Location: Canada, Gender: Male, Age: 30

Oaxaca, Mexico

Hostel Monte Cassino

Tower Bridge Backpackers

Puerto Escondido, Mexico

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST HOSTEL IN THIS PARTICULAR NEIGHBORHOOD OF PUERTO ESCONDIDO, OR POSSIBLY THE UNIVERSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Osa Mariposa

Puerto Escondido, Mexico

Stay on the main strip. Nice staff. Breakfast not included. Ask for mosquito netting.

Casa Caracol

San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

Stay on the main strip instead. Nice staff. Breakfast is not included. Ask for mosquito netting.

Tika'aaj Hostel

Lake Atitlan, Guatemala

Bed broke in private room - safety hazard. Nice vibe but very loud. Hippies playing flute poorly early in morning and late at night.

Quetzalroo

Guatemala City, Guatemala

Not hard to see how Quetzalroo was voted "best hostel in Guatemala". My room had a pillow-top mattress. They went way above and beyond with the pickups as well. Highly recommended.

• 16th Feb 2012

La Fortuna, Costa Rica

Good value for money.

Finca Amanecer

Quepos, Costa Rica

Elena and the Finca were the highlights of our trip to Costa Rica. Great food, sights, and hospitality.

Thanks, I enjoyed your visit too. paz y amor, Elena

Travel Hostel Dreamplace

Heredia, Costa Rica

I stayed here for two nights. There was only one other person in the entire hostel for both those nights. The directions given to the hostel are terrible and should be much more specific. When I arrived at the hostel the admin guy wasn't there and I was literally let in by the only other guest who was partying at a nearby bar.

fatal gracias por su opinion

Eduardo was great and I had a fine time here, but am concerned that some security features should be improved. When I arrived there was no clear indication on where the buzzer was, so I knocked on the door. After no response, I kicked the door, which despite being locked, opened right up. Later in the night some thugs had clearly realized the same thing and scurried away when I was leaving, but stayed waiting outside. Not the most safety inspiring experience.

There´s rather loud construction going on right now outside, so if you´re not a light sleeper you may want to call ahead.

Way Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Paulo at the front desk gave me a list of places to go for the best night out in Malasana, including an Irish pub with his super hot bartender friend Alba. Thanks Paulo, highlight of my trip :)

Hostel Tenerife

Tenerife, Spain

Had a great time, Manfred was a great host, lending me walking sticks and a knapsack to climb El Teide, without which I would have died. Therefore, it is no exaggeration to say Manfred saved my life. Stay at this hostel like your life depends on it, which it quite possibly may.

Sentrum Hostel

Oslo, Norway

The only downside was that I got bedbugs, which unfortunately made me itch for a few days all over my arms and legs (minus point) - thankfully not on my face (plus point). There was a homeless guy walking around the halls when we arrived (minus point), who was asked to leave by a staff member (plus point) after he tried to ask for a room in really good English (double plus point for excellent Norwegian education system).

Is not at all convenient to get to the city center, but has a great view while walking there.

The Flying Fox

Blue Mountains, Australia

Mmmm mulled wine, yum yum. Who gives a flying fox?

The Midland Youth Hostel 1

Bucharest, Romania

Colin (owner) is a perfect hostel owner personality, outgoing and welcoming. I met three other staff members and they were all friendly and helpful. Overall good vibe and I would stay there again for sure. Great location, great staff, I had fun.