Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 30

Green Tortoise Backpackers

San Francisco, USA

Great stay - but bring ear plugs. Luckily people in our room were all super respectful and quiet.

Hi, thanks for staying. Yes, the hostel is often lively but we do like our guests to get their beauty sleep, even in dorms! We request that all guests are respectful of noise levels in the rooms later in the evening and suggest they mingle in our large common room! We sell ear plugs at the front desk for those in need. All the best. GT Front desk

We had a great stay. The private room wasn't exactly private though. The room was at the front of the building on the street level, and there were no 'blackout' blinds. The blinds didn't block out sunlight or the ability for people on the street to see directly into your room which is the exact opposite of privacy. If that is fixed, it will be gorgeous.

Dear , we have already achieved what is possible. We are working towards the impossible. But for miracles we need a little more time. Thanks for your trully impression and next time it will improve... Peace PIH

Casa Kultour

Valparaiso, Chile

Landay Hostel

Santiago, Chile

Lisbon Poets Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

The hostel staff were simply fabulous. The hostel ammenities were great. The hostel, though, was horrendously cold, and there was maybe one heater in the whole hostel. (I'm not kidding that my lips turned blue) Also, the cleaning staff were incredibly loud in the morning.

Manga hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

They made the best coffee ever!! THe place was very relaxed. Pretty much the coziest bed Ive had in a while!! Heaters could be turned down a few notches though

Hostel City Center Sarajevo

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

This place was lovely. I loved the smell of the cleaning stuff the lady was using on the floors. The only hard part is that there is only one pot and one handle-less frying pan which makes cooking obnoxious (especially with free soup and pasta)

Hostel Majdas (former Majdas Rooms)

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

This was such a wonderful place to stay, a great introduction to the Bosnian culture.

Pension Curin

Hvar, Croatia

This place was just perfect. The walk into town was amazing, and the owners were great.

Fulir Hostel Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

Fantastic location, clean and spacious rooms, but the kitchen is almost non existent and the kitchen/common room closes at 11 and doesn't open again until 8 if the owner shows up on time. Mattresses were also incredibly narrow. Would stay elsewhere if we had the option.

Suite Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Sarah and her boyfriend Luke made great hosts. Perfect location, friendly staff, very clean. Great stay!

Unfortunately it feels like sleeping at a corporate hotel. It does the job, but there's absolutely no personal touches. The staff at the counter had zero personality, and when I had needed help, one in particular was incredibly unfriendly.

Poets Corner Hostel

Olomouc, Czech Republic

I would give this place more than 100 if I could. They go above and beyond.

Thanks Meghan but 100 out of 100 is good enough for us! ; ) Cheers, The Poets

Sir Toby's Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

The staff here will help you find something to do if you are at a loss. The place is gorgeous and super chill. Great pub.

Zodiakus Hostel

Krakow, Poland

The staff were unbelievable. I don't think I've ever hugged the staff before I left. Such great character, a cozy, laid back hostel with great pubnights!