Location: Belgium,

Managua Backpackers Inn

Managua, Nicaragua

I stayed here on 3 different occasions in the mixed dorm. Beds are comfortable and rooms are big enough to put your stuff. There are fans, but it is still pretty hot at night inside the rooms. Nice outside hang-out areas and a cosy living room. Computer access. Reliable shuttle service. Staff was mainly uninterested and not really motivated, apart from 1 guy that was very motivated in flirting with female guests... It's a good place to stay when you're in Managua!

• 2nd Feb 2014
  • Belgium

Hi, Thanks for providing us with your feedback. We appreciate the fact that you've chosen to come back and stay with us on a number of occasions. We'll try our best to keep the fans that are in the dorms in good working condition to keep the rooms as cool as possible. For better or for worse Managua is pretty hot, so we also offer a dorm with air conditioning, just in case that may work better for you next time.

A&O City Hackerbruecke

Munich, Germany

Big hostel, close to train station, city center and Oktoberfest. We were there during Oktoberfest, so very busy and some queues at check-in, but all was dealt with in a professional matter. Rooms ok, but bathroom was a bit filthy (water didn't evacuate and stayed in the shower) Luggage room was one big mess, but probably due to Oktoberfest. All in all, an ok stay!

• 3rd Oct 2012

Dioskouros

Athens, Greece

This was the 2nd time I stayed here and the main reason is the location, smack in the middle of Athens center! I'd say, this is very good value for money: seen the location and the price you pay, you can hardly expect to arrive in a 5-star hotel! Staff was friendly, rooms are clean, bathrooms could be a bit better, but were acceptable. Breakfast was ok. I'd probably stay here again.

• 8th Sep 2012

Holiday Il Girasole

Bergamo, Italy

I'll definitely stay here again if I visit Bergamo another time! Very close to train and bus station (less than 5 min walk), in the new part of town, that makes for a nice stroll towards the upper town. (15min walk to funiculare) Rooms are spacious with television and computer with free wifi access.Shared bathroom, very clean with modern rainshowers. Breakfast ok, italian style. Best thing about the place is Alphonso, very sweet and talkative owner, I really enjoyed his chat during breakfast!

• 31st May 2012

Notre Dame de l'Abbaye

Carcassonne, France

Excellent location, on the edge of the medieval city, and the bus stop to the airport. I stayed in a dorm with about 15 beds. Clean, but very hot in the rooms at night!! The place itself made me think of the "The Shining" hotel: long white corridors, flickering neon lights, a bit scary :-) . Breakfast is a 5 euro extra, but worth it: an all you can eat buffet with small croissants, bread, biscuits, cornflakes, orange juice, coffee. I'd stay there again on a next visit!

• 3rd Sep 2011

Be My Guest Hostel

Sofia, Bulgaria

Good central location. Cosy atmosphere, it feels more like you stay in somebody's appartment rather than in a hostel. We had a twin room with bathroom, all clean. It was just beside the reception area, very few guests were staying when I was over, so no noise at all, but this might be different if there are more people? Breakfast is a pre-wrapped croissant and coffee. Staff is friendly, there are maps of the city and information books about Bulgaria.

• 23rd May 2011

Rivoli Cinema Hostel

Porto, Portugal

Great place! A luxury version of the typical backpacker-hostel. Clean, spacious rooms with big lockers, a beautiful common room, great terrace with a small inside pool. Clean bathrooms. Free, nice breakfast and friendly staff. I booked again for my next stay!

• 16th Aug 2010

Hotel Filoxenia Athens

Athens, Greece

Situated 10 min north from Omonia square, be careful when walking there after sunset: 3rd September street has some dodgy characters hanging around (saw a man giving himself a shot of heroine in his leg!) not situated in the most prettiest area of Athens, but still quite central. Cheap single rooms (30 euro in August for a room with bathroom,airco and breakfast included) and that is the main asset. Rest is pretty average: airco worked half-half, no decent TV-reception, rooms are +/- clean, but could definit

• 8th Aug 2010

Jacobs Inn

Dublin, Ireland

This was the third time I stayed at this hostel and I am still extremely satisfied. Next to the bus-and trainstation, a 10 min walk from O'Connell Street, big and very clean en-suite rooms, good breakfast, friendly staff, ...Only negative thing is the noise coming from the Dart (train), but get some arplugs and you'll be fine! It is becoming my "home" whenever I'm in Dublin!

• 18th Jul 2010

SR Backpackers

Saranda, Albania

Best place I've ever stayed in! Great location, dorms have balconies with a sea view, everything is very clean and the owner is the most charming guy you've ever met! He does everything to make you feel comfortable and to help you in any way. Very highly recommended!!

Freddy's

Tirana, Albania

Very good location, 5 min walk from Skanderberg square, where the bus from the airport leaves you. Individual beds, no bunkbeds, clean bathrooms. It says breakfast included, but there was only coffee. Freddy wasn\'t there during my 3 night stay, so his dad took over. He only speaks Albanian, which doesn\'t make things easy, but he\'s a friendly man. There was another helpful man else who spoke half-Italian-half English. No common hang-out room to meet other travelers. Its main asset is its location

Hostal Florida

Seville, Spain

Good location, 5 min from Barrio Santa Cruz. The lady working at the reception wasn\'t very friendly. I met a guy afterwards who was ok. Rooms aren\'t very clean and mine had a terrible cigarette smell. It was ok to stay for a night or two, but I wouldn\'t recommend it.

El Refugio Hostel

Ronda, Spain

Small hostel in an even smaller, but beautiful, village (15 min drive from Ronda) Nice walking and scenic driving in the area. Had a great time there! The hostel is an excellent place for open-minded, fun- (and booze-)loving people who like to socialize with other travelers. And about the owner (Botz), well, I think words have to be invented to describe him :-)

Traveler's Inn Seville

Seville, Spain

I booked a single room during the Semana Santa. I\'m not sure they have this room available at all times, but anyway, I wouldn\'t recommend it. It\'s just a bed and four walls, the neighbour\'s bathroom is actually right next to it and you can hear everything, you can even switch off their light from your room! Anyway, you can\'t be too picky during Semana Santa if you want an affordable single room... Besides that, the hostel is at an excellent location and staff is very friendly and helpfull.

Las Musas Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Central location, nice staff, breakfast is for free, as well as the use of Internet. I stayed in a single room which was quite big. The rooms are more or less clean. It's cheap and I'd stay there again.

Castanea Old Town Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

Great hostel! Perfect location in the middle of Gamla Stan, very clean, nicely decorated rooms, clean bathrooms, cosy atmosphere! Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in!

Casa Caracol

Cadiz, Spain

Just be warned, this is a party hostel: loud music and lots of noise until early in the morning At the reception, they warn you: if you don't like it, get some earplugs. It was a very hippie-like place: rooms don't lock, everyone just helps themselves in some boxes for breakfast, terrace where you can smoke (also illegal things) I wouldn't stay there again, cause I didn't like the atmosphere, but that was just me, some people probably love the place.

A decent hostel, next to Plaza de Merced, so very central. Rooms are clean, great modern showers! Breakfast included and ok. Only problem: no airco, which makes it very difficult to sleep during summer, there's a fan, but that doesn't help a lot. All in all, would probably stay there again. Good value for money

Hostel Possonium

Bratislava, Slovakia

Nice place, not far from the centre and train station. Nice place to meet people. Doors of the rooms don't lock, which is quite strange, but there's somebody at the reception 24h/day.

Hostal Larios

Malaga, Spain

You can't be any more central than this. The rooms are clean, of decent size, there's television and airco. From our room we had a great view of Calle Larios. Hotel located on the 3rd floor, there's an elevator.

Dioskouros

Athens, Greece

Basic rooms indeed, but for the superb location and the low price, you can't ask for anything more! Breakfast was ok. Weird smell when entering the reception area, but not in the room. If you want a cheap, basic room, in the heart of Athens, then this is a good option.

Pension Levante

Valencia, Spain

Great place to stay with lots of character!! I loved the kitsch decoration in the corridors, the interior of some bathrooms, ...One of the most important points is also its location: smack in the middle of the old city, a 5-10 min walk from the great El Carmen nightlife-scene. Next to it is a pub-club, so don't stay here if you want a quiet night on Friday or Saturday, cause it's pretty noisy. I'd definitely stay here again. One minus point: poor breakfast! You get 3 biscuits, some sort of small cake and some roll. Not good, but that's the only inconvenience I can think of