Hans Brinker Budget Hotel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

We were a group of 5 friends and got a 6 bed private room for a weekend. For the low night rate we expected much worse than that! Room had enough space, beds were good, sheets were clean and we were even given a towel per person! Bathroom was small, and shower got a bit messy after 5 of us, but it definitely did the job for the weekend. Breakfast got very busy, but the food was decent and with more than simple cereals. Oh! and the common area/bar was great for having some beers, at anytime!

Hi, Thanks for your great review! We hope to see you and your friends again soon!! Greetings, Hans Brinker

HI-Monterey Hostel

Monterey, USA

Great clean hostel. Free parking on site. Beds were good and and roomsquiet. Bathroom and showers were clean and with towels available for you to use. Common room was big and with a lot of local and state tourist information. Breakfast wasn't as abundant as in another hotels I have been, but at least you have some coffee, tea and spreads for your do-it-yourself pancakes. The parallel street has lots of restaurants and it's just two blocks from Cannary row. Very good overall, I'll stay again!

Wanderfalls Guesthouse

Niagara Falls, USA

We stayed only for one night, but we had a nice and friendly reception by the owner. She also helped us with what to see in Niagara. The bedrooms, bedlinen and bathrooms were clean. Kitchen had all you need to cook yourself and free pancakes for breakfast were a bonus. I don't know any other places to stay in Niagara, but this hostel was a very good value for money for a night stay.

We stayed two nights in Quebec and as a last-minute decision we had to chose this hostel. The owner was quite helpful at the reception, but the bedrooms were really not that great. Bunks beds were shaky and noisy, and mattress and pillows kind of plasticized, thus very noisy too! The shower rooms were small and not very clean..I guess too many people using it!! So, if you want a cheap please, this is ok...but if you don't mind to pay a couple of bucks more, you'll probably find a better hostel!!

Good location, right in front of Hammersmith tube/bus station.Pretty clean bathrooms and nice matress.Poor breakfast, but enough. Not so good idea to have the hostel reception IN the bar when checking at night, the music was quite loud to hear the staff. The music could also be heared as far background on the 2nd floor rooms, but nothing at all on the 4th floor. I'd stay again as it's a good value for price (especially for London), but just in case I won't forget my earplugs!

we just spent 1 night here before the fly. it's relatively cheap and in the middle of downtown. the dorms were ok but the beds made a lot of noise everytime you moved, shared bathrooms not very clean and kitchen was a mess in the morning..where was the breakfast supposed to be??? anyway, that night the youngsters seemed to have a great time in the pub downstairts.

City Hostel Seattle

Seattle, USA

The hostel was like a big house, very clean bathroom and kitchen, nice beds, and with a simple but decent breakfast included. Free internet and payphone in the house. The only 2 problems we found were the rooms upstairs are open (no doors,but the guests respected the bed time at 11pm) and second, it was a bit far from city center (25min by bus, just $1.50).

Turtle Hostel

Victoria, Canada

We booked a twin room and they didn't have it(was a double bed),so luckly they had spare beds in the 6 bed dorm.just one shower in each floor, no windows in the single bed rooms and bathroom not very clean. however it's in a good location and cheap, don't expect nothing great!!

The Hostelworld booking system give us the different information that they booked private room with a double bed, not a twin room. We have reported this problem to the booking system. All of our rooms have windows. They did not live in the single bed room, their claim is not true.

Youthhostel Luzern

Lucerne, Switzerland

The youthhostel is a bit far from the city center (but very close to the rowing racecourse Rotsee) and you will need to take a bus or walk 30min aprox. The bedrooms are good, and the only problem I saw it was that there weren't enough showers/toilets for the number of rooms in each floor. But overall, it is a good youthhostel (and relatively cheap!).

London House Hotel

We stayed in an ensuite double bed room in the ground floor.The bathroom was small, but new and clean.The location was very good and our room was very quite.Breakfast was simple but enough.It was worthy to pay £5 more than in another hostels and have an ensuite room (including towels).If they don't increase too much the price after the refursbishments,I'll definetely stay again in this hostel when I come back to London.It was nice to see that good quality price hotel exists in London.

The Court Hostel

The hostel is below the average, the bedrooms were normal, but the bathrooms were very tiny and with only two showers for the hole second and third floor. Also they were not very clean. I think they should spend the money in some refurbishments instead of flat-screen tvs. If I can i will go to another hostel when I come back to London.

Globetrotter Inn London

This hostel is good for both big and small groups. The beds are very good and you can sleep properly, its a very quite area. The bathrooms are clean. The staff is very nice and helpful. The breakfast is ok (cerals, toast, jouice, hot coffe/tea and cold milk). The only "bad" thing is the location, a bit far from the center, but the tube station is at 3 min walk. I was there last year with a big group, last week we (3) stayed there and I think I will go again in my next London visit.