Luxembourg City Hostel

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

Everything fine; not exceptional. Wifi didn't work in the room and the door didn't lock unless you slammed it, which is a bit of an issue at night. On the other hand, staff were friendly and the free breakfast was a bonus. As a solo traveller, I appreciated being put with all women, even though I don't think there was the option to specify when booking. Not far to get into town, although a bit of a hike. A good option considering how expensive everything else is in Luxembourg.

Snuffel Backpacker Hostel

Bruges, Belgium

Fine for a night, but the music went on too late and started too early (music in the bar before 8 am really necessary?) Also the directions that tell you a road "leads to" the hostel really should tell you that you need to turn right and right again and then walk about 100m, because it is not at all clear where to go. also, since there were only three of us in the dorm room it would have been better to space us out instead of having to share a bunk bed.

Hostelle - Female Only Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I picked Hostelle because I didn't want to be in a noisy party hostel in the middle of town, and it didn't disappoint. Quiet but other travellers were friendly, nice decor, clean. The c. 15-20 minute metro trip into town was no problem. The directions could be slightly clearer - the last step is turning into a courtyard, I went too far the first time. Some of the staff could be slightly friendlier, but they were okay.

Safestay York

York, England

The rooms were too hot (in winter - they don't really need to start off hot when you're going to have up to 10 people sleeping in them) but it was clean and there were some nice facilities like the bar and free breakfast and wifi etc. Good location, easy walk to all parts of town and the house itself gorgeous. There were some people absolutely screaming and chanting and so on outside one night, but that can't be helped. Staff a little uninterested in guests at times. Shower slightly cold.

This is my third or fourth stay at Absolute Paris, I stay here when I'm in Paris because I think for the location, the price is great, and the rooms are always very nicely decorated, with the bathroom in the dorm room a real plus. The free breakfast is also a bonus. I've never had any problem leaving my bag, but a luggage room would be good. This time I was only here overnight while passing through on my way back home, so not too much interaction with staff or other guests, but it did the job :)

Maryan's Home

Odessa, Ukraine

Very good price on the single room for an excellent location. Staff were friendly despite only speaking basic English. However, cleanliness needs work and please put up a sign or at least directions on the website, you come in to a courtyard with no clue on where to go! FYI it's down some stairs across & slightly to the right of where you come in, then up the stairs to the first floor on the left. Oh, also always had a long wait to use the sole bathroom. A separate toilet at least would help.

TIU Chernivtsi Backpackers

Chernivtsi, Ukraine

I had a great time, one of the best hostels I've ever been to! We had a great (and cheap) daytrip out to Khotyn and Kamyanets-Podilsky, with a barbecue thrown in, a real highlight of my Ukraine trip. I'm only sorry I didn't stay longer to enjoy the relaxed and sociable atmosphere. A fun place, but I was able to get some much-needed beauty sleep as well. And the bathroom is amazing! To top it off, Marcus gave me a ride to the train station. Thanks for a great stay, I definitely recommend it!

Hotel Le Grillon

Strasbourg, France

Pleasantly surprised that my room wasn't hot (despite 30+ degree days this weekend) or noisy. Great location, very close to the train station and an easy walk to Petite France or the cathedral. I paid for a single room with a shared bathroom, and got an ensuite, which was nice (the shower was the tiniest in the world, but can't complain when it's essentially free, right?)

Locanda Ca' Le Vele

Venice, Italy

I thought the hostel (more like a hotel really) was excellent value for money, very cute, well-located and clean. The one problem was that, even with the air-conditioning on full, I woke up every night from being too hot, and this was in the beginning of November, I would hate to be there in August! Overall though, I thought it was a great place and I would recommend it.

Hotel Val de Loire

Tours, France

This was my second stay at the Val de Loire and I would recommend it to anyone coming to Tours. Charming, friendly staff, great location near the train station, and great value for money. Merci beaucoup!

The directions are rubbish! From the Gare du Nord: 1)it would be helpful if you said which exit to take. 2)you said turn left out of the exit which might be accurate from *an* exit, but is completely wrong from main entrance. 3)the directions say \'walk up to Rochechouart\' and then stop. When I got to Rue R. was completely confused as to where to go next, as you need to get to BLVD R. Please improve for the next confused traveller w no map & heavy pack. Otherwise, it was fine...

Hotel Val de Loire

Tours, France

Charming, home-style budget hotel 1 minute's walk from the train station. Appreciated the double bed and the washbasin in my room. I must say thank you especially for letting me check in and take a shower at midday, really appreciated after an overnight train trip and before a job interview! Would definitely recommend, great value for money.

Villa Aramis

Nice, France

Villa Aramis is a lovely, small hostel, ideal for a peaceful and relaxing stay in Nice. Nicolas is very welcoming, it has a great relaxed atmosphere and is very clean. Definitely not a 'party hostel', more somewhere to chill in a home-style atmosphere. Merci Nicolas pour un tres bon sejour chez vous! C'etait propre, calme et accueillant!

B&B Delfino Blue

Genoa, Italy

A lovely bed and breakfast, clean, welcoming, not far from the train, very reasonably priced, two thumbs up! Definitely not a party hostel, but if you're looking for somewhere to chill out, it's great. Can be a bit noisy with trains/traffic at night, but other than that, perfect!

Locanda Daniel

Florence, Italy

Good location for coming in by train, everything in Florence is pretty easy to reach if you don't mind walking, so fine for that. Not very lively but wasn't there much to be fair. Clean, free internet appreciated, secure, nice staff. Recommended!

Mundo Hostel

Krakow, Poland

The staff at Hostel Mundo were fantastic - very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable - thanks guys! We arrived off the overnight train at 7 am, having had very little sleep and they let us in our room right away for a few hours' rest, which was really appreciated. Then on the last day, they let us check out at 1 instead of 11 which was great for girls with hangovers! It was a bit quiet thanks to it being the middle of winter, but we still met some nice fellow guests and had fun. The free breakfast was great and I love that it's served 9 - 11 - who wants to get up early on holiday? Overall, a great experience and excellent value for money, I would recommend this hostel to anyone.

Great location, walking distance to the centre of Paris if you don't mind a half an hour walk, otherwise super close to the metro. I was impressed with the room (4 bed girl's dorm) - had facilities such as phone and ensuite bathroom that I don't really expect from a hostel. Overall, I would recommend this hostel.

Luton Hostel

Luton, England

Weird hostel - more like a couple of bunk beds stuck in someone's spare room. But the owners were friendly and for a place to crash near Luton airport it's not too bad. Just don't expect a raging party!