New York Budget Inn

New York, USA

My first time at a hostel (in my own country!) so I didn't know what to expect, especially in NYC. This hostel turned out to be excellent. Clean, efficient, 2 blocks from the subway, good neighborhood with lots of restaurants, and a short walk to the Empire State Building. Free cruise around Manhattan! The only negative was my dormmates: Glued to their electronic devices and hiding behind their laptops, zero social skills. Not the hostel's fault, more of a growing sociological problem.

Rome, Italy

I love this hostel: Stayed there 4 times. Great location near the train station, restaurants and bars.

Hotel Jakoberhof

Augsburg, Germany

Very good location. Great staff. All you can eat breadfast

Brook Lane Hostel Regensburg

Regensburg, Germany

Good location. Nice that there was a small grocery store at the reception desk. Helpful friendly staff.

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

Great hostel. Would stay again. Very attractive atrium lounge, and a good bar

MEININGER London Hyde Park

Great location near Victoria and Albert Museum and Natural History Museum. Helpfull, friendly staff. Good lounge area. Easy access to subways at Gloucester Road station nearby.

Rome, Italy

This was my 3rd stay at Hostel Beautiful. Excellent location near the Termini train station, restaurants, shops, and an open air market. I recommend the restaurant downstairs. Free continental breakfast is provided at the corner cafe. Staff is friendly and helpful; dorm rooms and bathrooms are kept very clean. Secure lockers provided. I've had very good luck with dorm mates at this hostel, linking up with interesting fellow travelers. I plan to stay here again on my next visit to Rome.

Hostel Alex30

Stuttgart, Germany

Very enjoyable stay. Helpful staff. Very nice bar and lounge area. Kitchen very clean and well-organized. Excellent breakfast. About a 20 minute walk to Stuttgart center.

Very good hostel (my second time there). Not far from the town center, on a not-too-busy street. Easy access to the tram. Helpful, friendly staff; clean facilities. Has a good bar/lounge, large dining hall and great breakfasts. Also, there is an elevator, large lockers (and a shoe-shine machine!) My only wish would be that they had normal pillows, not the huge, soft type that all the German accommodations seem to have.

It is nice to hear, that you liked your second visit as much as the first one! We offer a breakfast-buffet for only 4,50 €. In this breakfast you can get everything you need to have a good start in the day ;) If you visit us a third time, you will notice, that we renovated our bar. Now there is new colour on the walls, a new floor and new furnitures. It really looks pretty good! We hope, that there will be a better atmosphere in the hostel right now =) Thank you for your feedback! We hope to welcome you again. Nice greetings from Cologne!!

Lavish, spacious former mansion. Clean, well-run. This was my 3rd or 4th stay. It's bit away from the city center, but there is easy access to subway (Swiss Cottage station) and bus, and you're in town in a couple of minutes. Neighborhood is a mix of quiet, handsom residential streets on one side and shops and places to eat on the other. It was actually good to get away from the hectic tourist centers in the evenings. Walk to Regent's Park and Zoo. Great hostel, highly recommended.

Rome, Italy

This is a large hostel spread over several floors of an apartment block. Excellent location if you want to be at the hub of transportation (trains, busses, metro), with many restaurants, cafes and cafeterias. Not a scenic neighborhood, but safe and practical for reaching any part of Rome and beyond. Staff is very helpful and friendly. This was my third stay at Beautiful, and it was better then ever. Rooms vary. The second room I was put in was excellent. Good shower and drainage. Rooms and baths are c

Hostel Gdansk

Gdansk, Poland

Excellent hostel. Actually more like staying in a really nice apartment with kitchen, living room with large screen tv, and dining room. Rooms are not crowded. Staff is very helpful. Not a party hostel, but you can certainly meet up with people and go out to party the the Old Town, which has one of the most beautiful squares in Europe

3BE Backpackers Bed

Eindhoven, Netherlands

Very clean, spatious, well organized hostel. Was only there 1 night to get a plane to Gdansk, so my experience is limited. Starched and ironed bed linen was appreciated!

Durty Nellys Inn

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great hostel, right in the middle of the action in Old Town. The bar is downstairs, and my room was right above it, but there was no noise problem, though I did have earplugs just in case. Very helpful, friendly staff. The shower in our room was better than the one I have at home! Room was a bit crowded with 6 beds (3 bunks)but that seems to be the standard set-up in most hostels. I was sad to leave.

Shelter City

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Good hostel. It has a wholesome, upbeat Christian orientation but they aren't pushy about it. Located right in the Old Town and, ironically, the Red Light District. Breakfast was good, but would have been good to have some fruit offered (we pilgrims need our daily vitamin C)

Great place to stay in London. Spacious Victorian former mansion. In a quiet residential neighborhood north of Regents Park. Subway stations are very close so it's easy to get anywhere you need to go. Staff is very helpful. This was my second time there, and I would definitely return

Rome, Italy

This was my second time at Hostel Beautiful. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Rooms and en suite bath were imaculate. I had a 4-bed room on the 4th floor. The room even had an air conditioner so we could close the window at night. This is the only hostel I've ever stayed at where they bring your breakfast into the room! Would be nice if they had lockers but you can leave valuables at the desk. Great location near the train station, with many restaurants and laundremats nearby.

Euro Youth Hostel

Munich, Germany

Clean, friendly hostel near the train station. Great breakfasts. Elevator. Would stay there again.

Wonderful hostel in a converted Victorian mansion. Quiet location, near the subway/metro. Free internet. Some of the toilet facilities a bit cramped (very tiny sinks!) but clean. To get to some of the rooms you have to go through one of the bathrooms, which was OK but seemed odd. Would definitely stay there again.

YHA York

York, England

Good place to stay when visiting York. We had a private room. There was some noise from the busload of school kids, but not a big problem. (After all, it is a youth hostel, not a hotel, so this should be expected). Food offering at the cafeteria could be better. Typical Yorkshire menu, I suppose. But plenty of places to eat in town, if you prefer. Nice lounge and bar. Excellent, very well appointed kitchen if you want to prepare your own food.

Placidi Giorni

Rome, Italy

For the small cost charged for a single room, I wasn\'t expecting much. However, I was VERY surprised and pleased. The room had a double bed, and seemed more like what you\'d get in a nice hotel. My floor was very quiet. Clean, well maintained bathrooms. Breakfast was in the bar downstairs. The owners also ran a (not expensive) restaurant on the ground floor. Hostel was a bit farther from Termini, but a quieter neighborhood. Very nice family. I would definitely return.

Good place. Has dorm rooms but with a hotel atmosphere: Reception desk, lounge, bar, dining hall, etc. Clean, well organized. Quiet street, not far from trams and busses. Great breakfasts. Staff helpful. I especially liked the free shoe shine machine! I would definitely go back on my next visit.

Black Sheep Hostel

Cologne, Germany

Good hostel, close to Ubahn Barbarossaplatz. Nice kitchen, bathrooms well-kept. Each dorm room has a theme. Mine was Arabia. Was only there one night, but would go back again.

Greg & Tom Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Very upbeat, fun hostel, across from the train station and a short walk to the historic center. Clean, bright, and great breakfasts. Helpful, responsive staff. They even bake pies for the guests! Sometimes the wait for the bathrooms was a bit long since the laundry, shower and toilet were all in the same room. Locks were provided, however these need to be re-installed so that the screws are not accessible to anyone with a screwdriver. However, I wasn\'t too concerned about this, and felt safe.

Babel Hostel

Wroclaw, Poland

Great location if you want to be near the train station. A bit of a walk to the town center, but there are trams or buses. Very helpful, friendly staff. The town itself was surprisingly vibrant with a beautiful, colorful historic town square. Was an excellent stopover point on the way to Krakow (coming from Dresden)

Louise 20

Dresden, Germany

Very nice hostel. Great breakfasts. Good location, not in the historic center, but in a vibrant, alternative area of the city with many restaurants, shops, and clubs. Easy access to the beautiful, restored old town via tram. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. I would stay here again.

Pension Retiro

Madrid, Spain

Good location near Prado Museum, Atocha Station and metro stop. On a street with many buildings under restoration. The area should be quite attractive when finished. Also, there is a good selection of eating places in the Huerta district nearby. Common area is small and not really set up for lounging or meeting other travellers. But a good place just for sleeping at low cost.