South Beach Hostel

Miami, USA

No kitchen. Please, even a hot plate where you could fry an egg. Too expensive to eat out all the time.

• 31st Mar 2014

Cruz del Sur Hostel

Ushuaia, Argentina

A few chairs and perhaps a couch to sit on and relax in after a long day. Quaint tree trunks are OK but hard to sit on for a long while. Otherwise all was just great, especially the staff: Alejandro, Ana and mostly Kren.

• 22nd Mar 2014

Cruz del Sur Hostel

Ushuaia, Argentina

Home away from home! At the end of the world, in a beautiful surroundings, is this hostel that offers good beds, free internet, big kitchen to prepare your meals, TV to catch up with the news, and the possibilities to book tours to hike or go see pinguins and seals.

• 28th Feb 2014

South Beach Hostel

Miami, USA

The kitchen has no stove to cook on and with the high prices of South Beach it would be an asset to be able to cook our own food instead of always spending money in restaurants or eateries that charge an arm and a leg for a salad (almost $ 8.00 for just a small bowl of salad and another $5.00 for a bit of tuna or chicken - really?).

Hostel Cat

Las Vegas, USA

Very friendly staff, great location, access to NETFLIX and all the movies and programs to keep you happy. Each evening with interesting clubs to go to and things to do organized by the staff. Las Vegas is Disneyworld for adults.

• 14th Dec 2013

HI-Edmonton

Edmonton, Canada

Why charge so much for access to a computer? Jasper, and many other HI have FREE INTERNET (COMPUTER) ACCESS. Space between bunk beds is very low. I am 5`1 and I had trouble getting under, imagine some tall person!! You should raise the height and make more space between beds. On a positive note, KATHLEEN (or KATHERINE), the lady that keeps the place clean is a gem. Non-stop cleaning, she keeps the place ship-shape.

• 28th Jul 2013

HI-Jasper

Jasper, Canada

The irony of their plea in the Ladies bathroom, for water conservation, while one of the toilets (far side near the window) is constantly running clean, clear water. I was there early May and brought it to the attention of the reception, they said they had told management about it. I was back in July for 3 days and nothing had been done. Again, the reception told me that management had been notified. What's wrong with "management" when so much water is wasted each second of each day?

• 25th Jul 2013

Wicked Hostels - Calgary

Calgary, Canada

Very accommodating staff. I had a problem, walking with a cane, and they managed to find me a bed that I could access. Much appreciated, thank you.

• 22nd Jul 2013
  • Globetrotter

Of course, what hostel wouldn't find you find a bottom bunk. I'd be firing staff if they didn't help you out. Thanks for the review! Hope you come again!! Cheers, Jeff

Arctic Adventure Hostel

Anchorage, USA

Very friendly hostess, Tiffany, and host/owner, Joe. They set me straight on seeing "bears" in the region of Anchorage. The place is clean, large, plenty of room to move around. Beds are comfy, and in double rooms there is a TV. There is plenty of information on what to see and do. They have loads of pamphlets and magazines on deciding where to go. I would recommend to fly into Anchorage and rent a car and just enjoy this magnificent place on earth.

• 13th Jun 2013

HI-Jasper

Jasper, Canada

Good atmosphere among backpackers, beautiful scenery, big kitchen, good beds.

• 30th May 2013

Auberge L'Apero

Montreal, Canada

Excellent location in downtown Montreal. Friendly staff. Occasional Rythm & Blues played by Paul and Adam. Good breakfast. Who could ask for more?

Merci so much !!! :D

Residencial Zarco

Funchal, Portugal

Very friendly staff. Great location. DO NOT TAKE A TAXI FROM THE AIRPORT, THEY´LL RIP YOU OFF!!! Take the Airport bus "Aeroporto", right in front of the exit door of the airport. The cost is 5 Euros and you can ask the stop for TAP office (the Official Portuguese airline). From there you can walk back, ignore the bunch of steps that will take you to the cathedral, continue to the next street where you will see some kind of stone arch in a small square and right there at the back is Zarco.

Thank you Rita. I don´t want to see you sad. Ok!! All the best and i hope to see you again. Filomena

Yes! Porto Hostel

Porto, Portugal

The best part of this hostel is the staff. They made my stay there very enjoyable and comfy. It is centrally located near city buses stops as well as touristic buses (Hop on Hop off) stops. Right downstairs there is a butcher shop; a supermarket is also nearby; you can either cook your own meals or take advantage of a 3 course home made dinner, 3 drinks included, for 10 Euros, every night. The food is usually typical Portuguese dishes. Yum!!! Bathrooms are spotless, with HOT water.

Cape Town Backpackers

Cape Town, South Africa

Very friendly atmosphere, at the foot of Table Top Mountain, great breakfast, comfy beds. I could not have asked for a better stay.

• 17th Jan 2013
  • Globetrotter

Hi, thanks. We're really glad you had a good time with us. Its really appreciated when someone takes time to say so! Thanks and hope to see you again soon, CTBP

Bush House & Camp

Nairobi, Kenya

They offer airport pick-up for a price. I sent 3 e-mails to make sure they would be there when I arrived. There was nobody. Someone had to call them so they would send a taxi. I had to wait 45 minutes for the taxi and the drive to the hostel was 2 1/2 hours, yes. It cost me 30 US dollars. Not reliable. Otherwise, the staff was very pleasant and the grounds are beautiful.

Freedom Traveller

Rome, Italy

I could not have asked for a better staff to help me. From Julia, to Carla, to Constantin, and others, they all made me feel at home and spoiled me rotten. I had a wonderful time at the Freedom Traveller amd would come back anytime if I could. I love them all.

• 22nd Nov 2012
  • Globetrotter

Well located, near train station with connection to CDG airport, bus around the corner to the Eiffel Tower, other buses nearby, restaurants, mini super market at the door, good atmosphere, great staff (particularly Nitin and Arnaud), what more do you need?

Reykjavik City Hostel

Reykjavik, Iceland

Big new hostel and no BATHROOM ON MAIN FLOOR. You have to travel down hallways, down staircases, down other hallway to find a toilet. Really? Think of people with little kids, or physically challenged persons. PLEASE BUILD AT LEAST ONE TOILET ON THE MAIN FLOOR BY THE ROOMS.

Dear Rita Thank you so much for your comments. It is indeed inconvenient for the rooms #16 and #17 to go downstairs to find the bathrooms. However it's only those two rooms. Don't worry, we would never put a family in those rooms. We have special family rooms (4-5-bed) with toilet and shower in the room! We never put kids in the 6-bed dormitories. By the way, we have 10 6-bed dormitories upstairs with bathrooms on the floor. I am sorry you had to be in a room you didn't like. Kind regards, Joachim, on behalf of City Hostel Reception

KEX Hostel

Reykjavik, Iceland

Great atmosphere. Great staff. Beautiful view of the ocean. Great breakfast. Great bar. Big rooms. Good beds. Reading lights at bed site. BUT needs bigger storage for backpacks in room. NEEDS AN ELEVATOR. For the rest I love you guys!

Qian Men Hostel

Beijing, China

Close to Tianamen Square, the Fobidden City and Qian Men subway station. Two stops from main train station. Free internet. Great breakfast (paying). For the rest, I was impressed by the Manager's kindness toward me. I highly recommend this place.

UB Guesthouse & Hostel

Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia

A busy place. Looks "different" from the outside, but once inside it is warm, relaxed, friendly, and full of yougsters from around the world. For an old lady like me I find it delightful and SAFE. Great place.

Stockholm Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

Very conveniently located near bus and subway. Good shopping and restaurants nearby. Hostel is VERY clean and Robyn, the Host, is friendly and efficient. I enjoyed my stay and will go back again if I have an opportunity.

• 26th Jul 2011

Hostel Cosmopolitan

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

So perhaps it's not located in the best part of town, but not so far. The place is safe, clean and I found the staff very friendly. In fact, I like it so much that I am staying there longer. I need to rest after many months of travelling, and I am broke. So this is the place where I can stay, rest, eat local delicious food, pet the resident cats, and not spend a fortune doing it.

• 15th Jan 2011

The Mitraa

Singapore, Singapore

Very friendly and helpful staff. Both guys at the reception (day shift and night one) were particularly kind to me. The place is clean, breakfast is adequate, location is good, staff is friendly, who could ask for anything more?

• 11th Jan 2011

Chada House

Chiang Mai, Thailand

The staff, particularly JoJo, are very accommodating. Whatever you need, he'll get it for you. He's got some great tours like volunteering at the Elephant Nature Park, where the elephants are wild and free.

• 18th Nov 2010
  • Globetrotter

I e-mailed them to ask for airport pick-up. They were waiting for me at the "meeting place" on the arrival level, with my name in big letters. Free ride with their shuttle service, eventhough it was pas midnight. Big, clean room, my own ensuite bathroom, fridge. Only the TV did not work. I am going back for two nights before returning home. I will have again free ride from and to airport (even at 2:00 a.m.). Can't beat that.

• 30th Oct 2010

Very accommodating staff.

Alices Secret Travellers Inn

Alice Springs, Australia

What makes it great is the hostess/owner, Suzanne, who really makes you welcome. I was a great experience for me and I would highly recommend Alice's Secret to anyone.

There is a problem between Hostelworld and Arnott's Lodge. The price indicated on Hostelworld website is not the price that Arnott's charges. PLEASE ADJUST.

Hostel 639

Hostal is old and does not look very clean. Kitchens (3 of them) are not adequate and some appliances do not work. HOWEVER staff members are great, pleasant, helpful and just nice. The free shuttle service to coach terminal and train station at Victoria is very helpful.

Birmingham Central Backpackers

Birmingham, England

Super friendly staff. FREE internet. Nice breakfast. And if you are a caring person for people or animals, this is the place for you.

Appartement Qualitas Hostel

Montreal, Canada

Very quiet and hospitable atmosphere. The owner/manager is very present and responds to any problem, question or need. Good stay.

La Casona de Don Jaime 1

Rosario, Argentina

Particularly fun place, young, energetic and very friendly - even to an older person like me. In one word EXCELLENT.

La Casona de Don Jaime 1

Rosario, Argentina

La señorita Orly era una joven muy linda y cariñosa, Walter, tambien, un joven muy sympatico. Todos alla me recibieron con mucha amistad.