Princess Salme Inn

Zanzibar, Tanzania

Super friendly staff give this place a very relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. Breakfast was a delicious mix of western and African to chose from. My only comment would be that they could be better sign posted from the road

• 28th Jun 2013

Caledonian Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

My only criticism (because I have the impression you want to make the hostel as pleasant a place as possible) is that the automatic door hinges slam extremely loud. We weren't able to sleep past 8.30 because of the doors slamming. And I had no hot water in the shower on the last day Other than that you were great and I'll gladly recommend you to anyone visiting Edinburgh.

• 19th Aug 2011

Istanbul Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Very friendly staff but I would have appreciated a little more information on alternative (and cheaper) things to do. Probably clean by 'Istanbul standards'. Internet was so slow i think my postcards arrived before my emails did! Can't comment on the breakfast as it was only available between 8.30 and 10.30 (~3 hours before i woke up)

Sant Jordi Arago Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

awesome hostel, awesome staff, awesome city. Can't wait to get back there

Adelaide Hostel and Hotel

San Francisco, USA

One of the best hostels i've ever stayed at. Excellently maintained, clean, very central location, friendly helpful staff. Free breakfast is all you can eat raisin toast, muffins, bagels etc with conserves.

Het Colettientje

Bruges, Belgium

A dutch girl and an australian guy on a romantic wkend away. this place was perfect and the house keeper really made the stay special, thanks for everything maria. Zeer aardige gastvrouw, mooie kamer, er was zelfs eigengemaakte confiture en Italiaanse koffie!