HI - Boston

Boston, USA

Don't think i've said this in a review before and if I have what I previously said no longer applies - this is the most comfortable hostel I've ever stayed in. Modern, spacious, privacy in bunks, clean, lots of activities, huge kitchen area...and so much space to relax. Thanks guys, amazing stay.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Globetrotter

Place is OK, only stayed one night. Rained and couldn't leave. Common area is way too small given number of rooms.

• 14th Jul 2014

Duo Housing DC

Washington DC, USA

Nice place, seems to be an old converted house. Friendly staff and organise lots of events. But must say that the place is kinda run like a prison. Never had so many rules emailed prior arrival, given on check in and your even made sign a waiver. Never experienced this at a hostel before and it is a little to much in my opinion.

• 10th Jul 2014

Planet Traveler

Toronto, Canada

Excellent hostel, friendly staff, amazing location - Toronto is a beautiful city. Will be back!

• 2nd Jul 2014

Cologne downtown hostel

Cologne, Germany

Modern and new hostel close to the train station. Make sure and look on a map as its a little difficult to find. On the 6th floor over a car park.

• 29th Apr 2014

Thank you for rating our hostel! Best regards from Cologne

Nice place, would recommend.

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Globetrotter

Hi, Thanks a lot fpor these comments. Send us your friends we'll take good care of them See you soon St Chris Canal team

Warere Town House

Zanzibar, Tanzania

Close to the port and 5-6min from stone town center. Its basic accommodation but similar to other hotelsnin Zanzibar for this price. Not as good as everyone else says on here in my opinion.

• 22nd Sep 2013
  • Globetrotter

Nice hostel...no "curtains" on bunk beds which is common in all other hostels I stayed in. Minor fault. Nice common area to meet others and friendly staff...but the later is a given across all Japan.

• 1st Aug 2013

Mt. Fuji Hostel Michael's

Mount Fuji, Japan

Nice hostel, very convenient for climbing mt. fuji...very nice bar downstairs too...would recommend!

• 30th Jul 2013
  • Globetrotter

Decent location but Nara is very small...I'm over 6foot so felt this house was build for people a lot smaller than me...understandable as its over 100 years old and this is Japan. That said my neck hurt after just one night here! Nice place overall

• 29th Jul 2013
  • Globetrotter

This may be the best hostel i've ever stayed in. Organises events for guests, nice common area to meet other people...air conditioned dorms and super friendly staff. Can only say positive things about here...thanks so much for such an enjoyable few nights!

• 20th Jul 2013
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for your comment! Did you enjoyed the party with Mr.Yano? :D We are happy to hear that you liked our hostel! Please come back if you have a chance. Thank you and see you again!

International Budget Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

the staff were very friendly and the hostel was in a great location. However, I booked in for four nights and told them on arrival I only wanted to stay for three. They required that I pay 50% of my final nights reservation which I found crazy as I was giving more than 48 hours cancellation notice for my final night (as the hostel policy states). I was too tired to argue after my flight but this annoyed me. Peoples travel plans change, especially when staying in hostels. Also no free breakfast.

• 24th Sep 2012
  • Globetrotter

really great location, staff always seemed to be clean and very spacious room....negatives - a little expensive, so big and so many people atmosphere lacks a bit, but overall would recommend.

• 17th Sep 2012

USA Hostels Hollywood

Los Angeles, USA

decent hostel, good location, but again a little pricey...

• 15th Sep 2012
  • Globetrotter

ideal for access to the beach, not for city centre without a car, free parking and the most comfortable beds and couches I've seen on my trip through California, maybe not the best place if you want to party

• 12th Sep 2012
  • Globetrotter

We appreciate your review! We are glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay here. Thank you for choosing us!

location good, but other Banana Bungalow better, really clean, good atmosphere and free parking...can't complain!

• 11th Sep 2012

Orange Village Hostel

San Francisco, USA

decent location but bed bugs in my room, only stayed one night and legs got bitten bad!

• 7th Sep 2012

USA Hostels San Francisco

San Francisco, USA

good location, clean hostel, rooms decent...but a little on the expensive side...overall probably worth it!

• 1st Sep 2012

Smart Hyde Park View

Decent accommodation for London, a bit cramped, location OK...above-average experience

• 18th May 2012

Hatters on Newton Street

Manchester, England

Great hostel in Manchester, would recommend.

• 5th May 2012

Base Wellington

Wellington, New Zealand

great hostel, would highly recommend, location just off courtney place, center for bars/pubs in wellington, also right next to oriental bar/musuem...100% stay here again & wellington is awesome!!!

Nomads Melbourne

Melbourne, Australia

not the best nomads out there, stayed in 14 person room, all shared 1 shower & 1 toilet, not the cleanest either...overall not the best experience

Dear Conor, thank your for your comment. Sorry to hear that you haven' t had the best time. We are taking your comment seriously and we will try to improve the facilities in the future. Have a great day!! Cheers, the Nomads Team Melbourne

Base Sydney

Sydney, Australia

central location, clean and overall would recommend

Hi there, Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at our hostel. Glad to hear you enjoyed our central location - we do have everything right at our door step. Enjoy the rest of your travels, if you are still on the road! The Base Sydney Team

Base Auckland

Auckland, New Zealand

highly recommend, such a central location & great space/facilities. stayed in a few hostels in auckland over the past two months traveling new zealand, best the city has to offer!

• 17th Oct 2011
  • Globetrotter

Hi Conor, Thanks for your review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here - we definitely the positive feedback and love our guests to enjoy their time in Auckland. Enjoy the rest of your travels and hopefully we see you again soon! Sheridan @ Base Auckland

Silverfern Backpackers

Auckland, New Zealand

hostel in ok location, Base & Nomads more central. New hostel so everything clean & new. Probably would advise to stay in previously mentioned Base/Nomads however, Hostel is expensive for what you get, only given sheet & pillow, no cover on arrival. $50 key deposit is unreasonably high. Get impression owners only out to make as much as possible from travellers. $10 fine if not out within hour of checkout time & heard of people kicked out of bed/room ~ @10.00 by others staying following night

• 15th Oct 2011
  • Globetrotter

Thanks for your comments Conor, blankets are available free of charge at reception if needed. Our keys tags are electronic and cost alot of money to replace which is why key deposit is high. It is a very busy time with the Rugby world cup, people are waiting for beds to become vacant, 10am is standard time in NZ and Australia to be be out of the bedroom.

Nomads Auckland

Auckland, New Zealand

would recommend, good location & nice hostel...if Base is booked out stay here

St Christopher's Village

close to london bridge, good hostel for London...