• Italy, Couple, 31-40
La Controra Hostel Naples, Naples, Italy
27th Jun 2014

I have lived in Naples years ago but have always found it difficult to recommend a place to stay for my international friends: now I've found one! La controra is a great place, clean, hospitable, with helpful and competent staff, good location next to a metro station and close to the historical center = walking distance from many touristic spots + cool areas for going out in the evenings.

• Italy, Female, 31-40
Astor Museum Inn, London, England
23rd May 2013

Small rooms, fairly clean for London standards, friendly staff (they let me pick up my bag at like midnight). Not cheap but OK for London - likely to come back again next time I travel to London.

• Italy, Female, 25-30
Odyssee Globetrotter Hostel, Berlin, Germany
9.0
23rd Jun 2011

36 ROOMS Berlin Kreuzberg, Berlin, Germany
8.7
3rd Jan 2011

Good hostel, nice atmosphere, free wi-fi (even though on our 2nd floor signla was poor so we went downstairs), nice staff - will come back again!

Hostal Yolanda, Madrid, Spain
9.3
8th May 2010

Great place. As somebody wrote, it looks like you're staying at your old aunt's place, so it's not for the party animals. But the place is nice, basic, but very clean, plenty of bathrooms and showers. The owners are a nice, friendly old couple, who live there, I think; they don't speak a word of english, but my broken spanish was enough to communicate. The area is good too, very central but not too noisy (and safe - I'm a girl travelling alone).

Hotel AltDüsseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
15th Jun 2009

I was on the first floor and it was a bit noisy from the clubs and pus down the street - otherwise great place, right in the middle of the old part of the city.