Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 44

Lily's Hostel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

2nd time I've stayed here. Excellent value and location. Effort made create pleasant atmosphere. Airport pick up and drop off service. Must take shoes off at door. Breakfast included. All around good deal.

Villa Medamrei

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Excellent staff. They have clearly been trained in customer service and etiquette. Noticible effort has been made to decorate and create atmosphere. Good restaurant upstairs. Rooms are cleaned as soon as you leave to go see the temples. Great value. The room I had even had a small outdoor sitting area. Highly recommend.

A Dong Hotel

Hanoi, Vietnam

Second time I stayed there and just as good. Staff helped find a equitable room in another hotel for a friend of mine when they were full. Always willing to help and even would invite me for a drink. Really nice people. Clean and quiet. They do have rooms that overlook the street, and these are not quiet, but perfect for watching the action at night. Great value.

A Dong Hotel

Hanoi, Vietnam

Good value for location and helpful staff who are ubiquitous and always greet you with a smile. Good facilities, a/c, laundry service, cable tv in room, and wifi on each floor and reception in room. No complaints.

Lily's Hostel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Great staff, super clean, significant effort to make the atmosphere pleasant, good security with 24 hour concierge. Breakfast included. Good tours from here. Nice and quiet, not a party house for kids. 100%. Perfect place to stay to get your bearings upon arrival to Ho Chi Minh city.

Swanky Mint

Zagreb, Croatia

Reason for the poor grade on the staff is that I was insulted by one of them sitting in the kitchen. I was asked by her where I was from and when I told her, she said, "I'm sorry". Then she went on to insult my generation for lack of political and social contributions. So, within a few hours of checking in, my home and my generation were insulted. This was bad enough when I thought she was another guest, but then I learned she was a member of the staff. No problem with anything else. Shame.

Dear William, we are terribly sorry for the experience that you had with one of our's ex volunteers. If it means anything she apologies for the misunderstanding. According to her the things she said about your state, generation etc, were meant as a pun not as an insult. Hope we'll see you some time in the near future so we can smooth things out over some welcoming drinks at our bar ;) Safe travels! Lovro

Elite Guesthouse

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Great place. Owner/operator is on top of everything. Upon arrival, he gives a welcome briefing about what to do and see, where to eat, etc... He had heat already turned on in room and provided free laundry. In room, there was coffee, cable tv and spacious bathroom by local standards. Location is great, in the middle of shopping area and about a 300 meter walk to Old Town and Stari Most. Very clean. All around high marks for this hostel. Strongly recommended.

CroParadise Green Hostel

Split, Croatia

Swanky Mint

Zagreb, Croatia

The Backpackers Ritz of Johannesburg

Johannesburg, South Africa

Staff lacks understanding and acceptance of travelers issues like time zone changes and are generally unfriendly, at times, mocking. They behave like they are doing you a favor accepting your money. Place is run down and not well kept. No towels, soap, washing machines, tiny showers and toilets hard to maneuver in. Location is not bad, but still a 4-5 km walk to the Sandton train station. Local shopping mall nearby. Neighborhood seems safe as I was able to walk around at night with no issue

Perfect for staying on outskirts of Dublin. They are spare rooms in the dormitory of a small college. Included full Irish breakfast in cafeteria, 7-8 euro value. Huge computer lab where guests have access to internet. Costa coffee in the lobby. About one hour walk to downtown, 2.35 euro bus to O'Connell St. 24 hour concierge. Two large TV rooms and small kitchen areas with microwave but no oven. Very quiet, no kids making noise all night. Ideal for people who don't like the noise of hostels.

Bru Bar & Hostel

Cork, Ireland

This hostel is advertised as voted the 7th best hostel in the world by hostelworld.com. Not sure why this is. Postive things: (Security) Need keycard for several doors to rooms. Underbed storage baskets in rooms, but they do not lock. (Location) Short walk to downtown and to/from train station. (Price) Cheap dorms. Negative things: Small kitchen and TV room. TV doesn't work anyway.Staff did not know how to repair. Cold water in showers. Full bar on 1st floor but full of locals, not guests.