Reviews: alexisn

Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 30

I spent a very pleasant week here with two friends in a three-bed private room. The hostel was clean, the staff were friendly, the location was fantastic, and the breakfast was very good. The free coffee that's always available in the lobby was the icing on the cake. If I was really pedantic I'd have a moan about the water pressure in the showers. But I'm not, so I won't.

• 2nd Nov 2013

AAE Bourbon House Hostel

New Orleans, USA

I enjoyed my stay at AAE Bourbon house. The hostel has a nice atmosphere and the communal courtyard is lovely. The rooms were quite damp however, and the bathrooms were quite mildewy. That said, I imagine it's very hard to avoid this in such a humid climate and the hostel certainly didn't feel dirty. The staff were helpful and the whiteboard offering tips on what was happening in New Orleans each day was a really nice touch. Breakfast was limited - batter was provided to make pancakes with.

• 26th Oct 2013

Nashville Downtown Hostel

Nashville, USA

We stayed here for two nights, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hostel. Friendly staff, well-appointed with nicely-decorated communal areas and rooms.

• 20th Oct 2013

Chicago Getaway Hostel

Chicago, USA

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in. Comfortable beds, spacious room (we stayed in a 4-bed private), good breakfast, very helpful staff. A little bit too industrial-feeling perhaps. The location is beautiful, with Lincoln Park very close by. The steps out the front of the hostel are very slippery in the rain - I found out the humiliating way!

• 15th Oct 2013

• 12th Jul 2013

Hotel International

Manchester, England

Depressing, tired decor in urgent need of renovation. Not a nice place to spend a night.

• 15th Dec 2012

Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt

Frankfurt, Germany

• 13th Dec 2012

Castanea Old Town Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in. Spotlessly clean, exceptionally helpful staff, lovely building, good location and comfortable beds.

RC Miguel Angel

Madrid, Spain

An excellent hostel. Clean, friendly, superbly located. Only sliiight moan was that the heating was far too high during the night. And of course some sort of common room or bar would be nice, but then no hostel has everything!