place is for you! The location is excellent as the streetcar and buses drive just in the next street. I would definitely recommend.

Ants on the beds, very strange people in the dorms, and shaddy neighborhood. Go somewhere else if you can.

A really great place to stay, in the middle of the nature. I would totally recommend to everyone needing a place to stay not to far from Yosemite!

Hostel California

Los Angeles, USA

Very great place to stay in LA. The staff is really nice (especially Mike, very helpful!) and very well located: with a car, the ride to LAX is easy and the beach is also not very far away. I'd recommend!

Very great place to stay in Vegas. The staff is extremely nice and helpful and even offered us a ride in a limo, which was pretty cool!

Central Hostel

Nice place, stayed one night because it was one of the cheapest hostels in london. Not far away from the subway, good accomodations.

Lake District Backpackers

Lake District, England

The hostel is very well situated but is quite small (especially the 7 beds bedroom)

Totters

Caernarfon, Wales

This hostel is a very great one. The location is absolutely superb: