Guilin Oasis Inn

Guilin, China

The door of the bathroom going to the corridor is not secured at all while the door of the bedroom to be opened with the house key. I have told the owner, he seemed to have listened to me but nothing is done, I had to place a chair behind the door just in case.... There was also no WiFi as said. Think twice of going back. It was my second stay there.

Yangshuo Culture House

Yangshuo, China

I like the availability of WiFi. I appreciate the help of Mr Wei. And the breakfast and supper included. Would recommend the guesthouse to others.

There were no glasses, soap etc that are normally provided in an ensuite room. The room for 1st night is unhealthy, was not cleaned, 2 used wet towels stll hanging and the bed sheet /blanket are impregnated with urine smell and dampness. The 2nd night, we were given another but the washroom is in fact a small toilet called a washroom unfit for a guest. The lady owner was rude and did not check before accusing my wife not to pay 8 CNY for breakfast. WIFI comes and goes. Afterwards no more.

We spent 4 nights in a twin bed room which gives us full satisfaction but the fifth night after coming back 2 days from Emeishan was a double bed room although we have booked for the first room.The second was smaller and less furnished and don't understand why there is not a single hanger .Both rooms are the same price !? Otherewise, we are satisfied with Traffic inn and recommend to others.

Staff very helpful, excellent communication in english, good location, food and beer reasonably priced, I fully recommend to go there. We put up 3 nights in a double bed-room. Good wishes to Dave, Du,Colin and other staff.

An electric kettle would be a big plus in our double bed room for the hostel's thermos did not keep long. We stayed for 3 nights, The staff is very helpful, the location is 15 minutes by foot, They do not book any more train tickets because of the new authority rules.

IC Holiday

Kunming, China

It is a residentual flat where there are many buses and cheap food across the street. Indeed the transfer from the train station to the place is free. Bus 23 and K 1 straight to the main train station and bus 44 to Haigen park and Yunnan nationalities village. Thank you and don't hesitate to ask Ricky for help.

Happy Dragon Hostel

Beijing, China

The first night of our 6 nights, we were put in a downgraded 3 bedroom close to the bar instead of a twin bedroom. we could not of course get a sleep-rest because of the noise. The staff is helpful. The location is good, it is close to DongSi subway, to the many local snacks and to the Wu market. However, I would not return to the hostel for we could not get the WIFI in our room as stated in the hostel service. TV reception is pretty bad and not even an english channel like CCTV9.

We were there in february 2007. This time it is very much upgraded and more comfortable. I've enjoyed my stay there and will recommend to go there.

Close to west lake. Lot of amenities. Bikes rental not far. Will come back.

Guilin Oasis Inn

Guilin, China

Excellent location not far from the railway station and the tourist sights. Staff understand english and are helpful. Comfortable twin bedroom. I enjoyed my stay.

Showbiz Inn at West Street

Yangshuo, China

I would accept to pay a few more kuai to have an electric kettle in my room. The price of the room is quite reasonable. I enjoy my stay and the wifi in room is very useful.

similar to jade hostel in beijing, we have enjoyed our stay there. hoewerer the internet service is annoyingly slow. 2008 is near and they seem not to improve at least their english ,in particular the travel and info service. cheers.

• 18th Feb 2007
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

Beijing Jade Youth Hostel

Beijing, China

for the price, its worthwhile. as a matter of fact, we are already back this p.m because we miss the train. we were there 90 minutes waiting in the lounge and we did not know that we should be 1 hour before at the boarding gate. so take care for the futur travellers. cheers.

• 7th Feb 2007