Khaosan Tokyo Kabuki, Tokyo, Japan
18th Jul 2017

Nice hostel. Only wish I were closer to west Tokyo. But great staff and a nice common room. Would stay here again.

Hostel Rakutsuki, Osaka, Japan
16th Jul 2017

I only knock this slightly because I don't remember seeing a washer and dryer and they didn't provide lockers by the beds. But that's pretty picky. I'd stay here again no problem. Very friendly staff and location can't be beat.

7.4
15th Jul 2017

There is nothing wrong with this hostel, other than its price. You can simply stay at a better hostel for ¥1000 cheaper. I would not stay here again for that reason. Hostels in Osaka and Kyoto are better value and an easy day trip from Nara.

Thank you so much for staying with us at our Hostel & Restaurant. Also, thank you for your wonderful review. We think there is a complete misunderstanding. Yes, there are hostels which are just cheaper than us. However, our place is “the only Hostel in Japan which is also a designated cultural property” and it is even at “the Birth Spot of Japan”. It is too bad you could not understand our concept, and we hope you can choose a hostel that suits your purpose of travel. And we hope you will become interested in knowing about Japan. We will consider your suggestions for future reference and to improve ourselves. We are happy to have you at our Hostel if you come visit Nara again. Thank you very much. Best regards,

Kyoto Morris Hostel, Kyoto, Japan
14th Jul 2017

Gion Ryokan Q-beh, Kyoto, Japan
12th Jul 2017

Great hostel. I continue to be impressed. I plan to return to Kyoto for a festival in two days and have already rebooked.

Daikoku Hostel, Osaka, Japan
12th Jul 2017

Great hostel. Easy walk to Dotonburo street. Very clean. Owner is extremely nice. He told me exactly where to get a SIM card based on my itinenary. I also booked the wrong date in accident and he let me change it without any problem at all. Overall a great hostel and I would stay here again if I am back in Osaka. I put atmosphere at 4 only because there were no other travelers there (which meant the dorm room was essentially a private room). 5 stars.

Yesinn @CAUSEWAY BAY, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
9th Jul 2017

Stayed here after transferring from Apple Inn TSK on Kowloon. Could not have been happier. Great atmosphere and location. Lots of fellow backpackers. Great food surrounding the area. I will be back in HK in a month and will stay here again. Highly recommended.

Apple Inn Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
5.7
5th Jul 2017

Bathrooms are tiny. Showers are tiny. No common room. Rooms are tiny. No lockers provided, at least not large enough to fit your back pack. Most of the best parts of HK are near central and this is a ride away. I wouldn't stay here again, better options for the money near central and causeway bay.

• USA, Male, 25-30
West Two London, London, England
22nd Aug 2013

stayed more than once. great for very low budget travellers. I found claims of extreme uncleaniless to be untrue in the dorm rooms. communal areas could be fresher, but did not seem to me to be offensively unclean. they advertise the dorms as completely renovated, and i found the bed and sleeping areas 100% clean. Though the beds were not as comfortable as other hostels. Very friednly staff and friendly vibe among travelers.

• USA, Male, 25-30
Phoenix Hostel, London, England
21st Aug 2013

stayed multiple times, recommended for budget backpackers