The Hostel-Inn Iguazu Falls

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

I stayed here ten years ago and loved my experience, so I stayed again. I still love this hostel! It's true that it is a bus ride out of town, but that's what gives it it's beautiful grounds, big pool, and peace and quiet. I will stay here again I'm sure.

HI Curitiba Eco Hostel

Curitiba, Brazil

Most hostels in Curitiba are out of the city center, and this is no exception. But that makes for a quiet and peaceful stay. The grounds of this hostel are beautiful. There is a supermarket nearby and kitchens to use. Good bus connections to downtown. I wished we could have stayed longer!

Ginga Hostel

Belo Horizonte, Brazil

This is a great hostel with all amenities, easy access to the rest of the city, and great common areas. Only negatives are that there is only one shower for most of the dorms. I heard that one of the dorms had a shower inside, but ours did not, and there were many others that did not, so we had to wait in line for the one shower. We also had our laundry done, but it took days and we were missing some of our clothes. But this was due to the influx of guests during world cup.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Globetrotter

Pelopousada

Salvador, Brazil

I think this hostel has been closed. I booked a year ago for world cup, and I notice now that the property is not even listed on the website anymore. I wish hostelworld would have informed me of this prior to my arrival so I could have made other arrangements. We had wired money a year ago, so eventhough the hostel is no longer operating, they let us stay there. There were not other guests.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Globetrotter

Joan´s Hostel

San Salvador, El Salvador

I can't say enough good things about this hostel. Very clean, beautiful common areas, and an amazing staff. The owner Ana is soooo helpful. Easy to take a bus to the center of the San Salvador. Lots of places to eat nearby.

Hotel Don Moises

Copan Ruinas, Honduras

I'm torn about how to review this hostel. It was really lovely, perfect location, very very clean, and really nice staff. The problem for me was that the staff was either not around or not knowledgeable about basic information. In addition to having nice facilities, backpackers need to be able to easily get information. When I asked about basic things such as guided tours at the ruins or how to get a bus to my next destination, they really had no idea. I was kind of on my own.

Arenal Hostel Resort

La Fortuna, Costa Rica

This is a really cool hostel with a nice pool and fun bar and kitchen common are to hang out in. My only complaint is that the locks on the lock boxes are so big that the average backpacker´s padlock won´t fit through the thing rings. There should be standard size locks. But other than that everything was great. I decided to leave a day early, and they refunded me one night, which they did not have to do and it was very nice of them. Oh, and the welcome drink is fantastic! Nice touch!

Sleepers Sleep Cheaper Hostel

Monteverde, Costa Rica

This hostel was great, one of the best breakfasts I have ever had at a hostel. The owners are great! I booked all my tours there, arranged transport and everthing went smoothly.

This was a great place to stay, extremely helpful and friendly staff, beautiful pool and good restaurant. It isn't in downtown Aqaba, but it is easy enough to get to by bus or private taxi. Actually both times I needed to go into town a staff member gave me a ride.

Saba'a Hotel

Petra, Jordan

Great value for the money. No frills, but everything you need to enjoy Petra.

Boomerang Guesthouse

Selcuk, Turkey

Great hostel and excellent value. Would stay again for sure. The staff is helpful and friendly and make guests feel at home. Note that there aren't heaters in the rooms if staying during the winter. But the one in the common room is great to sit around and drink tea or coffe, which the staff is always ready to supply. The breakfast is one of the best of any hostel I've ever stayed at. No lockers in the rooms.

Tracks Bed & Breakfast

Kuching, Malaysia

Great staff and location, somtimes the staff was hard to find! But awesome place. Only critique is not a great common area to hand out with other travellers. Of course that depends on the travellers, so not necessarily the hostels fault. But could have been a bit better on the "fun" factor. Otherwise a great place to stay in Kuching.

A bit pricier than others in the area, but clean, secure and great location.

Awu Hostel

Kenting, Taiwan

Second time staying here and everything was great again. I bit far from downtown Kenting, but there are not really any cheap hostels downtown, so this is the best there is I think.

A Little Bird Guesthouse

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Caters to the backpacker for sure, you can book excursions and trasportation through the hostel.

Saphaipae Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

The best part was the friendly, helpful staff. Felt more like a hotel than a hostel, laundry rooms, tv rooms, internet, cafe, couldn't ask for more.

Frendz Resort Boracay

Boracay Island, Philippines

Perfection. Will stay again.

Walkers' Hostel

Taipei, Taiwan

Awu Hostel

Kenting, Taiwan

This hostal is right on Nawan beach, so if you want to go to downtown Kenting you would probably want a scooter or it would be a long walk. But there is a scooter rental place nearby for only $400 per day. Also a cool restaurant near by, so great place to stay overall. The staff was great and helpful. I will be back at Awu!

thanks a lot jill hopefully you have a good trip in Taiwan, see you soon take care

Great place, nothing bad to say about it. Cool decor, comfortable beds, and great location

Walkers' Hostel

Taipei, Taiwan

Felt very at home, right next to Da'an MRT, perfect location. Will stay again for sure.

Check in/out took an excessively long time.It took me an hour to check in, with only two people in front of me! There is only one person at the front desk at a time, so if someone wants to use the internet (not free) or someone has a question, they take them first.You have to leave a 5 euro deposit that you only get back if you check out by 10, so you can imagine the line at check out before 10.I thought they played the Sound of Music all the time,but only at 10:30am. Otherwise, good hostel.

Red Carpet Hostels Vienna

Vienna, Austria

A lot of reviews said "almost a hotel," but actually, it was a hotel, turned into a hostel. Really cool idea, the rooms have a maximum of four beds, and not bunks, but real beds. The bar is really spacious, and you get a free drink at check in. The staff was so helpful. I had a really short stay, but would stay again next time I'm in Vienna.

Goat Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Good location, the directions were great. Spacious, nice kitchen area, movies played at night. All kinds of tours booked.

Nathan's Villa Sighisoara

Sighisoara, Romania

Nothing negative to say, I had a great time there. Good home base for exploring. They helped arrange horseback riding, which was also really fun.

East Hostel

Bucharest, Romania

I would recommend this hostel for a stay in Bucharest. The staff is super helpful and knowledgeable. They organized the tour of the palace in advance for us and had lots of advice on the rest of Romania. A bit of a mosquito problem though, so bring insect repellent! I got eaten alive.

Great stay,good location.We had difficulty with the language,the staff did not speak English.We were charged the full amount instead of subtracting the deposit, so when we checked out we were trying to ask what happened to the deposit we had paid, which was very difficult with the language barrier.In the end, we got our deposit back, but after being screamed at by the owner in Japanese.I think he just made a mistake,I don't think he was tring to rip us off,but frustrating!

This place was great, good location. lots of activities, and an awesome staff. I would totally stay here if I ever return to Berlin.

Legends

Rome, Italy

Great location, near Termini, easy to get around and the staff was helpful. There are no other amenities, like internet, bar, etc. but you can head to their other property down the street and hang out at their bar. Lots of drink specials there.