Location: Brazil, Age: 39

Media Veronica Hostel

Pipa, Brazil

Adrian, the manager is fantastic as all reviews say. He is very kind, helpful and a very good person. I have to say however that 96% is a bit overrated in my opinion. I think the owners should invest a few reais in replacing the kitchen water filter (absolutely not working - its only dripping), and I did not see any daily cleaning service as stated. Trash can in the toilet was never emptied in 4 days. Breakfast deal at "fabrica de farinha" start at 10 Reais, not 6 Reais at advertised.

• 28th Aug 2013

Oztel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Best designed hostel I have ever seen in Rio. Everything is fine now (hostel still has few guests). The kitchen is very small and it will be impossible to cook there when the hostel is at full capacity.

Stand Fast Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

this is not a hostel to stay more than a few days. Premises are ok. Washing your clothes strictly not allowed. Internet is slow, unreliable. Toilets are dirty, cleaned only once a day. Edi, the manager is the only great thing about this hostel.

• 18th Mar 2012

Rio Nature Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The filter that cleans the tap water is not working properly! Health hazard!!. Here, the owner in order not to spentdone cent, lets staff collect the water that (literally) drops from the filter into old mineral water bottles that are stored in the frigde. They do not issue a valid receipt "nota fiscal" O filtro de agua nao funciona!!!!!! A agua pinga lentamente e é recolhida pelos simpaticos funcionarios que depois a colocam no frigorifico. Nao passa nota fiscal carioca.

• 17th Mar 2012

Ace Backpackers Youth Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The smallest 6 bed dorm I have ever seen with a micro window to a inner patio. The hostel is generally not clean. The showers are dirty and at the night I was there they did not work at all for a long time (the pump was off). The horrible quality of the room (cramping 6 beds in 9 m2 at the most) is enough to give this hostel the lowest possible classification.

• 1st Mar 2012
  • Portugal

You made a booking for a room with shared facilities and stayed only 1 night in fact a few hours with us in a 6 beds ensuite room as an courtesy upgrade. What are you used to? We have 3 maids for our hostel and 1 maintanance guy that you should just ask if necessary. We clean rooms once a day as in hotels. What can we do if other guests put the showers dirty. If you are very straight with this you should look for a private room where you can keep the dirty controlled. Also the room you stayed had only 4 people that day. Space is a issue of Rio, our rooms are not that big but are bigger than many other hostels.

Tupiniquim Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The world´s slowest Wireless connection. A internet sem fios mais lenta do mundo.

• 23rd Feb 2012
  • Portugal

Dear Francisco, Any IT consultant would tell you that wireless (wifi) access depends on the types of devices that access the net at that particular time, there are people that use older technology (b type wifi) that brings down the whole speed. But, by the way, the average speed is 15 Mbps, which is very good on any accounts ... And also we have two networks, one low speed and the other hi speed (n technology).

Casa 579

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The english lady owner will not let you wash your clothes in the sink using your own soap and hands!! Water is too expensive she told me!! Unbelievable!! (she does not shy away from charging 45 real/night for a squeaking bunk bed in a 9 bed dorm that threatened to fall apart any minute. Staff is exceedingly friendly with the exception of the amorphous colombian young manager. It is too far away, on top of a hill surrounded by favelas. Não deixam usar o tanque para lavar roupa!! MUITO LONGE!

• 3rd Feb 2012
  • Portugal

We try our best to offer a good service to people who stay with us and we are sorry that this guest feels that we did not achieve this in this instance. We were simply trying to explain our rationale for why we had politely asked the guest not to do hand-washing - we understand that the guest does not agree with our policy and can only apologise for any inconvenience this caused. Our location is served by many transport options and the nearby favela is a peaceful community with whom we have a good relationship due to the volunteering work we do there .

Casa6ipanema

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

No credit cards taken. No soap in the toilets to wash your hands. Very good location, half run down place, very friendly staff, specially Augusto.

• 26th Jan 2012

CabanaCopa Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The 4 beds bedroom is horrible, cramped, its like a can of sardines. Stay in the 10 bedroom if you can ( better not stay here at all). The general quality of the hostel is very poor, breakfast is bad ( but it is bad everywhere I have been) Bear in mind that most hostels in Rio are bad and expensive. Employees are nice and friendly. Nao fique no quarto de 4 camas. É péssimo, um autentico pardieiro. Nao ha espaco para que uma pessoa se mexa. O quarto tem 9 ou 10 m2. As instalacoes sao mas.

• 22nd Jan 2012
  • Portugal

Hello & thanks for staying with us. We are glad you liked our staff, facilities and 10 beds dorm, but sorry you have that feeling about hostels in Rio in general. Rio is an expensive city, not only hostels, even compared to Europe, so some rooms aren't too big specially if you don't put your bags in the locker. Kind regards, CabanaCopa staff

Leblon Spot Design

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

O ponto negro sao os banheiros. Sao banheiros estilo barracao, nao tem paredes, sao separados por separadores de plastico e para usar o vaso sanitario precisa ser contorcionista. The only really bad thing is are the toillets and showers. The toillets are camped in one single room with no window, there are no real walls, but plastic separators. You can hadly use the loo. The place is minimal.

Young & Happy

Paris, France

I have graded all points with very poor because I think that the overall rating of this hostel is far too high and it does not deserve the high rating it has. The staff is great. Alexandre e Joaquim were excellent all the time. The location is very good too but thats about it. The durtiest pigsty I have ever seen in hostels. No soap to wash hands, no paper towells or driers. Going up and down to use the filthy showers with only one sink! Stay away.

it is a good neighbourhood ven if the 18eme has a reputation for being a "bad" part of Paris. I found it nice and inexpensive. The hostel could be cleaner, but comparing it with the hostel young and happy (durty sh*t hole) in rue mouffeta it is spotless. Breakfast is eat all u can, and it is ok, but not fantastic at all, there could be a bit of ham for example. Croissants are good and so are the portuguese rolls. I liked it anyway, specially the staff who are very friendly and very helpful (thank you Sebast

City Public Hostel

Copenhagen, Denmark

nice hostel. no security in the luggage room. (has no lock) !!!

• 4th Jun 2010

City Public Hostel

Copenhagen, Denmark

Its a good location, the staff is excellent, there is no security: bagage room is not locked and neither are the rooms.

Sleep in Heaven

• 16th Apr 2010
  • Portugal

This is one of the best hostels you can stay at. It has an excellent quality, the rooms almost look like hotel rooms and everything is great. Also VERY VERY friendly staff.

HI - Faro Youth Hostel

Faro, Portugal

• 19th Aug 2009

Ace Hotel (Kensington)

THE MATTRESSES ARE TOO NARROW and MINE WAS TOO USED THE SPRINGS OLD AND IT WAS NOT FLAT. I slept horribly. It is basically the worst part: the beds. I have been in many hostels and these were the worst mattresses I slept in and you can see that there is a lot of space in the bunk bed frame to put a broader one. It is clean, location is ok in a nice west kensington neighborhood (shopping is best at the big shopping mall \\\"Westfield\\\" not far away by bus).

Edinburgh Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

refurbish the hostel. It is a bit worn out. Its a great building but the inside is getting too old, no maintenance and you need new carpeting quickly.

since you have stayed the carpets in all the corridors have been replaced.

All In Hostel/Hotel

Berlin, Germany

The windows could open a bit more. They are blocked and only a small space can be open, which does not allow for a lot of fresh air into the room.

This is not a hostel. it has no beds, but mattresses on the floor. it has one functioning toilet, it is the dirtiest pigsty imaginable. The guy who is in change, steve, wears a shirt that reads on the back "I hate you". so much for the coziness. The neighborhood is "Alt Moabit" NOT "Berlin Mitte". It is one of the most boring neighboorhoods of Berlin. Take this thing out of your list of real hostels please.

Thank you very much for taking time to post your comments. From all accounts they are entirely justified. This is why the entire staff of this hostel have been dismissed by the owner (Fabian) who has engaged me, Paula, as manageress. I am a graduate professional and an experienced traveller with long experience in homemaking and hospitality. I can assure all potential visitors to Berlin that this hostel now aspires to absolutely the highest standards of cleanliness, homeliness and customer care.

Run away from this hostel. Its a pigstay

St Christopher's Village

the guy who checked me (Victor) is despicable and should be fired right away. He was unfriendly, unwelcoming and refused to tell me his name when I asked him. I will probably never ever stay at this property again because of him (mr. Victor). The manager, Mr. Garth, with whom I talked on the phone, told me that this person was not working both next nights so I would not see him again. I stayed and did not check out as was my intention. Mr Garth lied to me in as much as victor was indeed working all nights that I stayed there. Mr garth did not one single time appologise to me on the phone too. I should have asked my credti card for a charge back and left the hostel. This general manager mr garth should be fired too. He does not does his job, i.e.: taking care after the customer. The only really nice person I met was Marta who was very friendly and very understandig and helpful.

Equity Point Gothic

Barcelona, Spain

Durty but nice. Very old, cheesy. Excellent location. Very good for a few days.