YHA Liverpool

Liverpool, England

I was pleased to be put into a smaller dorm that I'd booked. Not sure why it happened, I think it was because the people staying in the bigger dorm hadn't stuck to their bed allocation. However, room 102 is extremely smelly. It wasn't the people staying at the time. I think the carpets need a good clean. I suspect someone has thrown up on the carpet at sometime and it was just wiped up instead of being properly cleaned. It is really very unpleasant. In addition, the shower doesn't really work.

Sopha House

Luang Prabang, Laos

I was really grateful to them for letting me have a room at 6.30 in the morning when I arrived on the overnight bus. It wasn't the room I'd booked. It was a double but they didn't charge me anymore. The room itself was in need of decoration, everything is a bit tired. The location is fantastic, being on the river and walkable to the rest of the town. They also have bikes fo rent.

We've to appologize you . That day ,you arrived here very early. Surely,we've keep standard twin bed room for you. But our staff try to present you to double bed room because it able to stay suddenly. He thought may be guest 'd like to bath or relax or others. If he told you about check - in time 13.00 ,except it's available early. It may be not misunderstand. However,I'm so sorry if you received unconvenience.

Marmara Guesthouse

Istanbul, Turkey

Everything is really very nice. Nice breakfast, lovely terrace. All well-organised and clean. The only thing I would say is that I had one of the rooms with a view that you pay extra for and it was right under the breakfast terrace so every morning I was woken up far earlier than I would have liked whe nthe terrace was swept and got ready for breakfast. It might be better if they didn't charge extra for this room.

Marble Arch Inn

Everything was a described in their details. Small but cleverly laid-out room gave us everything we needed for a one night stay after the ballet. Location was perfect for us, which is why I chose it. Friendly and efficient people on reception.

We had a really nice quiet room off the road with a great hot shower. There was a good breakfast, plenty to eat (coffee could have been hotter). The location is perfect and they were extremely welcoming and helpful. Highly recommended!

Fleur de Lis Rome

Rome, Italy

This is a really lovely B&B. Highly recommended if you want to visit the Vatican as it is only a few minutes walk down the road. Beautifully decorated and clean. Antonio and Nadia were very helpful. Breakfast was good too. Only little moan - wireless was promised but I couldn't get a connection because hte signal was too weak.

Hotel Bertha

Paris, France

The location is great.

Sunny Sanya Family Inn

Sanya, China

Very helpful and friendly staff. The owner Caddy, is great. They offered me a room with a sea view but there was music coming from the bars on that side of the hostel, so she let me change room. She gave me my money back without a quibble when something went wrong with a trip I booked (it wasn't their fault) and she offered to let me keep my room well after checkout time because I had a late flight. This is 5 star service. Much appreciated!

The Beach House

Qingdao, China

This is a great place to stay. It probably used to be a hotel so the rooms are large and there are big comfy beds. It is just across the road from the beach and very near the old town so perfect. The staff are really genuinely helpful and friendly.

This is a really nice hostel. The staff could not have been more helpful. The walls of the room were a bit damp but the bathrrom was great, lots of hot water and fantastic towels.

thx for your comments.we will improve all of things in our hostel.

This hostel does not check its Hostelworld.com bookings so when I arived I had to have a big discussion with the staff about the deposit I had paid. If you speak Chinese you will be fine but they didn't seem interested in helping me, even though they have staff who speak some English. The location is good though. There is a Parkson shopping centre opposite with a supermarket, useful if you are going trekking. There is a cafe on the 5th floor of the centre if you need coffee. It is worth a visit anyway. The decor is unbelievable. The beds of the hostel are the usual hard things but seem clean enough but otherwise the hostel has seem better days.

This place is new. The couple running it are lovely and cannot do enough to help you. They are lovely. The beds are great - no bunks, big beds, nice clean linen. If you are fussy about bathrooms, you might not like it here.

This hostel is a victim of its own success. Either that or they have been writing their own reviews. It is a money making machine. They are really only interested in getting you on tours and they charge a lot for them.

Red Lantern House

Beijing, China

The staff are great. The food is good. Great Western style breakfast if you need a change. And REAL coffee made fresh from an espresso machine.