Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 37

The Town House 50

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

My wife and I absolutely loved The Town House. It was clean, charming, and the staff couldn't go enough out of their way in kindness. The location was within walking distance of most of the major sights. We really, really enjoyed it there and it would be the only place we would stay if we went back to Saigon. When we were leaving for the airport, they walked us out to the taxi to say goodbye. It is those little features that truly make a place special and memorable.

Hiem Mai Hotel

Nha Trang, Vietnam

We truly enjoyed our stay at Hiem Mai. The largest reason for this was the staff. They were easily some of the nicest people that we encountered throughout our trip. They couldn't do enough for us out of simple kindness. There is a bit of construction going on now which can make mornings noisy, but the staff relocated us to a quieter room without any prompting from us. The location is great for eating and very easy to get to the beach. Very, very clean.

Hoa My Hotel

Hoi An, Vietnam

From the moment we walked through the entrance, we were in love with Hoa My. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. They truly made us feel like they wanted us there and were never pushy with any tours. The location is far enough away from the main attractions that it was quieter and calmer. Great restaurants a few meters a way. The room we had was brilliant with a large balcony to relax. We loved it!

Hanoi Lucky Guesthouse

Hanoi, Vietnam

The location was great, within walking distance of all the sights and Old Town. The rooms were bare bones, but clean. The staff was pushy about us booking trips and extra nights with them.

Golden Mango Inn

Siem Reap, Cambodia

When booking the Golden Mango, we knew it had won awards for its excellence, but we were still shocked at how great it truly was during our stay. From the staff to the garden to the rooms to cleanliness, everything was fantastic. Some may balk at the distance from the center of the city, but the hostel does a great job accommodating for this with free rides into the city center and front door bus pick up. They will also help you arrange hassle free drivers to the temples as well as rent bikes. If/When w

Ocean Walk Inn

Sihanoukville, Cambodia

This is in a prime location by the beach. It also has a nice bar in front of the building with a great breakfast. My wife and I differ on cleanliness. I thought it was fine, but the ants on the bed didn't help her review. The staff was very friendly and helpful. As of New Year 2011, the road in front of the hostel was being reconstructed which will help tremendously, but could cause much dust and noise before it is completed. Don't know when it is scheduled to be done.

Me Mates Place

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

The location isn't the closest place to all of the tourist sights, but almost everything is definitely within walking distance. We preferred the location because it was in a quieter area but conveniently close to everything we wanted to see. The staff is what made our experience excellent. They were extremely helpful. They made arrangements for our additional travels outside of the city, such as a driver in Siem Reap. They are outgoing and respectful. It is too bad our room didn't have a window, but s