Ciak Hostel

Rome, Italy

Big Bed Hostel

Riga, Latvia

It's a new hostel so the corridors are still pretty empty... browsing while sitting on the floor. The beds are good, the rooms pretty spacious. A convenient place for the time being. Let's see how it turns out.

Do Re Mi Vilnius Hostel

Vilnius, Lithuania

Strategically located between the old town and the business district, in a side street between 2 parks. Large, fully equipped kitchen, the best place to socialize. Large rooms and good beds. Only, the lockers are somewhat noisy. Very clean. I recommend this place.

Hotel & Hostel Odessa

Odessa, Ukraine

I liked the location, the staff, the beds, the tranquillity (in a backyard, not on the street). The atmosphere was rather that of a Ukrainian student dorm, halfway between what you'd expect from a hotel and a hostel. The (males') bathroom was ok: low on privacy but high on throughput (3 showers, 3 toilets, 3 sinks in just one medium-size room). I'd go back anytime.

My Bed BCN

Barcelona, Spain

Very close to Plaça Espanya and the parc of Montjuïc-Sants, in a side street with several convenience stores and a supermarket. The hostel has several apartments in a building. There were 3 rooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 kitchen and one recreation room in the apartment I stayed in. The staff were very helpful in solving a glitch in their reservation system when I arrived. It was also one of the cheapest hostels in Barcelona when I visited. I highly recommend My Bed BCN.

Kiev Central Station

Kiev, Ukraine

I like this place! The location is excellent if you're looking for something slightly away from the innermost center (but within walking distance), in a greener, more residential neighborhood. There are supermarkets and transports 5-10 minutes away. The hostel itself is spacious. The staff is helpful. It's within walking distance (a longer walk) of the central train station if you arrive or leave early (where the shuttle to/from Borispol airport also stops). I recommend this hostel.

The Red Cat

Donetsk, Ukraine

Excellent séjour. J'ai apprécié la sécurité et la localisation, à distance de marche du centre mais dans une rue résidentielle et avec un supermarché juste a côté. L'auberge est tenue par des Ukrainiens très aimables et serviables, d'une génération un peu plus âgée que la moyenne pour les auberges de jeunesse. Ce n'est pas un endroit ou on ferait franchement la fête mais où on rencontre d'autres voyageurs. Une très bonne solution de logement sur Donetsk.

Hostelpushkin

Kharkov, Ukraine

Five Flags Hostel

Uzhgorod, Ukraine

Kiev Central Station

Kiev, Ukraine

Location is excellent if you're looking for something more quiet, but still close enough to main shops and trolleybuses/minibuses stops to the center (Khreshchatik avenue is 700 m walk + 2 km bus away, or 1.5 km walk away). This hostel consists of large apartments and you won't feel cramped in the the 12 beds dorm.

The Bird's Nest

Slightly away from London's main touristic attractions but attractive location nonetheless (lively & colorful high street, Greenwich Observatory park 20 minutes' walk away, etc.). Helpful staff (another guest was occupying my bed and they gave me a room of my own). Facilities Ok with a few too many out of order when I was there. I'd go back.

The Funky Chicken Hostel

Bucharest, Romania

Had a very good time at the Funky Chicken Hostel. A major park is located nearby (Parcul Cismigiu). An equipped kitchen and dining room are available for anyone into cooking. Helpful & very nice staff.