I just wanted a quiet night and somewhere to getmy head down in London with an easy commute to the centre. this place was a good option being close to the jubilee line but in a quiet and safe feeling neighbourhood. The dorm beds have curtains over them, so i was able to get an early night, but was still glad to have ear plugs and an eye mask. At the same time, the atmosphere was friendly so this would be a good place to meet fellow travellers if that's what you're after.

Hi there, Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you liked your stay with us and hope to see you again soon. Kind regards

Hosteria Rose Cottage

Otavalo, Ecuador

Lovely hostel in a lovely location, far enough from Otavalo to feel like the coutryside, but close enough for the town to be convenient.

Hostal Chasqui

Otavalo, Ecuador

Nice location close to the centre, but not too close, and good value for what I got. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful and made me feel very at home. However, most of the time I was there, I was the only guest, which was great because I wanted to get my head down and study Spanish, but this place is not in the thick of it.

Park Life Hostel

Popayan, Colombia

Great hostel. Good value, clean dorms. Friendly and helpful staff. Decent kitchen. Reasonably priced beer. Lots of info available on the surrounding area, town and onward travel to Ecuador.

Mountain Hostels

Manizales, Colombia

Nothing to say except this is an excellent hostel that's getting everything right.

Sophia's House

Medellin, Colombia

It's more like a homstay, so that has to be what you are after. It's not a party hostel and it's away from the main party areas, but there are plenty of bars and restaurants nearby at 81 and 33. I went to Medellin to study Spanish, so it was great to be able to use Spanish to talk to Sophia and her family in the evenings. I managed to find an excellent Spanish tutor nearby whose details I've left with Sophia, so if you want to study Spanish, this is a great choice.

Sam�S VIP Hostel San Gil

San Gil, Colombia

Very nice hostel with a great location and a pool. Only problem is the lack of hammocks.

Cenote Popol Vuh

Puerto Morelos, Mexico

This might be a scam. We followed the directions and found there was no guest house at the cenote. We arrived after dark and found only two locals who work at the cenote, living in shacks with 7 rottweilers. We felt we were in danger arriving there after dark, the situation felt very uncomfortable. Fortunately we had a sympathetic driver who ended up taking us to Puerto Morelos. We have lodged a complaint with Hostel World. We do not recommend you book here.

All in all, this is a great place to stay if you are looking for somewhere cheap in Tokyo. It's in the pleasant old Asakusa area. While being away from the main hubs of Shinjuku and Shibuya, they are easy to get to by subway. The staff are friendly and the place is well set up for just hanging out and meeting other travellers. The only slight problem is that the noise carries between the rooms. However, the owners have addressed the problem, noted by some other reviewers, of the walls not reaching the ceiling . At the end of the day, it's a hostel, what do you expect? At some time you will be woken by people with a different schedule to you. Handily, they sell ear plugs at reception! Overall, highly recommended for a good hostelling experience at the right price. Almost forgot to mention the free drink at the friendly bar down the road effectively makes the price even better.

Marks Inn Sapporo

Sapporo, Japan

Although appearing on hostelworld.com this is definitely a business hotel. It doesn't have the atmosphere of a hostel. However, the staff are friendly, it's clean and the location is great.