Reviews: jansend

Age: 29

Criterion Art Deco Backpackers

Napier, New Zealand

Barely slept when a bunch of guys repeatedly came in and out of the room between midnight and 2am. After that they put on a movie in the 8 bed dorm at 2am. Not the fault of the hostel, but certainly was no effort to prevent it. Otherwise it's a pretty classy building and the staff were very helpful to me. Would consider staying again but in a smaller dorm with less people.

Around The World Backpackers

Christchurch, New Zealand

This is a small, well run hostel with a very social atmosphere and great staff. The place isn't fancy and rooms are a bit small, but the layout of the dining area and backyard is very good for meeting other travelers. Staff here are very helpful with just about everything and were really fun to hang out with as well. The place is kept quite clean and I'd recommend staying here!

Thanks for your review

Bahaus Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Great hostel!! They run events such as pub crawls at night which made meeting other travelers much easier. The staff are a riot, even though we had to drag the bar man to his bed one night haha. I had an excellent time here and my only regret is that I didn't stay longer in Istanbul. Keep up the great work Bahaus!

Great value for money. This is a big hostel that's not easy to meet people in as a solo traveler, but it's very well kept, clean and quiet in the rooms at night. My only complaint is that in the 8 person dorm, all of the bathroom facilities are in 1 room. Would be nice if the toilet and sink were separate to avoid so much waiting. Overall had a good stay!

Hostel One Home

Prague, Czech Republic

I rarely give a 100% rating, but this hostel deserves higher! I spent 4 excellent days here and this hostel made my stay in Prague completely awesome. The staff are amazing, chilled out and tons of fun. The free dinner and nightly events are a great way to bring everyone together and every night was a blast with all the staff and other guests. The hostel itself is a nice small size and has everything you need. If I ever return to Prague, there's no doubt I'll stay here again!

Stone Hotel & Hostel

Utrecht, Netherlands

A very nice hostel overall. The staff are very friendly and there's lots of free coffee and tea. I didn't find it to be an overly social hostel, but it was quite quiet if you need to sleep well. The rooms are a bit small, but comfortable. I'm not a big fan of the showers in the room though if you've got early rising roommates. Overall, nice place though and I'd certainly stay there again.

Budget Hotel Tourist Inn

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I was put in a single room in the back building, not the front one. When I arrived to the room, the hallway and room smelled awful and there was dust and debris from construction within the back building as well. It's quiet at night, bit I was awoken at 7am by loud construction within the building below me. Staff entered my room 2X before I got up too. The toilet and shower seemed clean but had a nauseating chemical smell. I think the whole back bldg should be closed until construction is done.

Flying Pig Uptown

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great location, great breakfast, very helpful staff! The room is a little cramped but that's normal for Amsterdam. Would certainly return!

Hi, Thank you for your comments! We're really happy that enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon! Cheers - The Flying Pig Uptown

Hlemmur Square

Reykjavik, Iceland

Very clean hostel and very well laid out. It was pretty empty since it was winter so not a whole lot of socializing. The bed was very comfortable, and no charge for blankets. Staff generally helpful except one guy gave poor directions to the bus station when I was leaving. Luckily the other lady at the desk set me on the right path before I left.

Nice quiet place, clean too. Not exciting or fun, but perfect for a good cheap night's sleep.

wooooooooooo