Reviews: kfarstrider

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 30

If you're on holiday and wanting to try something new, this place isn't bad. But if you're trying to rest up before an interview, like I was, capsule hotels are probably not for you.

My friend and I booked a "twin" room for two people and, when we arrived, discovered it was the same size as a private single for one person (3 tatami mats). As for the facilities, there was only one shower per floor, the kitchen doubled as the washroom, and the doorknob to our room came off in my hand. The staff were friendly enough. However, the only time we ever saw them was when we checked in. All in all, definitely not worth 2250円 per night.

Hotel Wing is pretty much what you would expect of a business hotel. Friendly staff, clean and comfortable.

Tokyo, Japan

This was my 6th or 7th stay at Khaosan Tokyo Ninja and it was awesome, as always. I usually visit Tokyo at least a couple times each year, and Khaosan Tokyo Ninja will continue to be my first choice of accommodation whenever I'm in town. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and the facilities are clean, comfortable and welcoming. Khaosan Tokyo is what a hostel experience should be and I look forward to my next visit.

Shin-Osaka Youth Hostel is located in what seems to be an old hospital just 5 minutes walk from Shin-Osaka station (the main Shinkansen hub for the area). The building and location give it a good character; however, the facilities are somewhat lacking, with only one shower per gender. The convenient location, cleanliness and character easily make up for that, though.

The description of this property says it is a "brand new" apartment. This is a blatant lie. The building is at least 10 years old, and probably much older than that. The gardens are unkempt and overgrown, with bins lining the front walk. The flat itself is generally filthy, especially the bathroom, where there is mold everywhere. The people running this place are unwilling to take responsibility and charged the balance due to my card, without authorization, only a few days after booking.

Tokyo, Japan

This was my third stay at Khaosan Tokyo Ninja, and I'm sure I'll be back again.

Tokyo, Japan

This was my second time staying at the Khaosan Tokyo Ninja hostel, and it was just as good the second time around. The staff are awesome, the premises are clean and secure, it has great character, and is close to just about everything. I'll definitely be staying here again next time I'm in Tokyo.

Tokyo, Japan

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Next time I'm in the Tokyo area, I will definitely be staying with them again.

Osaka Downtown Hostel

Osaka, Japan

Oliver runs a great hostel. Next time I'm in Osaka, I'll definitely be staying at Osaka Downtown Hostel again.