• Switzerland, All Female Group, 41+
Oak Hostel Zen, Tokyo, Japan
22nd Apr 2015

Very nice and modern hostel. Double room was a bit small. We booked a standard room, which turned to be what they call a mini double. Just check the labels carefully. But was clean and we got towels and bathrobes too. Good location and quiet. Nice lobby, bathrooms and kitchen. Really good place.

• Switzerland, All Female Group, 41+
Uoiwa Ryokan, Kyoto, Japan
11th Apr 2015

very nice hotel. We loved the Japanese style room. Nice big bathroom (unusual for Japan) and very good location. Can definitely recommend this place.

Island Vibe Port Elizabeth, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
8.0
12th Mar 2013

Ashanti Lodge Gardens, Cape Town, South Africa
7.7
4th Mar 2013

You do have a lovely place and all was nice. Except that during our 5 nights there we could hardly sleep. There is a nice sign asking people not to make noise after midnight. But every night between 2 and 5 there was party. Drunk people dive bombing, singing, shouting and all. We asked them to be quiet, but they don't care. Especially since one of them was working at your bar!! Reception staff didn't seem to care about it either

I am so sorry to hear that Barbara. I so wish that I had known about this before because as the manager I would definitely have put a stop to such behaviour. I would appreciate it if you could email me the description of the barperson so I can ascertain who it was and take disciplinary action. However - for future reference please note that we have a quieter hostel in Green Point and our guest houses are very quiet. Regards, Lisa

Port Inn, Haifa, Israel
2nd Sep 2012

Great Stay. thank you very much!

Tel Aviv Beachfront Hostel, Tel Aviv, Israel
7.7
1st Sep 2012

Lybeer Travellers' Hostel, Bruges, Belgium
7.1
28th Apr 2012

My single room had just been renovated and was really nice! Lounge and dining area is very cosy and cute. Kitchen is a big disappointment though. Not a place you really can cook in or do much else for that matter. I think once the renovations are done it's going to be really nice. The only thing is, the walls are very thing and I could hear everything that was going on outside my room. Luckily everyone was very respectful and after 11pm it was quiet.

� Kitchen is scheduled for renovation in August '12. The current kitchen might be old and basic, but stating that it can't be used at all is not true, since people are cooking their meals every single day there. There's 2 electric cooking plates, a microwave, an oven, a water boiler, a sink and a dishwasher. But thank you for your comment.