Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 28

Goodmorning Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Very pleasant and convenient hostel. The private room up in the loft was very nice, and contained a living area, as well as bedroom and bathroom. The decor is interesting and certainly gives the place some atmosphere. Staff were all professional and helpful.

• 31st May 2014

Sleep in Heaven

Copenhagen, Denmark

Two things: 1. They need a kitchen for guests. Copenhagen is a very expensive city so it sucks to not be able to cook meals for yourself 2. They need an intercom in the annex building so that guests there can communicate with reception. Twice I had problems in the middle of the night and would have had to walk down the road 100m in my pajamas in the freezing cold of scandinavian night in order to speak to reception

• 6th May 2014

Hotel Tyrolis

Innsbruck, Austria

This was a beautiful hotel full of character. I didn't realise when I booked it that it was in Zirl, not Innsbruck, but that's my fault for not having done my research properly. I had a great night there. Really affordable for what you get!

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Globetrotter

This was a beautiful hostel with beautiful facilities and I really can't fault anything that the hostel has control over. A great part about this hostel was the super fast wifi - the fastest that I've had so far in almost 5 months of travelling. The one downside for me was that the atmosphere at the hostel wasn't very friendly, definitely not the sort of place that you will meet people and make friends. Too many family groups travelling together, also not many English speakers. Otherwise perfect

• 19th Apr 2014

Youthhostel Geneva

Geneva, Switzerland

The hostel was great and I met lots of nice people. Good location and clean. The day time staff were friendly and pleasant, however the nighttime staff were not. Several of the guests noticed this and it was discussed between us. This was a shame as otherwise the hostel was perfect.

• 17th Apr 2014

Oops Design Hostel

Paris, France

Lack of a kitchen was a problem. Beds were extremely narrow and uncomfortable and the top bunks did not have a railing, so I slept very badly feeling like I was going to fall off all night. Worst "included breakfast" that I've had so far in Europe (one croissant and one small bread roll per person). I was also a bit uncomfortable by the fact that i was in a mixed dorm but there were no other females. In all of my other mixed dorms there has been at least one other female.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Globetrotter

Your review does not reflect the truth: there is a kitchen with hot plaques and pans and cooking tools. Our free breakfast includes fruit muesli, chocolate cereal, wide range of teas, coffee, hot chocolate, juice, apart from our freshly made bread rolls and croissants with jam and butter and no conservatives -- your review does not correspond to that. And mixed dorms are mixed; if you chose this you should be prepared to this kind of situation. We can only be sorry about this review.

Gallery Hyde Park

Nice place, friendly staff, very clean. 8 bed female dorm was extremely overcrowded though with nowhere for 8 people to put their suitcases

• 10th Apr 2014

YHA London Central

There was a homeless man staying here one night. He was begging other guests for money and drinking beer Needs more bathrooms and some decor to add character. It would be a great place to stay if you were looking for something like a cheap hotel, but otherwise I wouldn't recommend it because it's quite bleak except in the downstairs reception area. The hostel was understaffed and it always took ages for even the simplest thing to be achieved at the reception desk.

• 14th Jan 2012

Cat and Moose Backpackers Lodge

Cape Town, South Africa

i LOVE this place and still miss the people several weeks after leaving.

• 19th Dec 2011

Wildebeest Eco Camp

Nairobi, Kenya

There was one staff member who was quite rude. I booked the buffet dinner but was not told that it was cancelled. I was still charged for the buffet, despite just being given a plate of food that I could have just ordered off the a la carte menu for a much cheaper price. My tent was run down and needed some maintenance work. This was disappointing as i was paying for a luxury tent, a significant expense for me because i wanted a few nights in relative luxury. Guests were very nice.

• 16th Dec 2011

Twisted Palms Lodge

Zanzibar, Tanzania

I thought that I would be staying much closer to the beach (in the main compound rather than up the hill in the forest). I felt a bit unsafe at night knowing that I was the only person in that part of the lodge. Very friendly staff, lovely location

• 12th Dec 2011

Jambo Inn

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

Really great place, very friendly and helpful staff

• 10th Dec 2011

Amber Tree Lodge Backpackers

Cape Town, South Africa

• 9th Dec 2011

Moafrika Backpackers

Johannesburg, South Africa

Very welcoming and fun place to stay. Not in the centre of Johannesberg, but that's actually a good thing because I felt much safer in this area. Staff were very warm and accommodating

• 17th Nov 2011

Billabong Gardens

Sydney, Australia

The room was really dirty. I had heaps of junk in it from previous guests and the only cleaning was emptying the rubbish bin and replacing the toilet paper. The bathroom had some sort of mould on the walls and in the cupboard above the sink. The bed was also very hard to climb into (upper bunk) as the security lockers (too small for anything wider than a suit bag) had been placed to block most of the ladder to the top bunk.

Portsburgh Court

Edinburgh, Scotland

This place has lots of potential - great location and nice rooms. Some problems: - My towel was very dirty, and my bed linen also felt dirty. - Occasionally there were no staff members on the premises. This was problematic as the swipe entry key cards only worked periodically. The managers expected guests to be able to call for assistance (and even to call before arrival) = lots of roaming call charges! - The key to my door often didn't work, and the door didn't lock automatically.

Annex Copenhagen

Copenhagen, Denmark

Location convenient, but frightening at night for a lone female traveller since it's in the middle of the red light district. Room lacked character but functional. Wifi costs extra and is expensive and staff very rude when I asked about this.

Inn-Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Very welcoming and friendly. Only downside was that the location wasn't very central and it was a bit hard to get to with the S-Bahn trains closed for repairs. Otherwise, i'd highly recommend this place.

Vintage Boutique Hostel

Paris, France

Anvers is a long way out of town, and it was a bit frightening arriving late at night. Otherwise good - free wifi very fast, paid internet extremely expensive

Agora BCN

Barcelona, Spain

This place was not only student accommodation - it was filled with very young students, including a group of high-school boys on soccer camp. As a result, it was very noisy, especially at night. On my final night my neighbours had a trance music room party and the staff at the desk seemed amused when i asked them to intervene.

This was the best accommodation that I have ever experienced in Paris. The staff were lovely and welcoming, especially the English speaking girl. Was only a 5 minute walk from Gare de Lyon, in a nice area. Although internet didn't work there is free wifi at mcdonalds, so this wasn't an issue. Thank you Paris Hotel!

Ace Hotel (Kensington)

the instructions on how to get there from west kensington tube station were incorrect. need to turn at second left; not next left. as a result i ended up walking for 45 with my heavy luggage looking for the hostel. common areas full of character, but rooms plain.

YHA London Earls Court

Location was excellent but the guests weren\'t by and large particularly friendly. The rooms were clean, but the bathrooms weren\'t always clean and the toilet had trouble flushing. I was booked into an all-female dorm and on the final night I arrived back at the dorm at midnight and there was a man staying in there. I informed the staff and they were helpful promptly moving the man out, but he really shouldn\'t have been put in an all-female dorm in the first place.

Wildebeest Eco Camp

Nairobi, Kenya

A really beautiful place. I would go back to Nairobi just to stay there. I did not see the rooms in the house, but I would thoroughly recommend the tents, as they are very clean, comfortable and charismatic. I would also recommend that you print out the map, otherwise it's very difficult to find, as not many people have heard of it.

Green Mango Inn

Manila, Philippines

the staff here are so lovely and accommodating. I stayed here twice and both times and each time they went to great lengths to make me comfortable. location isn't ideal, but is do-able if you don't mind using public transport (difficult to find non-airport taxis that will do the trip)

Thanks so much to our Australian guests for your stay, your good cheer, your kind words about our young English-speaking staff and also for your frank comments. On the location, true public transport is very easy 24-hours, but we apologize if our staff didn't tell you we can help you call taxis anytime 24-hours daily by phone. We are in a secure, gated and exclusive area within the city and Metro Manila, so taxis couldn't pass our street and true you couldn't find them. In fact, taxis coming to the neighborhood have to leave taxi driver's driver license at security guards at the gates, because Green Mango Inn is in a safe, secure area. This neighborhood of BF Homes is lively, full of restos, bars, cafes, entertainment and other places, all inside a secure, gated, clean area with no pickpockets, beggars, etc. We chose to have Green Mango Inn here for the 24-hours safety, fun and cleanliness of all our many international tourists. For non-airport taxis, please ask from our staff and we shall call them for you anytime everyday. Although we are a small inn, not a big full-service hotel, we still want to offer you our sincere and personalized service and welcome. Aside from meeting other international travellers, tourists, students or backpackers, our staff are also friendly and shall try our best to make your stay comfortable and fun. By the way, our staff recently climbed the coconut trees in our gardens, to bring down delicious coconuts for some European guests to eat and drink. If you want to try coconuts or mangos or even vegetables from our organic garden, please tell our staff. Again, thank you very much to our Australian guests and new friends. Hope to welcome you again here. Life is an exciting journey, enjoy your travels, smile always, live life to the fullest! Warmest best regards from the owner and all the staff of Green Mango Inn :)

Chocolate Box Backpackers

Taipei, Taiwan

Overall, a very nice place- friendly people and spacious room. There were only two bathrooms, and only one had a toilet (although the other one had a washing machine instead, although note that the clothes line is on the smokers\' balcony). Beware that you can only pay in cash. And also make sure to print out the map, because otherwise it is very difficult to find initially.

International Budget Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I didn\'t like this place. The bed made me itchy and it was very noisy at night, so not good if you actually wanted to sleep. The lights didn\'t work in my friend\'s room. The toilet wouldn\'t flushed and became blocked during the night.

Sleep Well Youth Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

i stayed in a single room and the atmosphere of it reminded me of a prison cell