Reviews: TravelGanas

Location: USA, Age: 29

Lemon Spirit Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Very clean and safe. Lounge promoted an atmosphere that encouraged travelers to get to know each other. Enjoyed the free caipirinha!

Milhouse Hipo

Buenos Aires, Argentina

BEST hostel for socializing,party atmosphere!Age range: early-late 20’s.Events everyday.On Sun night,in common room/bar area,everyone was mingling,you can start talking to anyone! It’s almost like a bar that you’d go out in the city!Clean large private rooms with bathroom, beautiful wooden furniture/floors, drink with your neighbors on the balcony. Not many restaurants open nearby late at night. 20 min walk from San Telmo Feria.Security guard at entrance.Staff gave great advice/club tickets!

Hostel One Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

We took the tram to this hostel from the train station.Feels like an apartment.Our room was on the upper level and arrived early March so it was snowing,VERY cold.One of the nicest hostel rooms I've seen-Reminded me of a cabin- everything is wooden,upper level with several rooms and kitchen INSIDE the room, clean.Free internet, the host told us all the fun nightlife to go out- he accompanied us which was really cool. He got us drink specials.There were some people hanging out in the living room

HelloBCN Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Much younger crowd- 18 years old-21 years old?Fun lounge, living room area, free tea, bar, free internet.Party dorm atmosphere.Shared restrooms, colorful.Front desk was helpful in telling us where to go.They have sightseeing events planned each day and clubs/bar events at night where you can get a discount.They check your key wristbands.Automatic sliding doors and you have to ring to let you in.They can also hold your luggage in a common drawer/cabinet, but you feel uneasy leaving it there.

This was the MOST FUN hostel I've stayed at and I met amazing people where we immediately became friends & went out together.The staff was extremely helpful in telling us all the sights, nightlife, music, etc to do and see. Lockers in the room, small shared bathrooms, you might have to put a deposit down for lock.There's a common room where we met more people,played guitar, drank beers, and hung out til 6am.Met people from Georgia,Vegas,England,Spain,Germany,Czech Republic.

Arabic, Middle Eastern themed.I went in March 2010 and they just painted the walls so it smelled like paint,very colorful,they held our luggage for us when we checked out. Wooden, small rooms with bunk beds. Empty hostel. 10-15 minute walk from Plaza de Las Tendillas, el centro. Located in Jewish Quarter and close to La Mezquita (overall everything in Córdoba is not that bad of a walk 20-30 min radius to cover the whole city).

HI - New York City

New York, USA

We had free pizza on a wednesday in the common area. This hostel felt like we were at camp? There were rooms, outdoor area, outdoor tables? kitchen. No common area, I believe no lockers inside out room. There was a shared bathroom and I remember a dirty feel. I've stayed at nicer hostels that felt more homey, cleaner, safer, and like an apartment. However, it wasn't that bad and I make the best of it wherever I travel. It wasn't a hostel to party in, socialize, or get great info from the staff

Hostal Santillan

Madrid, Spain

I stayed at this hostel awhile ago, and since I don't remember much about it- that means that it was an average hostel- not a place to party, probably quiet, not that many tourist places around, except plaza de españa. Felt more like a budget hotel, not lively with tourists and not a lot of hostal activities going on. No negative comments to say besides that (as far as cleanliness, safety, etc).

San Martin Hostal

Madrid, Spain

I stayed at this hostel awhile ago, and since I don't remember much about it- that means that it was an average hostel- not a place to party, probably quiet, not that many tourist places around. Felt more like a budget hotel, not lively with tourists and not a lot of hostal activities going on. No negative comments to say besides that (as far as cleanliness, safety, etc).

Hotel Luxia

Paris, France

I finally got around to reviewing this..it\'s been years, but I remember it vividly. The location is right next to Sacre Ceur and Moulin Rouge. Dirty area, maybe not safe area?with not many bars or fun places to go out at night within walking distance.The staff did not provide helpful tourist advice of what is fun to visit nearby.quiet, empty, boring. good place to get a good night\'s rest. If you want to meet other people or party, this might not be for you. Spacious rooms.