Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 71

Periko's Youth Hostel

Bariloche, Argentina

A long time favorite and somewhat more reasonably priced than many newer places in Bariloche. They continue to get it right.

Nature Hostel

Pucon, Chile

This place has a lot of character, family managed. Booked a night before Villerica Traverse and stayed for 3 to relax after. Highly recommend.

Hostal Vermont

Osorno, Chile

Nice bed in a single room, no dorms available when I booked. Newly arrived from Argentina I had to check in and then find an ATM. The room was CLP18,000 plus a CLP5,000 key deposit. I gave the proprietor three CLP10,000 notes. She left the room and returned giving me one CLP1,000 and one CLP2,000. When I expressed dismay, she again left the room and returned with a CLP5,000 note. Probably an oversight but senior travelers using an unfamiliar currency should be mindful

Dear guest, Thank you for your candid comments and sorry for the missunderstanding. We want to let you and all our guests that the price for our single room is 20.000 pesos, not 18.000 pesos, and key deposit is 5.000 pesos, so the receptionist should have given you 5.000 pesos back (if you paid with 30.000) We understand that arriving in Chile coming from Argentina it gets a little confussing with the currency exchange.

Tierra Gaucha Hostel

Bariloche, Argentina

Really a small hotel with some rooms converted to dorms. Top notch! Reserved bed in 6 bed dorm slept in 4 bed with nice big ensuite. Generous public spaces. There weren't many reviews for this place. Good deal!

Hostel Inn Bariloche

Bariloche, Argentina

Really nice place with great views from the high deck which is almost scary. Not a party place so the risks must be small. Great staff

La Comarca Hostel

El Chalten, Argentina

Warm welcome, quick considerate service, very clean, insight of bus station and not a party place. Highly recommend.

La Posta Hostel and Apart

Ushuaia, Argentina

Very convenient to airport, I walked. Nice staff. Clean well managed place.

Oaklands Lodge

Auckland, New Zealand

Very nice quiet place on the airbus route and local bus to downtown.

The Ferry House

New Ross, Ireland

Probably the best hostel experience in 6 years post retirement traveling. Sensitive adaptive reuse of historic structures. High quality finishes. Great kitchen and appliances. Spotless. Cordial owner-operators.