La Serrana

Salento, Colombia

Hard to sleep; rooms in main bldg are right next to large common areas, was v. loud at night. Checked out a night early because of that. The nearest place to buy food (e.g. cookies, not a restaurant) is about 10min away, which is not a problem until you need to walk there in a torrential downpour, in the evening, on a path parts of which are completely unlit. Although HW says this hostel has a "mini-supermarket", all it is is a fridge with beverages; no food for purchase. Site is pretty though.

• 6th Jan 2014

Sam�S VIP Hostel San Gil

San Gil, Colombia

Their email from HW gives out an incorrect check-in time (1pm, on site found out it was in fact 2pm though). Staff were nice though and the location can't be beat. It's a tad expensive for what's offered, and services such as laundry were much more expensive than other hostels I've stayed at. However, I would stay here again.

• 2nd Jan 2014

The Cranky Croc Hostel

Bogota, Colombia

Very satisfied; staff were nice, very well-behaved, well taken care of pets (dog & cat), good breakfasts and dinners available for cheap. Some rooms are louder than others (near common areas). I had to make multiple changes to my reservation and the staff were very responsive and accommodating. I'd definitely stay here again.

• 31st Dec 2013

Canadiana Backpackers Inn

Toronto, Canada

Nothing wrong with the hostel; I'd stay here again. Just be aware that its convenient location in the middle of the entertainment district means A LOT of noise every night. I was here on Saturday and Sunday and both nights I barely got any sleep because there was so much ridiculously loud shouting, screaming, and arguing going on in the street. Earplugs were useless. Perhaps try asking for a room not facing the street if you'd like to get some sleep..

• 19th Oct 2013
  • Poland

Thanks for your feedback. Sorry for the weekend party crowd.I guess that is the price we have to pay for the convenience of being down-town! as you said we do have free earplugs at reception however if those are not working we can always try and move you to a quieter room just ask!

Hostel Blues

Bratislava, Slovakia

Very clean and excellent location (10 min walk from the bus station, 5 min walk from old town), computers with internet access at the reception. At times the staff seemed overworked (busy check-in or check-out times), but they were helpful and pleasant, and available 24/7. I would stay here again.