Bahaus Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Fantastically nice, genuinely warm, and helpful staff. Great activities of all types.

Great service. They gave me ride to the bus station early in the morning without charge, which was great. Very friendly atmosphere. Be forewarned, you'll have quite a hike up hill from main square to get here though.

Dink's Place

Hvar, Croatia

Had a great stay here. Dink is awesome. Place is quite a hike up the hill from main square, but my room had view of the ocean and balcony, which is very nice for a hostel. We also had a BBQ, which was great. Highly recommend this hostel even though it is a lil ways from main center of town.

Pfefferbett Hostel

Berlin, Germany

No air conditioning and room was at least 90-100 degrees. Be aware to always inquire about air conditioning in these places when traveling in summer months. Like a sauna. We had to leave at 6 am to go to another hotel it was so intolerable. But bar area is cool and opened all night.

Oasis Hostel Toledo

Toledo, Spain

Great staff. Extremely helpful. Very nice vibe. Good location and lots of great eats nearby. Room pretty nice, but a little small for four people.

Way Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Common areas are cool and there is always stuff going on. Good location near Peurto del Sol. Rooms are disgusting though. I got bites all over my body from just one night here, likely bed bugs. Place smelled like body odor. Definitely most disgusting hostel I´ve stayed in with regards to the rooms in three weeks in Spain. Would not recommend.

Kiwipaka Waitomo

Waitomo, New Zealand

Very nice scenary around hostel. The only thing I didn't like is how they charge you for linens. 2 dollars. Other than that, nice hostel. Bar right around corner as well as convenience store within walking distance. A decent pizza place is also attached. Food is not really that good, but nice ambience and good music.