Reviews: sophieC

Location England, Gender Female, Age 35

• Australia, Female, 31-40
Hotel My Home, Amsterdam, Netherlands
19th Jul 2016

Lovely hostel in great location very easy to get to all the big attractions. Beds were really comfy unfortunately there were no lockers in the room. Very steep stairs to get in the hostel which makes it interesting trying to leave with your bags but it just adds to the atmosphere. Lovely breakfast in the mornings. Unfortunately the common area is locked at night until 8:30am so no where to sit and chill if you're up early. Would definitely stay again!!

• Australia, Female, 31-40
91 Loop, Cape Town, South Africa
7.4
19th Feb 2016

Nice hostel, close to Long St. Breakfast is included however we were never told this until the third morning of our stay. I stayed in the 20bed dorm and it was really cool. Definitely didn't feel like 20 people were in there. My only downside was the bathrooms weren't cleaned very well each day and dirt that was there at the beginning of my stay was still there at the end of my stay.

• England, All Female Group, 31-40
Frendz Resort Boracay, Boracay Island, Philippines
3rd Jan 2015

Loved our stay at Frendz. The staff were so accommodating and friendly. Great communal area to meet new people and only a stones throw from the beach. A big plus I found was that they have frendz sunloungers on the beach so you don't have to pay or lie on the beach. Thanks to everyone at Frendz for helping to make our time on Boracay so memorable.

HI Los Angeles - Santa Monica, Los Angeles, USA
28th Jun 2014

Regent Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok, Thailand
23rd Jan 2014

I flew into Bangkok late and flew out the following morning early. It suited my needs perfectly. The room was huge and extremely comfortable. The only negative would have to be people arriving/departing in the middle of the night talking and making noise but that's what you expect in a hotel next to the airport! Free Shuttle bus was great!!

The Siem Reap Hostel, Siem Reap, Cambodia
21st Jan 2014

Great hostel in the heart of Siem Reap! Big beds, private light on each bed and heaps of plug sockets!! Great!! Only negative was the pool was FREEZING!!

Me Mates Villa, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
19th Jan 2014

The hostel was great!! The beds were nice and big although a little cramped together bit great big lockers to put your bags into. The staff were great very kind and courteous and happy to help with any travel arrangements! Would definitely stay here again!!

NgocThao GuestHouse, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
15th Jan 2014

This hostel was fantastic. The staff were so helpful and always greeted me by my name. It is extremely central to all attractions and nightlife. Perfect stay in Ho Chi Minh. I will be back again in a few days and will be staying there and have also recommended it to my friends.

Langchia Hostel, Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam
12th Jan 2014

I loved my stay at Langchia! Lam is so nice and very helpful. They arrange tours for hostel guests only which is fantastic. The dorm is large but what better way to get to know your roommates. Beach is a stones throw away. Also great showers!!

Little Hanoi Hostel, Hanoi, Vietnam
3rd Jan 2014

Great place to stay. Lily and David are so friendly and helpful they cannot do enough for you. They really make you feel like you're at home. Even offering showers for people not leaving til later in the day. No wifi in the rooms , but I believe this is a big plus as people come out of their rooms and socialise and share travel stories. I would 100% recommend this to anyone looking for a friendly! clean! safe and sociable hostel.

Sihome Backpackers Hostel, Vientiane, Laos
2nd Jan 2014

I was a little disappointed when I arrived here I was shown to my room but there was no ensuite like I had booked. I asked them about this and they advised me none of the dorms have ensure but they all have a bathroom you can use. Apparently their version of ensuite means there is a bathroom available to you! So just be careful when booking. Other than this the hostel was great and I really enjoyed my stay here! Showers were the best I've had in Laos!

Bunc Hostel, Singapore, Singapore
7th Jan 2013

Great, friendly hostel. Good location! And it includes breakfast!! Good value!!

• England,
HI San Francisco - Downtown, San Francisco, USA
5.7
30th Jan 2007

Excellent Location, unfortunately staff are not helpful and matresses are about 2inches thick and the beds squeak like mad!! Sorry but for this price i've stayed at much better hostels for less!!