Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 46

Lijiang Hidden Garden

Lijiang, China

Great location - a few minutes from the old town but away from the noise and bustle. It is tricky to find at first too though - I paid to be picked up from the station and it was definitely worth it. The staff were wonderful - kind, helpful and knowledgeable - and the little yard was a good place to hang out or just sit in the sun. The weather in Lijiang is changeable and my room had no heating, so it could get a bit chilly at times.

It's well located, within easy walking distance of a pleasant park and Wenlin Street, with lots of restaurants and bars. The staff are friendly and helpful, and can provide good information on how to get around the city or out to the further-flung sights. There's just one shower and proper (i.e. western) toilet on each floor, which could sometimes lead to a wait, especially with water restrictions in place.

Hello: Thank you very much for your review and comments. We are sorry about the bathroom and water. Actuarlly we have 2 toilets on each floor (one Chinese style and one Western style). And its like private for the dorm ( We only have one dormitory on each floor ,all others are priveta). Enjoy your trip and hope to see you again. KUNMING UPLAND YHA

First Inn Takamatsu

Kagawa Pref Takamatsu, Japan

It`s a fun place to stay! A very distinct, 100% Japanese experience.

We are very sorry about this. Because of the negligence of the staff. Led to the situation. We will work in the future more attention

Miso Guesthouse and Hostel

Seoul, South Korea

Good stuff: excellent location, near the subway and lively student district, but on a sidestreet so away from the noise. Mia is friendly and fun :) and the small size makes for a cozy, friendly vibe. Hmmm stuff: the showers and toilets are in the same rooms, so if two people are having showers then no-one`s going to be using the toilets. But the small size of the hostel means this isn`t that big of a problem. Idea: grab a take-out from Brown`s on `Barbeque Street` and sit people-watching.

Thank you for your nice review ^^ Hope to see you again~ Mia

Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Good stuff: the location is great, right next to the subway and Chinatown. Windowless dorms are good for me, I don`t want to get woken up by the morning light! And free breakfast is nice. But: even on the 1st floor I did get kept awake by super-loud music and drunken shouting from the rooftop bar. It should be possible to keep the party vibe without making the whole building resonate. Tip: don`t pay for the bird park, just go to `The Hornbill` restaurant, and the birds will come to you.

Tokyo, Japan

A great place! Close to the subway and near the 100 yen store for cheap groceries, the best hostel showers I`ve ever had, and super friendly helpful staff, with lots of information about tours and events.

We are very happy to hear that you had good time in here! we are looking forward to seeing you again!

Pillows & Toast

Singapore, Singapore

Good stuff: excellent location, right in Chinatown and near the night market and subway; lovely, helpful staff; nice lounge and breakfast room for socialising Hmmmm: I'm not into having toilet and shower in the same little space, though on the first floor there are a few that are separate. Basically, a good time! If I come back to SIngapore I will likely look at staying here again :D

River City Inn

Singapore, Singapore

Good stuff: excellent location close to the subway, Chinatown, Clarke Quay, and only a few minutes on the subway from Little India. Nice free breakfast, simple but tasty. Hmmmm: squeaky beds, paper-thin blankets and non-stop aircon make for an uncomfortable night's sleep. Being more or less instructed to give 100% ratings by the staff when I checked out.

Big like for this place - fantastic location right in the old town near everything, really chilled vibe and staff, clean and spacious. Tip: if you need to exchange money, go to Nordea in the station, not one of the counters in the old town - you have to pay a bit of commission, but the actual rate is much, much better.

Tokyo, Japan

I really enjoyed my stay here. It's in a quiet neighbourhood, but close to a Y100 store for supplies, and close to the subway. Really good showers, cosy 4-bed dorms which are a bargain, and lovely staff too :D

Thank you for the lovely comment. We are so happy you had a comfortable time here!!! And we hope to see you soon again!! Thank you very much.

Tokyo, Japan

I really enjoyed this place. Well located near the subway and 100 yen grocery store, small dorms, excellent showers, and super lovely staff. Top banana.

Thank you so much for staying at our hostel!!! We are very very happy to hear that you enjoyed staying here. We are looking forward to seeing you again!! Thank you very much!!!!

Excellent location, right in the centre near the subway and Nanjing Lu, but set back from the street so still nice and peaceful.

Thanks for your comment!

Mostly I enjoyed being here, it's in a great spot, a quiet area near some cafes and stores but still close to shops and attractions. The courtyard looked nice, but there isn't a common room, so if the weather's bad there's no-where to hang out and meet people other than in your room.

Dear Peter Sidell,Thanks very much for your comments and hope we have a cooperation next itme.

Khaosan Tokyo Ninja

Tokyo, Japan

Good location, right by the station, though watch out! The sign for the exit inside the station isn`t too clear. Cabin beds are fun, like a capsule hotel, and the staff are great, there`s a real community feeling going on.

Kyoya Ryokan

Nagoya, Japan

Great place! To stay in an authentic ryokan with little garden and bath to soak in, at hostel prices... a steal.

The Ryokan is right in the middle of Nagoya, but retains all the features of a Ryokan youd want. It features a nice outdoor garden and a amazing Onsen. Bu the biggest plus about Kyoya is the staff, Hiro, who I assume is the owner, not only waited an hour and a half after closing time to allow me to check in, but also forwarded mail for me from Nagoya to Kyoto when it arrived late. They speak great English and are some of the nicest, most honest people you'll meet. I'd stay no where else, ever.

Little Town

Prague, Czech Republic

Good stuff\': the location is outstanding, absolutely superb. Very cool, friendly, helpful staff, good security (sadly necessary owing to the presence in Europe of hostel-hopping thieves). Not so good: in the dorms there\'s just one joint toilet/shower, so if you want to go to the toilet and someone\'s having a shower, you just have to wait. Tips: don\'t change money near the bridge, the rates are terrible.

Skanstulls Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

Good stuff: free internet, top staff, good location, close to bars, restaurants, transport and supermarkets. Less good: the common room is more for eating than hanging out, I didn't find it terribly sociable. Other people have complained in comments about the lack of natural light... go outside!

Phuket Backpacker

Phuket, Thailand

Nice place! It's right in the centre of town, the staff are great, and I met a good bunch of people there, not as lairy as the Patong party crowd but still fun. It's close to a good restaurant and a load of cheap, cheerful food stands, and to the buses across the island.

Yesinn @Fortress Hill

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Well... the first night I got moved round the corner to a noisy, uncomfortable room. Then, when I moved back to the main property, they decided to charge me 100% room rate because I'd changed from four nights to three, even though I'd paid the deposit, and mailed them well in advance, and they were full. So, it's an ok place, but they're a bunch of sharks.