Reviews: alexisn

Location England, Gender Male, Age 32

YHA Liverpool, Liverpool, England
3.7
2nd Jan 2015

Pretty grim. The dorm stank and was so over-heated that I was sweating all night and struggled to sleep. Dirty bathroom with a moldy shower curtain and hairs & grime around the bath & washbasin. Dents in the bathroom door, apparently from someone trying to kick it in. Check-in took half an hour and our key fobs couldn't be activated. My friend was allocated a dorm that was full, as she found out when someone came back to find her in their bed (the only empty one when we arrived) at 5am.

Copenhagen Downtown Hostel, Copenhagen, Denmark
12th Dec 2014

A really nice hostel with some of the friendliest staff I've come across. I wasn't expecting much from the free dinner but it was absolutely delicious and a really nice touch. The breakfast was also really good and worth paying for. The comments about plug sockets in the dorms are valid, but between the five of us in the dorm we managed to sort out all the charging time we needed.

Miette Guest House, Jasper, Canada
18th Sep 2014

The most comfortable and restful night of my two-week trip across Canada. The bathroom was a little dated but the room and bathroom were spotlessly clean, well located, quite and great value for money. I reckon even the most hardcore backpacker would relish a night or two of peace and quiet here.

Planet Traveler Hostel, Toronto, Canada
8th Sep 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Planet Traveller. Clean and comfortable and the roof terrace was a great place to relax and chat.

HI San Francisco - Downtown, San Francisco, USA
2nd Nov 2013

I spent a very pleasant week here with two friends in a three-bed private room. The hostel was clean, the staff were friendly, the location was fantastic, and the breakfast was very good. The free coffee that's always available in the lobby was the icing on the cake. If I was really pedantic I'd have a moan about the water pressure in the showers. But I'm not, so I won't.

AAE Bourbon House Hostel, New Orleans, USA
6.9
26th Oct 2013

I enjoyed my stay at AAE Bourbon house. The hostel has a nice atmosphere and the communal courtyard is lovely. The rooms were quite damp however, and the bathrooms were quite mildewy. That said, I imagine it's very hard to avoid this in such a humid climate and the hostel certainly didn't feel dirty. The staff were helpful and the whiteboard offering tips on what was happening in New Orleans each day was a really nice touch. Breakfast was limited - batter was provided to make pancakes with.

Nashville Downtown Hostel, Nashville, USA
20th Oct 2013

We stayed here for two nights, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hostel. Friendly staff, well-appointed with nicely-decorated communal areas and rooms.

Chicago Getaway Hostel, Chicago, USA
15th Oct 2013

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in. Comfortable beds, spacious room (we stayed in a 4-bed private), good breakfast, very helpful staff. A little bit too industrial-feeling perhaps. The location is beautiful, with Lincoln Park very close by. The steps out the front of the hostel are very slippery in the rain - I found out the humiliating way!

St Christopher's Inn Bath, Bath, England
7.1
12th Jul 2013

Hotel International, Manchester, England
4.9
15th Dec 2012

Depressing, tired decor in urgent need of renovation. Not a nice place to spend a night.

Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt, Frankfurt, Germany
13th Dec 2012

• England,
Castanea Old Town Hostel, Stockholm, Sweden
9.0
22nd Apr 2009

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in. Spotlessly clean, exceptionally helpful staff, lovely building, good location and comfortable beds.

• England,
RC Miguel Angel, Madrid, Spain
8.7
6th Nov 2008

An excellent hostel. Clean, friendly, superbly located. Only sliiight moan was that the heating was far too high during the night. And of course some sort of common room or bar would be nice, but then no hostel has everything!