Nice hot showers, comfy beds, and nice family/staff. Was a bit out of the way, but nice and quiet at night. 6 soles from the bus station. They answered all our questions and helped us book and islands tour and our bus to Arequipa. Defnitely make sure to do the overnight to Amantani!

Hostel Nakel Yenu

El Calafate, Argentina

Good hostel, though a bit large. Price point was good for us and it was about a 20 minute walk from the bus station. Good and hearty, if basic, breakfast.

La Comarca Hostel

El Chalten, Argentina

Great location and comfy beds. I like that it`s a small hostel and the staff were very friendly. Would stay there again.

Hi Patagonia Hostel Puerto Madryn

Puerto Madryn, Argentina

HIGHLY recommend this hostel. Gaston and the rest of the staff were very helpful.

Chimbas

Mendoza, Argentina

Very nice and helpful staff. Rooms were clean and were exactly what we were looking for. We were looking for something a bit quieter and it was perfect. Location was only about 5-10 mins from the bus station and 15-20 to the center of town (Plaza Independencia). I would definitely stay at Chimbas again. You pay a little extra for cleanliness and peace and quiet which to me is worth it.

El Diablo Tranquilo

Punta del Diablo, Uruguay

The hostel and staff are wonderful. The common areas are a great place to hang out and the location can't be beat. Good international group of people. I will be staying there again when I return to Punta del Diablo.

El Diablo Tranquilo Playa Suites

Punta del Diablo, Uruguay

I loved my time at Diablo Tranquilo Playa Suites. Friendly staff, great location (though a bit hard to find at midnight), comfortable beds etc. No complaints and I will be staying there again in the future.

Chilextremo Hostel

Farellones, Chile

The Dominica Hostel in Farellones is easily one of my favorite hostels that I've ever stayed in. It was more like a house than a hostel. Max and the ChileExtremo staff rule and helped me out with anything I needed. Dominica had: cozy beds, hot showers, areas to dry your stuff, full kitchen, big breakfast, couches, lockers, access to the mountains (mainly hitchhiking like everyone else) and good vibes all around. MAKE SURE TO BUY FOOD IN SANTIAGO AS IT IS VERY EXPENSIVE IN FARELLONES!!!!

Bellavista Hostel

Santiago, Chile

Great place to stay with a very helpful and friendly staff. Definitely one of the better hostels I´ve ever stayed at. It´s also located in an area full of bars etc so its easy to go out for a meal or a beer or whatever.