Rapunzel

Istanbul, Turkey

My stay was tainted by a couple of negative experiences. I was asked to change rooms at some point during my stay, which I agreed to, but was told to move one morning as I was leaving and had somewhere to be. Without any time to pack I forgot about my toiletries in the bathroom, which were completely thrown out. I was pretty annoyed and found the guy on duty to be rather unsympathetic, considering I didn't have to agree to move. Also a girl in my room found bed bugs in her bed.

Pariwana Hostel Cusco

Cusco, Peru

Great atmosphere, excellent facilities (every feature you want in a hostel, lockers, breakfast, power chargers, wifi, internet) easy to meet people and good mix between party hostel and chill out hostel. The courtyard is beautiful perfect for enjoying the sunshine/reading a book. There´s usually something going on at the bar every night. Usual amount of hostel noise, but that´s expected. No complaints from me, thanks Pariwana!

Lord Wolseley

Sydney, Australia

Great place, came just for a weekend away and were looking for somewhere nice, safe, and pleasant. Not ideal if your looking to meet people but perfect for what we wanted. The location was fantastic, in a really peaceful suburban area, but only a 10 min walk to Darling Harbour and Haymarket. We were worried the noise from the pub downstairs would keep us up, but it never went on past 12 and the Quarry St cafe nearby makes amazing breakfasts! Thanks guys, had a great time in Sydney!

Long Street Backpackers

Cape Town, South Africa

Had the best time at Long Street Backpackers. The staff were genuinely nice (I always seem to meet very irritable hostel staff), the place had great character the residents were all extremely nice and friendly, and there were activities to allow you to meet other travellers. Lots of long term residents while I was there, but they were really fun and friendly. Loved it, highly recommend it, will be back for sure!

Thank you for the great review Melissa, we are so glad that you had a good time with us! Hope to see you again soon! Regards Long Street Backpackers

Milimani Backpackers

Nairobi, Kenya

I was originally planning on staying in the city centre, but I am so glad I chose to stay at Milimani instead. Only a twenty-ish minute walk to the city and it was a VERY welcome escape from the bustling city. This was my first time in Africa and Milimani was the perfect place to spend my first few days, its relaxed, has a great atmosphere, staff are really nice, there's a comfy tv room and bar/restaurant where you can chat to other travellers. I didn't want to leave!

Hotel Central Station

Milan, Italy

I only spent one night here because my train arrived really late at night, I was on my own, and I was flying home the next day, but I was really happy with the place. It was easy to find, and very conveniently located right near Milano Centrale. It was clean, bathrooms were nice too. Near the metro too so easy to get around.

Hotel Alnea

Cannes, France

Nice place, our booking was changed to another hotel which was in a different location but the new place was also very nice.

Hotel Acropoli

Rome, Italy

We stayed in a 3 bed hotel room and were really happy with this place. The location is really great, right near Termini station which was very convenient. Although the area itself is a bit sketchy (then again areas around stations usually are). The place was clean, breakfast was ok and the price was very reasonable (particularly for Rome) Would stay there again.

Students & Travellers Inn

Athens, Greece

We stayed in a 4 bed dorm, but there were only 3 beds which was ok cos there was only 2 of us and the other bed was only occupied one night anyway. Clean, no lift, breakfast is ok priced but you have to wait a while for it, so maybe go elsewhere if in a rush. Location is great, in the nice area of Athens, walking distance to the Acropolis. Nearest station is about a 10 minute walk away. Free internet was great too.

Kymata Pension

Mykonos, Greece

We stayed in a double bed room, it was really nice and clean. Location was excellent also, in one of those beautiful white alleys about a minute from the main street in one direction and the windmills in the other. We were also really lucky to be picked up at the ferry terminal although we had given the wrong arrival time, make sure to put down the correct arrival time or get in contact with owner!

A Plus Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

Really good location, right across from a metro station and right near a tram stop. Easy walking distance to sights too. Comfy beds and a nice amount of room in the dorms. Breakfast was good too, no just the usual bread and jam.

YHA London Central

Really nice place, very modern and new. Rooms were really nice and new. Our ensuite shower was leaking water into the room, but they came up and fixed it for us. Great kitchen facilities and really nice lounge area.Our room got incredibly hot though, even with the window open.

Alberg Gaudi

Barcelona, Spain

Was pretty good for a one night stay. Found the bathrooms a bit unclean and wasnt game enough to check back later if they had been cleaned. Overall a decent place.

Bunk Backpackers

Brisbane, Australia

Great place, worthy of its rating!