Five Reasons Hostel

Nuremberg, Germany

Hostel is very centrally located. Close to the train station, close to the old city center. It is very easy to find. Rooms are very spacious and clean, staff is nice and helpful.

• 6th Dec 2013

Apartments & rooms Stella

Dubrovnik, Croatia

The house is in a nice area a bit above the city. It's a bit tricky to find (near a tunnel). Use your navigation tool to search house #10 and then walk down the stairs. There's a free public parking not too far away. The owners are nice people and are fluent in English. However, the lady enters the appartment day and night to turn off the AC if you put it on 22 °C or lower.

• 16th Aug 2013

Hostel Shappy

Zagreb, Croatia

Hostel is very centrally located and has a parking nearby which is included in the price. Our room had AC and a private bathroom, so no complains :-)

• 13th Aug 2013

HOTELO

Lyon, France

Nice hotel and excellent host. Hotel is situated just opposite the train station (Lyon Perrache) and is in walking distance from the old town. Breakfast is nice as well (has to be ordered additionally at arrival). Room was nice and they even put an extra bed into the 3-bed-room so each of us had his own bed (1 double, 2 single beds).

• 9th May 2013

Tai Derm Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

I booked a room with a/c. When I arrived they gave me a room with a/c but the remote control didn’t work. It was possible to turn on the a/c but it was way to cold to sleep in the room with a/c running and way to hot without. The staff hardly speaks English so it was really difficult to explain them the problem and it seemed they didn’t bother. I had to fight for another room. No map and explanations of sights available and neither is common room. Shower and cleanliness were ok thou.

• 27th Mar 2013

Rosy Guest House

Siem Reap, Cambodia

The staff of the hostel, especially Kunthea, is really great. They are eager to help, explain what kind of tours to Angkor Wat you can do, give you a map with sights on etc. The hostel was very clean and the food they offer in the restaurant was very tasty. Only negative point: there was not pressure on the pipes, so taking a shower or using the toilet on the upper floors was not possible. I could use the one’s on the ground floor instead, so no big problem.

• 25th Mar 2013
  • Austria

Thanks for your nice comments; we'll pass your regards onto Kunthea. We're currently working on the water pressure problem (a Siem Reap wide issue) installing holding tanks and several pumps to fill our three tanks so all bathrooms will have water as normal asap. Until then our ground floor bathroom is fully functional and available for any guests who have an issue (normally our shared bathroom rooms). Happy Travels. Rachel, on behalf of Rosy Guesthouse

NgocThao GuestHouse

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Staff was very nice and helpful. They booked a daytrip for me and organised bus tickets which were not the cheapest but on the other hand the trip to Phnom Penh worked out very well. Dorm room was ok, shower worked and I’d the location is good cause everything is in walking distance. They don’t offer breakfast, but a bakery is around the corner. A/C was not too cold in the dorm and I didn’t see any insects.

• 19th Mar 2013

Sunflower Hotel Hoi An

Hoi An, Vietnam

No real complains but not enthusiastic either. Cleanliness could have been better, the breakfast buffet, however, topped what I had in all other hostels. Old town is in walking distance (15 minutes) and if you take a bike you can be at the seaside within 20 minutes. Shower had not too much pressure but was ok, room had a/c and no problems with insects.

• 17th Mar 2013

Hue Backpackers Hostel

Hue, Vietnam

Hue backpackers is a place where you will definitely meet other travellers. They have an enclosed bar/pub on the first floor but no need to worry about sleeping: it closes at 11 p.m. so you will get some sleep. Staff is nice, they have maps prepared with the most important things on. Room had A/C and shower worked ok. No problems with mosquitoes or other animals.

• 16th Mar 2013

Hanoi Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

The staff of the hostel, especially the owner, is really great. They are eager to help, explain what kind of tours you can do, give you a map with sights on etc. The room had A/C and fan. Shower had pressure, so no problem with showers. As for the cleanliness: they cleaned the dorm room during the 4 days I stayed there but I had the feeling they did not clean the bathroom. As for the breakfast lady: I always had the feeling she was pissed when someone came to get breakfast.

• 11th Mar 2013

Deejai Backpacker

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Nice hostel with excellent staff. The owner is British and he knows a lot about the area and what you can do there. The hostel is quite big so you will meet a lot of travellers there. I was glad I had a room with a/c as it was really hot there in March. Only negative aspect: they don’t give you toilet paper, you need to bring by yourself.

• 8th Mar 2013

The Garden House

Sukhothai, Thailand

The hostel is nice and clean and the staff eager to help. Furthermore they have some kind of common area where you can meet other travellers. It’s easy to go to the main sights of the town by bus. Only negative comment: they did not always have toilet paper so I was glad I had some with me.

• 6th Mar 2013

Somjai Place Ayutthaya

Ayutthaya, Thailand

The hotel is situated not far from the main sights of the city. However, I strongly recommend to TAKE A BIKE, even if only for half a day. Had a room with AC, which was fine. Only problem: when I came home around midnight, I found 2 big cockroaches in my room. When I complained about it the next day, the management immediately moved me to another room. Felt clean and safe there. The place is more a hotel than a hostel, so don’t expect a party place and common rooms etc.

• 4th Mar 2013

Tai Derm Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

The hostel is situated not directly at Khao San road but a few meters down a small lane which is good cause you can’t hear the noise of Khao San road. On the other hand I didn’t like the fact that the staff there does not speak English. Furthermore you normally need a key card to have access to the area where the rooms are. However, whenever I came back from sightseeing in the afternoon, the door into the area where the rooms are was open. So I am not sure what they have the security system for.

• 2nd Mar 2013

City Hostel Krakow

Krakow, Poland

Location of the hostel couldn't be better. Less than 5 minutes from train station and about 5 minutes to the market square. Stuff was very nice. Especially Natalia was always eager to answer questions and to help out with informatin. Breakfast was good, they offer a buffet. As for noise: the walls are very thin. If someone was running on the floor or even talking loud in the other room you could hear it. As heating system was not turned on it was damned cold but they help with extra blankets.

• 5th Oct 2012

Corner Hostel

Wroclaw, Poland

Staff of Corner Hostel was really great. Always nice and eager to share information and help in case of questions. The location of the hostel is also great. By foot 20 min. from the train station but easy to find and directly at the entrance to the old town. Rooms were ok. What I did not like was that it was damned cold in the room during the night. I needed 4 blankets in order not to freeze. Breakfast was ok. Showers were clean.

• 21st Sep 2012

Midtown Hostel

Gdansk, Poland

The hostel is not hard to find if you know that the entrance is in the inner courtyard. The hostel is very clean and the area is silent. However, all the sights and partyplaces are close by. The walls in the hostel are not very thick, meaning you can hear if people in the next room are talking load but the hostel offers ear plugs :-) Breakfast was good, showers were very beautiful. Only pitty: it was hard for me to get to know people but that might be due to my sightseeing schedule.

• 24th Aug 2012

Ink Hostel

Poznan, Poland

I had a very nice stay, thank you Rafal.

• 20th Jul 2012

HI - Faro Youth Hostel

Faro, Portugal

I just used the hostel to sleep there as I came to Faro late in the evening and had to take an early flight the next morning. Therefore I only was interested in a bed and a shower. The hostel had both :-) Can't tell anything about the hostel besides that.

• 19th May 2012

Oporto Invictus Hostel

Porto, Portugal

VERY friendly and welcoming host, very nice atmosphere at the hostel and VERY clean. description for the way to the hostel was not really good but we finally found it and from then on everything was fine.

• 17th May 2012
  • Austria

thank you so much!!!! :))))

B&B Villa Melchiorre

Milan, Italy

Location of the hotel was excellent, very close to the train station. The staff was very friendly, speaking English, Spanish and even a bit German. I had a private 2 bed room together with my GF. Room was cleaned every day, like in a hotel. Breakfast was better than in some hotels that I've been to. Only thing I missed: the hair dryer was broken!

• 7th Apr 2012

La Casona Real Cozumel

Cozumel, Mexico

I stayed in the hotel while doing a diving course. The location of the hostel is very nice. Just around the corner there's a supermarket where, there are restaurants and it's not too far to the sea. The hotel was clean (cleaning every day), equpiment of the room was good and the price was ok.

• 8th Jul 2011

Pirate Hostel

Campeche, Mexico

Very nice hostel. Good situated. No mosquitos in the dorms (only in the PC area). I got a good explanation about where in the city I can find what was important to me. When I arrived at about 3:00 in the morning it was tricky to make my bed cause there were 2 people sleeping already and I did not want to wake them up. In other hostels in such a case my bed was made for me. If you can: go there on a Saturday when Marcos is working. Marcos was VERY helpful and friendly and even showed me around.

• 1st Jul 2011

Locanda Latina

Florence, Italy

+) The hostel is situated between the train station (4 min) and the centre of the old town (5 min) (excellent)! -) No kitchen available (cooking not possible). -) No check-in during the day and no person from the hostel available during that time. You\\\'ll get your own key but after check out (11 a.m.) you can\\\'t get inside again which was not comfortable cause our train left at night and we had to take the luggage with us all day long!!