Red Emperor Hostel

Tallinn, Estonia

Firstly I'd like to say the hostel is absolutely spotless and the staff are really friendly and nice. However there is a serious lack of toilets which is a bit frustrating. Also you enter the hostel through one of two different entrances and the times seemed to suit the staff rather than what I was told on checkin meaning I had to traipse all the wayto the other side of the building. Staff are nice...but not locals and weren't able to make recommendations other than those in the free map

Pogo Hostel

Vilnius, Lithuania

Not the worst hostel in the world and the location is great for the Old Town. However it has seen better days and the showers and toilets could do with a proper regular clean. No soap in the dispensers on any day we were there, hair clogging the shower and no hot water on our last morning. Bit of confusion with the beds which was a bit awkward as we arrived really late so han to stumble around in the dark to find a free one. Not being able to close roof windows at night meant we were cold

Jetpak Jumpdesk

Berlin, Germany

Neil and Alex go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Nice little touches like an email before you arrive to make sure you know how to get to the hostel. Both extremely friendly, welcoming and helpful on arrival. Hostel was spotlessly clean throughout.

• 29th Mar 2013

Home Travellers Motel- St Kilda

Melbourne, Australia

Rooms kinda smelled of feet even though no one else was there and seemed impossible to air out. Blankets could do with replacing. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful so full marks on that side.

Holiday House Abelia

Bergamo, Italy

Staff very nice and friendly but room could be cleaned earlier. Noisy in the afternoon as a result. Other guests left soiled kids clothes in the bathroom which wasn't nice! Some suspect stains on the walls of my room. It looked clean and bright and nicely decorated though I think a deep clean wouldn't go amiss. Location is really not convenient for anywhere, even the train station is a metro stop or bus journey away but it's a cheap alternative if you don't mind the travel bit.

The lack of a common room makes the place feel a bit claustrophic. It's fine for a day or two though and it's kept quite clean. Some noisy neighbours though the staff were very helpful, especially the two girls I met during my stay.

Locanda Artè

Venice, Italy

Great price and fantastic location but very hard to find though we did arrive in the middle of a thunder storm. The directions given on the website are fine but we weren't coming from that direction....take the water bus to the Accademia stop it will save you a lot of hassle. The staff were really friendly though some spoke very little English. Some of the rooms are in different buildings but that's not really a big deal. Disabled access may be a problem. A real find though overall. I would stay again definitely.