Reviews: slaterino4729

Age: 31

Ocara Hostel

Manaus, Brazil

I ended up getting stranded in Manaus for 4-5 days so spent a good bit of time at the hostel, especially as I had no money! The owners Fabio and Jeremy are top blokes and it was always good to talk to them. They always did what they could to help out, which was great. I'd say the best things about this hostel are the owners, the location and the price. The hostel could be cleaner, but as there were having problems finding a good cleaner while I was there, maybe that's the problem.

• 24th Jun 2013

Slow Hostel

Joao Pessoa, Brazil

I loved my stay at Slow Hostel. Marina was an amazing host, always trying to make sure everyone was happy and knew what Joao Pessoa had to offer. Her mum was awesome too! There is very little that I could complain about really, just a great place, and great people!

• 12th Jun 2013

Arsenal Tavern Hostel

I was all set to give this hostel a good review but when I checked-out, 30 minutes past checkout time (it'd been a long night!), I was told that the hostel was keeping my key deposit. For me this reflects badly on them, they've set the prices low to get the customers but then do things like this to try and make as much money back as they can. They need to change the name from key deposit to late checkout penalty charge rather than having such a shifty way of getting money from their customers!

• 19th Jul 2012

Thanks for staying with us & also for your comments. At the time of check in every guest is given a Welcome Note with key information & basic rules & regulations of the hostel. Also late check out can be pre arranged with the member of staff at the reception.