Reviews: elminthebreeze1040

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 33

Jacob's Home

Amsterdam, Netherlands

We thoroughly enjoyed our time at Jacob's Home apartment! This was our fourth time to Amsterdam, and this was our favorite place to stay. We loved having our own apartment, especially such a nice one. The only "quirk" is the bathroom is on the first floor, and the bedroom is on the third. But, it actually didn't bother us at all. It was well worth it for the price, the great location, and that awesome patio! =)

Anjali Inn

Mumbai, India

I don't know if it was because it was Diwali or what, but we had serious problems with the support staff. One of the guys tried to charge us 100 rupees for the FREE internet to tell us the code. (It's only $2, but it's just the principle.) We informed him that online it says it's free, and he backed off. We booked their driver, who kept trying to force us to go to his "friend's shop" so he could get a commission. Then, the front desk guy tried to get in on the action! Very frustrating and sad.

Subh Laxmi Guest House

Varanasi, India

Varanasi can be a crazy town, but the Subh Laxmi Guesthouse is a real oasis in the city. The roof top terrace is especially nice. The wife cooks for the restaurant, and she's a talented lady! =) We didn't even bother eating anywhere else on the trip, because it was so relaxing up there on the roof top with the nice, home-cooked food, and chatting with the fun staff members.

Mystique Moments

New Delhi, India

We had a fantastic time at Mystique Moments! Dr. Malik and his whole family are exceptional hosts. No question went unanswered, and they never tired of helping us. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we ended up extending our stay, and booking a tour of the Rajasthan area with them (which was both wonderful and really well priced). We look forward to returning to New Delhi, and we wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else -- Mystique Moments is it!

Banilah

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Great staff and great cats! =) Between the six of them (two gals running the lobby, and four cats) we felt very welcome and well looked after. As some have mentioned, it's outside of the city center. But, that can be a good thing as it's quieter at night (better sleep). They have drivers on call, all of whom were very nice and honest. The only thing we'd change is the beds were very hard, even for SE Asia. A memory foam mattress pad would be make this place perfect.

Roof View Place

Bangkok, Thailand

The good features about this hotel are it's got a good location to walk to Khao San Rd., as well as several other tourist sites; and, the free breakfast is really good, too. The only problem we had is the street noise is really, really loud. I could even hear it through my ear plugs. If you're not a light sleeper, it's a pretty good choice.

Happy Guest House

Siem Reap, Cambodia

The staff at the guesthouse is great, including all of the tuk-tuk drivers. It's a great, one-stop-shop for hotel, restaurant, and tour booking. (The one thing I'd advise against booking is the 8AM bus to Bangkok. They were AWFUL. It's not Happy Guest House's fault, as they're not affiliated with the company. Just book through a different bus company in town.) =) Otherwise, the tours and the food were really good. The walls are a bit thin, so bring earplugs -- nothing unmanageable, though.

Eighty8 Phnom Penh

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

The pool and bar area are definitely the selling point of this place. It was off-season when we went; but, I can definitely see how it would be quite the party during high season. Wi-fi only works down in that area, but that's where all of the fun is, anyway. It's a good place to meet people.

Vy Khanh Hostel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

We very much enjoyed our time at Vy Khahn Hostel. The whole family who runs the place is great, and are very helpful. It's also one of the cleanest places we've ever stayed. As some people mentioned, it's a bit tricky to find. Just follow the directions they give you very carefully, and you'll be fine. =) The location is great -- walking distance to most of the major sites.

Dear Guests, Thank you for your comment. We love to seeing you again. Warm regards, Your Vy Khanh Guesthouse :)

Little Hanoi Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

We had a great time at Little Hanoi Hotel! The staff really makes this place. They are so helpful, and they have great advice about getting around the city (as well as how much you should be paying for things). We would definitely recommend Little Hanoi Hotel, and would stay there again should we return to Hanoi. Enjoy your stay!

I went with my husband and my cousin, and we stayed in a three bed, studio apartment. (We actually got a free upgrade since they had already rented out the standard, three bed rooms.) =) We LOVED this place. The location is perfect (right next to one of the main public transportation stations), and the mood/vibe is wonderful for meeting people, or for a quiet night with your own group. If we end up back in Berlin in our travels, we'll definitely stay at Baxpax Downtown again!

Bloembed B&B

Amsterdam, Netherlands

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon, and absolutely loved it. The owners were so friendly, and were very helpful in sharing their knowledge of the city, its culture, and things to do. We can\'t recommend it highly enough! =)

Mary's Hotel

Paris, France

Reading some of the earlier comments, I was a little nervous going to the hotel. But, let me be frank: There is no way you'll find another hotel with as many good qualities about it at this price level. Mary's Hotel was clean, had a great location, had friendly & English-speaking staff, wonderful public transportation just outside the door, and yet it was very quiet. Whenever my husband & I return to Paris, we will definitely use Mary's Hotel again. It's a great value for the price.

Base St Kilda

Melbourne, Australia

This place is like a luxury hotel for hostel travellers. =) My boyfriend and I rented a Private room. Even though it was just above the bar, we never heard any of the bar noise. They have something fun going on every night, and tons of tours that you can book right at the front desk. We would definitely stay here again -- and probably take more advantage of all of the services they offer.

Victor Lodge Bed & Breakfast

Canberra, Australia

The staff was absolutely superb. They bent over backwards to help us out. The free continental breakfast was a wonderful treat since we stayed in hostels the whole trip -- we definitely took advantage of it. This place also had the cleanest bathrooms. To be honest, we didn\'t care for Canberra in general. But, if you have to go there for whatever reason, we\'d absolutely recommend the Victor Lodge. It definitely was a great deal!