Reviews: jorgepacheco

Location: Mexico, Gender: Male, Age: 38

All In Hostel/Hotel

Berlin, Germany

You get what you pay for, cheap, in the clubbing neighborhood, lots of teens. What's annoying are the three-level bunk beds.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Mexico

Nice old building, foot distance to Rustaveli Avenue, Freedom Square, Dry Bridge and some bars. Staff are a bit quiet, but they're very, very friendly! They give useful information and help whenever necessary. We hanged out there until 2AM the next night after we checked out, since our plane would be at 4AM. We were even invited to shower and have tea/coffee. The common area may be nice... or quiet... specially when the guests are all there just using the wifi, but I suppose that's common now..

• 13th Jun 2014

Hostel Georgia

Tbilisi, Georgia

The reason for I chose this hostel were: 24 hours reception (we landed at 4am) and near the train station (had to take a Mashrutka at 5am the next day). In this regard Hostel Georgia has what you need. When we arrived everything was dark and didn't look precisely clean, but it actually was. Toilets are a bit too small and in the same room as the shower, which makes it a bit messy, but I guess that's OK. It's run by 2 of the nicest Japanese guys I ever met! They also offer dinner, wifi and wine

• 28th May 2014
  • Mexico

A capsule hotel, an experience. One goes here for the experience, or because one needs it. One knows what one gets. The staff, although a bit non-personal, is efficient. Atmosphere is just anonymous, mostly Japanese men are here and the few foreigners we saw were busy with their stuffs. RIght in front of the Seibu Shinjuku station, and already in Kabukucho district.

Hatters on Newton Street

Manchester, England

Excellent location at the Northern Quarter, basic breakfast included, cool staff, clean enough. Something I noticed: Friday night the ambient was like Party, Saturday night, everything was empty and the security was stricter

• 16th Aug 2013
  • Mexico

....uhmm...that's because we like to mix it up a bit, do things backwards......? Haha Saturday is usually our busier night, and we up the security when we have more guests in, stag do's etc. I'm supposing that everyone was just very well behaved that night, so let's give them a round of applause :D

Sky Backpackers

Dublin, Ireland

The toilettes sometimes didn't flush, that kind of stunk (literally), but also the guests didn't precisely contribute to try to keep the facilities not that dirty. There aren't lockers, but you can leave your valuables at the reception. The common area was always crowded.. with people busy with their smart devices, a bit depressing. On the bright side, the staff organizes almost every night a nice event

• 13th Aug 2013

HomePlanet-Hostel

Leipzig, Germany

It was a surprise that our private room was not at the Hostel's address, but at an annex, some meters (100 or more) ahead. Room is clean, bathroom and kitchen too. We were quite busy in Leipzig, so I cannot talk about how convenient the place is for partying and stuff. Good Hostel, I'd come back.

• 19th Jul 2013

Hostel Urbano

San Jose, Costa Rica

Urbano does its best, and the best, is that they aren't aiming 'just to be the best', so there's always room for improving. Clean enough (bathroom had stains), friendly, wifi reliable, location kind of good for partying (not my goal)

Gracias, Thanks so much for your review!! It was so nice to have you here really !! hope to meet up some time soon again, and you know you have a home in Costa Rica !!! Again thank you for everything!! Best regards, and have a nice 2013. :) Claudia Hostel Urbano

Hotel Marparaiso- Panama

Panama City, Panama

• 27th Feb 2013

Casa de Romero

Guayaquil, Ecuador

No complains. Bathroom is clean, kitchen is clean, room is clean, Diana is cool, Juanita is cool. Young and elder people create a friendly atmosphere

• 25th Feb 2013

Apple Hostel

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Apple Hostel is rather a hotel in the Chungking Mansion; the wonderful woman from the staff was so helpful, that she even helped me in my last day, when I felt sick; they even let me to stay in my room one more hour after my checkout. The rooms are cleaned in daily basis; room is narrow, but I was only there to sleep, so no complain. Chungking is next the TST station, the ferry, Knutsford Terrace, Canton Road, so it is everything but boring. No common area, so meeting ppl is limited to the lift.

Lamb Tour House

Taipei, Taiwan

FFH made me feel welcome and the staff was helpful whenever they were there (they state clearly that it isn't 24h staff). Near the Peace Park and the Main Station, many spots can easily be reached, even by foot (like Ximen). At night there isn't much in the area though. Bathrooms are clean enough, Wifi worked well, they quickly organized for me an extra night.. I would come back

24 hours staff was good, since we only had a stop-ove for a night. Location is "good", where "good" means "convenient": one can easily get to the Main Station and the Cathedral, however, late at night, although not shady, the area can be a bit awkward. Toilettes looked clean, but they didn't precisely smell clean; at our floor, the smell was present in almost the complete hall. The breakfast is available since 6am, another plus; even if it's not included in the price

• 25th Jul 2012
  • Mexico

Hallo..thanks for your review...we consider our Location to be one of our biggest plus points..convenient and perfectly safe...being close to the train staion has plus and minus points as in any major city. As for the Hallways,we are working on a solution for the ventilation...we have "Fire" Doors (obviously for your saftey) which prevent a good air circulation..but a new system should solve this problem in the near future.

Bed and Breakfast Mexico Hostel

Mexico City, Mexico

The hostel is well located, near Roma, Condesa and Zona Rosa, so you can easily go by foot to those places; even to the Chapultepec park, some museums and Reforma. The Breakfast was a nice surprise, the women in the kitchen are fantastic. The staff was efficient, but the guy who was on daytime at the weekend, barely smiled, he was helpful and efficient without doubt, but without a smile, it was not appealing to ask him for help

• 24th Feb 2012
  • Mexico

You get what you pay for. We were there in a very cold night, and there was no heater in our tiny room, that was the biggest drawback. The walls are also very thin, the guys next door came back from party early in the morning and they just didn't care while making noises. We were only one night, and we hardly could sleep.

I was not sure what to give to 'Cleanliness', the place is not dirty, but it looks like :-) don't take me wrong. The best is the Location, since it's near the lovely area of Asakusa, and also just a meters away from the Station which links direct to the Airport. However, it's an experience to stay at this place, it is an old-fashioned capsule hotel, it's like a little time travel.

Hakata Riverside Hostel

Fukuoka City, Japan

The staff are the friendliest persons I met in Hakata, they gave me a nice souvenir for chopsticks and the girl even helped me to find the apple vinegar I wanted to buy. Overall it's a nice and clean hostel. I can't tell much about "Location", the weather was so bad that I only appreciate that it's in the shopping arcade and not far from City Canal or the Yaitas.

• 18th Nov 2011

Ohsu Plaza Hostel

Nagoya, Japan

TEN Backpackers Osaka

Osaka, Japan

36 ROOMS Berlin Kreuzberg

Berlin, Germany

36 Rooms is actually an average hostel. They ask to be quiet between 10pm-7am, but that doesn't mean that all the guests do it; the same with smoking. There's an extra 2.50 Eur for bed linens; in our case we had to ask more than once; we only got one; later on, past midnight, we got the other one. The bathroom is not the cleanest, but ok; no toilette paper.

Otsuka Station Hotel

Tokyo, Japan

Close to the Otsuka Station in the Yamanote Line; so it's easy to go to any direction: East to Ueno, Akihabara, etc; West to Shinjuku, Shibuya, Harajuku; and to Nippori for going to the Airport. It's fine for the price.

Nagano Yudanaka Shimaya

Nagano Snow Monkey Park, Japan

Near Yudanaka Station, actually easy to find, but there`s no Roman board :) Shimaya is one of the most memorable places we`ve stayed. Our shared room was empty, so we were alone there as well as in the bath. And yes, it has a sincere Japanese style. The Manager is a role model for any host: he took us to the Monkey Park, to the Station, to the Onsen.. and picked us up. Not to mention all the tips he gave to explore around: Obuse, hiking trails.. On top we met nice Japanese and foreign people.

Thank you for your kind comments.

Ryokan Sansui

Hiroshima, Japan

Our room was small. But well, it's Japan; actually the complete house had that feeling, that everything is small. Close to the Memorial Park and to a tram stop.

Zen Backpackers

Busan, South Korea

I guess Jun, the friendly guy from the hostel, has both traveled a lot and met people with different interests/nationalities: the hostel is a place where (almost) anybody can feel comfortable. Take advantages of the tips he gives, whether you want to get the best for your money or for the quality. We were lucky there, met post-graduate students, a young backpacker, an adult world traveler, so there wasn't that horrible ambient of 24hour-party-people. Next time I'm in Busan I'll be back here

Backpackers INSIDE

Seoul, South Korea

Young people are running this hostel, with lots of interests, so whenever a visitor has a doubt or question they're always trying to find an answer or advice. We slept in three different rooms: Dorms which are just a bit to small; privates which were very fine; and a kind of private dorm, which was very, very small, hardly with space for our luggages. I'd go back here.

Berolina Charlottenburg

Berlin, Germany

Good for the price. Well connected with a metro and a suburban station. Since it is "far" from all, the bars and restaurants nearby are affordable. People (I suspect young people) just ignored the message "be quiet after 20pm".

Casahabana Gisela

Havana, Cuba

The only thing I can do is recommen this place to stay in Havana. It is just a few meters from the Malecon and you can go walking to Havana Vieja, Centro, Barrio Chino, the bay, etc.

Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab)

Brussels, Belgium

On last year I enjoyed it quite much more. I suspect the guests were different then