HI San Luis Obispo, San Luis Obispo, USA
22nd Jun 2014

Staff and owner were great, cute little house in a good spot of town. There was a problem with my bed/room and the owner was great about it, switched me rooms without blinking an eye. Wifi worked great and the showers were adequate and clean. Pancake breakfast in the morning was fun and appreciated.

FUN-D Hostel Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai, Thailand
21st Mar 2014

I really liked this place. The staff was super helpful, the restaurant food was cheap and delicious, the rooms and bathrooms were clean and spacious. I was able to do my laundry myself using coin machines. The location was great, just a 5-minute walk to the free tram tour... I wouldn't stay anywhere else if I was to return to Chiang Rai.

Nam Long Hotel, Dong Hoi, Vietnam
18th Mar 2014

The staff was friendly, took them a little time to warm up but then they were super helpful and smiley. The dorm room upstairs is spacious, the beds comfy, the showers hot. The lockers are easy to break into, though.... Staff booked me an AWESOME 2-cave tour in Phong Nha-Ko Bong Park, totally worth the 800,000 dong. Breakfast was great, try the cappuccino! All in all, I would stay here again if I was to visit the National Park; otherwise there isn't much to see in this town.

Town House 50 Saigon, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
7th Mar 2014

Great, helpful and friendly staff. Fantastic value for the free breakfast, they helped organize some tours and train tickets for me. The dorm rooms were good and the beds super comfortable. The only thing was that there was only 1 toilet and 1 shower for the entire floor (16 beds). If I was to stay in HCMC again, I would book here!

The Siem Reap Hostel, Siem Reap, Cambodia
21st Feb 2014

Honestly, one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The staff was super friendly, the indoor pool was heaven in such hot temps! Food and drinks were good, rooms were spotless and so were the bathrooms.... Really liked this hostel, I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else in SiemReap.

Seaside Cottages, Phuket, Thailand
18th Feb 2014

Great value for money, superb location if you're looking for a nice beach and a quiet get-away. Restaurant food was good, the lady running reception/restaurant was very sweet. Unfortunately, we tried to engage the owner in a conversation several times and he couldn't be bothered (he was obviously quite busy running the place), so that kinda sucked. Bathrooms were spotless and well-kept, showers were hot.... I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Babia Backpackers, Ronda, Spain
29th Nov 2013

El Granado, Granada, Spain
20th Nov 2013

I dare you to find a better hostel in all of Spain! Absolutely fantastic, in big part due to the awesome staff members who were so friendly, helpful and caring. Thank you to Freddy, Greg, Lana, Deborah, Kiko and other members, you guys rock! The bedrooms are ideal, the beds comfy and quiet (solidly-built), huge lockers.... The bathrooms were brand-new, had hot water, always clean... The kitchen was well-stocked and practical, good breakfast in the morning for 2euros, Fantastic location...

Lisboa Hostal, Algeciras, Spain
19th Nov 2013

Great reception by Rosa, who also offered to come with me to the post office to ensure smooth communications.... Room was clean, I was really happy to have my own bathroom, amazing value for your money!

• Canada, Mixed Group, 31-40
Hostal Vallparadis, Chefchaouen, Morocco
15th Nov 2013

Good little riad, we enjoyed staying here.... Good location right inside the medina, was a little hard to find because the house numbers in town aren't in chronological order.... Fatima and Jose were quite friendly and helpful....

thank you my friend!! think about now you have your little riad in Chefchaouen, is your house. Regards from Fatima and Jose. I am very pleased to have the opportunity to meet people like you. Jose

8th Nov 2013

The staff was great, very friendly and helpful. Location was great as well, right on the inside of the old Portuguese wall. It's a lovely little hostel, with a great breakfast, beautiful decorations and nice rooms and bathrooms.

Riad Chakir Mogador, Essaouira, Morocco
5th Nov 2013

The staff were friendly,beautifully decorated riad, our little room was great, our bathroom was really good as well, the free breakfast was delicious, the location excellent.... Maybe the security could be improved a bit, our room door was easy to open even if it was locked, as it was difficult to bolt the one door into the floor...... Otherwise, we loved staying here!

Riad Ouassaggou, Imlil, Morocco
2nd Nov 2013

We really loved this little place, one of our nicer rooms in our entire one-month trip through Morocco. Our room was lovely and cozy, with a real fireplace, traditional Berber bathrobes, a patio, tea cozy and even a bath in the washroom! The free breakfasts are good, as are the supper they prepared for us in the restaurant. The owner Houssine and all staff members were helpful and professional. If we were to return to Imlil in the future, we would not consider staying anywhere else!

La Petite Kasbah, Zagora, Morocco
29th Oct 2013

The service here was fantastic; the owner made sure you were well taken care of. Our shower didn't work well in our first room and he immediately switched rooms for us. The food in the restaurant is also quite good; the vegetarian couscous was awesome and the breakfasts were always good and plentiful. This is a good starting point if you're planning on driving to either Todra or Dades Gorges, although the town itself isn't exciting.... We would recommend staying here; simply and cheap!

Pineapple Park Kona, Kailua-Kona, USA
8.0
25th Mar 2012

El Refugio Hostel, Ronda, Spain
9th Jan 2007

Set in a beautiful and peaceful setting and in an absolutely charming old house, this is the perfect get-away!! Don't be discouraged by the hostel's distance from Ronda; call Bots (owner) and he'll pick you up. If Bots offers to cook you breakfast or supper, definately take him up on it - he's a trained chef! Delicious. A fun and social stay, I recommend this place to anyone who loves nature, Andalucia and great company by the fire.

Triana Backpackers, Seville, Spain
22nd Dec 2006

I loved this hostel. It is safe, the beautiful kitchen is well-equipped for those who want to cook, the location is fantastic, the rooms and bathrooms are spotless.... I loved the TV/movie room and the decorations here. Great place, will stay here again if ever I'm back in Seville.

Sidsmums Travellers Retreat, Carcassonne, France
8.7
4th Dec 2006

The owner Janice was very friendly and courteous, the little cabins were adorable and very cottage-like which we loved, and the kitchen has a wonderful range of cooking tools. I recomment staying here, especially if you have a car or are arriving early enough in the day to take a bus (it's a little out of the way of Carcassonne).

Purple, Sorrento, Italy
9.3
15th Nov 2006

This is a wonderful hostel, they gave me my own room despite the fact that I had booked in the dorm. The rooms and bathrooms arekept immaculately clean and the free breakfast is great! Staff is fun and friendly, free Internet, beautiful area, what more can you ask for?

La Dolce Vita, Cinque Terre, Italy
3rd Nov 2006

Great location, friendly staff, good kitchen, nice rooms.

Venexia, Venice, Italy
8.0
30th Oct 2006

The location is one of the best things going for this place, right between Ponto Rialto and Piazza San Marco. Fantastic! Also, the owner/manager was a very nice guy who welcomed us with generosity and complete kindness.

7.0
7th Oct 2006

Our room cards often didn't work, which meant we had to walk back to the main hostel over and over again to get them "fixed". All beds in our dorm were made except for one; every night, I had to climb onto the upper bunk to fit the sheets onto the bed and stuff the pillow and comforter into their covers.