Location: Ireland, Gender: Male, Age: 39

British Hotel

Valletta, Malta

Great location but very basic.

Hotel Astoria

La Spezia, Italy

I stayed here in order to visit Cinque Terre. It is fairly convenient to the train station and that is the only thing worthwhile about this place. The staff were unhelpful and incompetent! They were obviously totally unmotivated and disinterested. Breakfast consisted on coffee, yogurt and a few different types of very sweet cakes. Not remotely healthy and few options. The wireless was dreadful. I regret staying here and would not recommend it to anyone.

Archi Rossi Hostel

Florence, Italy

This is a good location to visit Florence. It is clean, safe and near to the train station. The receptionist was rude, even unpleasant (very un-Italian). The breakfast was a little disappointing.

The staff here are top class! Friendly, helpful and jolly. There was a great atmosphere and I had a pleasant stay. I would love to go back. The only negative is that the toilet was leaking (I suspect for some time) and the night porter was no help.

It was a very pleasant place to stay. I arrived last and most of the (very good) breakfast was almost gone and I had to ask for toast! So be sure to arrive in time! Christina was pleasant and I would be happy to stay there again.

Pension fuerDich

Zurich, Switzerland

This accommodation was average. The area between it and the city center is not very desirable but the hostel, which is over a cafe, was quiet and safe. The room was basic and not very clean. Zurich/Switzerland is expensive so the price was reasonable.

Shelter City

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The best feature of this hostel is its central location. The staff are friendly and the rooms are clean and it is good value for money considering its location.

Hotel Euroglobe

Copenhagen, Denmark

Firstly, to describe this place as a HOTEL is the equivalent of describing the Monsoon as a light shower of rain, ie a gross exaggeration! It is correct to say that it is cheap by Danish standards but with good reason. I have not read about the cracks in the wall, the pealing paint and the damp patches. Breakfast was literally a bread roll and two slices of cheap ham and cheese (or marmalade) and a choice of hot water for tea or coffee. To be frank it has to be seen to be believed.

1 Step from St Peter

Rome, Italy

Friedrich provided lots of useful practical advice on visiting Rome when I arrived and am very grateful to him and his parents for their hospitality on New Years Eve. They hosted a reception for everyone in the hostel.

Academica Summer Hostel

Helsinki, Finland

City Hostel Bratislava

Bratislava, Slovakia

The hostel was clear, confortable and I have returned there a number of times. The staff are not talkative but will answer questions as best they can. There are a number of pubs/shops/transport hubs in the area which is great and the hostel is quiet and secure.

City Hostel Bratislava

Bratislava, Slovakia

I was happy with the hostel but the manners of the receptionist lets down the hostel. The location is resonable for the city. I would return there again.