Hotel Ramsingh Palace, Jaipur, India
7.7
24th Jan 2015

Considering how bad hotels in India can be, this place is great value for money. I stayed in a standard double room, it was pretty simple but it had cable tv and hot water (turn the unit on!) and it was clean. I was on the first floor and you would want to wear earplugs to bed because marble corridors echo. The staff were great and very helpful too!

Tel Aviv Beachfront Hostel, Tel Aviv, Israel
5th Nov 2014

This hostel is excellent value for TLV. It's not much of a party hostel, but at the end of my trip, that suited me fine. The staff are fantastic, I was in a room with a spectacular snorer. At about 3am I went downstairs to ask to change rooms and the staff were very considerate and accommodating. The shared bathrroms are a little cramped (especially if youre in the mixed dorm and need to change!). Breakfast is huge and delicious, location can't be beat.

Jumba Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
17th Oct 2014

I had a wonderful time at Jumba hostel. The staff are so welcoming - even though I arrived before check in I was offered breakfast and when my wallet was stolen at a bar, the let me use the phone to cancel my bank cards. One word of warning, if you are staying in the dorm, it is in the basement and can get cramped when full, it's not a hostel for partying either, but that suited me fine. It has a great chilled atmosphere, and I met some really cool people in the dorm and over breakfast.

Rapunzel, Istanbul, Turkey
14th Oct 2014

My stay was tainted by a couple of negative experiences. I was asked to change rooms at some point during my stay, which I agreed to, but was told to move one morning as I was leaving and had somewhere to be. Without any time to pack I forgot about my toiletries in the bathroom, which were completely thrown out. I was pretty annoyed and found the guy on duty to be rather unsympathetic, considering I didn't have to agree to move. Also a girl in my room found bed bugs in her bed.

Pariwana Hostel Cusco, Cusco, Peru
11th Jan 2014

Great atmosphere, excellent facilities (every feature you want in a hostel, lockers, breakfast, power chargers, wifi, internet) easy to meet people and good mix between party hostel and chill out hostel. The courtyard is beautiful perfect for enjoying the sunshine/reading a book. There´s usually something going on at the bar every night. Usual amount of hostel noise, but that´s expected. No complaints from me, thanks Pariwana!

Lord Wolseley, Sydney, Australia
9.0
15th Apr 2011

Great place, came just for a weekend away and were looking for somewhere nice, safe, and pleasant. Not ideal if your looking to meet people but perfect for what we wanted. The location was fantastic, in a really peaceful suburban area, but only a 10 min walk to Darling Harbour and Haymarket. We were worried the noise from the pub downstairs would keep us up, but it never went on past 12 and the Quarry St cafe nearby makes amazing breakfasts! Thanks guys, had a great time in Sydney!

Long Street Backpackers, Cape Town, South Africa
22nd Jan 2011

Had the best time at Long Street Backpackers. The staff were genuinely nice (I always seem to meet very irritable hostel staff), the place had great character the residents were all extremely nice and friendly, and there were activities to allow you to meet other travellers. Lots of long term residents while I was there, but they were really fun and friendly. Loved it, highly recommend it, will be back for sure!

Thank you for the great review Melissa, we are so glad that you had a good time with us! Hope to see you again soon! Regards Long Street Backpackers

Milimani Backpackers, Nairobi, Kenya
19th Nov 2010

I was originally planning on staying in the city centre, but I am so glad I chose to stay at Milimani instead. Only a twenty-ish minute walk to the city and it was a VERY welcome escape from the bustling city. This was my first time in Africa and Milimani was the perfect place to spend my first few days, its relaxed, has a great atmosphere, staff are really nice, there's a comfy tv room and bar/restaurant where you can chat to other travellers. I didn't want to leave!

Hotel Central Station, Milan, Italy
8.7
29th Jul 2008

I only spent one night here because my train arrived really late at night, I was on my own, and I was flying home the next day, but I was really happy with the place. It was easy to find, and very conveniently located right near Milano Centrale. It was clean, bathrooms were nice too. Near the metro too so easy to get around.

Hotel Alnea, Cannes, France
9.3
25th Jul 2008

Nice place, our booking was changed to another hotel which was in a different location but the new place was also very nice.

Hotel Acropoli, Rome, Italy
8.7
22nd Jul 2008

We stayed in a 3 bed hotel room and were really happy with this place. The location is really great, right near Termini station which was very convenient. Although the area itself is a bit sketchy (then again areas around stations usually are). The place was clean, breakfast was ok and the price was very reasonable (particularly for Rome) Would stay there again.

Students & Travellers Inn, Athens, Greece
8.0
19th Jul 2008

We stayed in a 4 bed dorm, but there were only 3 beds which was ok cos there was only 2 of us and the other bed was only occupied one night anyway. Clean, no lift, breakfast is ok priced but you have to wait a while for it, so maybe go elsewhere if in a rush. Location is great, in the nice area of Athens, walking distance to the Acropolis. Nearest station is about a 10 minute walk away. Free internet was great too.

Kymata Pension, Mykonos, Greece
9.3
17th Jul 2008

We stayed in a double bed room, it was really nice and clean. Location was excellent also, in one of those beautiful white alleys about a minute from the main street in one direction and the windmills in the other. We were also really lucky to be picked up at the ferry terminal although we had given the wrong arrival time, make sure to put down the correct arrival time or get in contact with owner!

A Plus Hostel, Prague, Czech Republic
8.0
29th Jun 2008

Really good location, right across from a metro station and right near a tram stop. Easy walking distance to sights too. Comfy beds and a nice amount of room in the dorms. Breakfast was good too, no just the usual bread and jam.

YHA London Central, London, England
15th Jun 2008

Really nice place, very modern and new. Rooms were really nice and new. Our ensuite shower was leaking water into the room, but they came up and fixed it for us. Great kitchen facilities and really nice lounge area.Our room got incredibly hot though, even with the window open.

Alberg Gaudi, Barcelona, Spain
7.3
24th May 2008

Was pretty good for a one night stay. Found the bathrooms a bit unclean and wasnt game enough to check back later if they had been cleaned. Overall a decent place.

Bunk Brisbane, Brisbane, Australia
3rd Dec 2006

Great place, worthy of its rating!