Tomato Kyoto Station

Kyoto, Japan

A strange place with no access from 11.00 to 16.00; `walk slowly` signs in the corridors; no noise after 21.00. Perfect for light sleepers like me.

SUM Guest House Jeju Airport

Jeju Island, South Korea

Spoiled by non-stop noise pollution in the common area and inconsiderate hostellers: who thought it was acceptable to sort out the contents of a suitcase, with much rustling of polythene bags, at 22.30; spend an hour, until 23.30, with a light on doing something to her hands; come in and out of the room a number of times; switch a light on and hang up laundry at 00.45 and inform me she could put a light on anytime she wanted to; play with cellphone; a male came in at 01.30 and snored loudly.

Amakaya Backpacker Hostel

Plettenberg Bay, South Africa

Friendly, clean and quiet.

Hello Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Please let us know of any improvements you feel we should make. Regards Dave Swart

clean,airy dorms with air-con and fan; toast and jam for breakfast; tea and coffee any time; helpful staff; Room 1 downstairs a bit noisy from traffic and reception next to the door.

Colombo Beach Hostel

Colombo, Sri Lanka

Hostel was fine, mosquitoes were a problem. I had more bites in two days in Sri Lanka than two months in India. Yes, I did use repellant.

Betel Box Backpacker Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

Very helpful staff. Free breakfast and email a bonus. Friendly cat!