Location: New Zealand, Gender: Female, Age: 31

Otello Deluxe Hostel

Pompei, Italy

This place is in a great location from the train station and the ruins and town. However I booked a female 6 bed dorm which apparently doesn't exist, that was fine but placed into a room that was infested with bed bugs. I couldn't sleep there wondered around until I found somewhere else in the hostel to sleep. When I told the staff in the morning they didn't seem suprised and I'm pretty sure the room was made back up and nothing done about the bed bugs in there. Be aware.

USA Hostels Hollywood

Los Angeles, USA

Suits your needs. They have information and facilities you require. Like shuttle to airport or beach for reasonable prices. Breakfast is awesome. Luggage storage available if you arrive early/leave late. Only problem I had was the location of things within the hostel wasn't explained on arrival I.e where the lounge or bathrooms were. Staff otherwise very helpful. Lockers available in room and close to metro.

Sai Palace

Agra, India

Location was great, quick walk to taj and view from upstairs balcony. Only stayed one night perfect for what we needed. Nice Room and bathroom. Food in restaurant is good, drinks can be ordered under title "big juice". If your after basic hotel in a good location for a short period this is perfect. You do have to fill out a million forms on arrival. If your coming from the airport the taxi costs around 750 rupees in a prepaid taxi. (no other option from the airport as its a military base)

Hotel Windsor Mumbai

Mumbai, India

The hostel is in a good location walkable to everything including the train station, it also offers a great tour of the slums for 650. Breakfast included but basic. The room was very expensive for what you get, dirty and bucket shower, shared toilet. Wifi only in reception 9am till 2pm then 5pm till 11sh I think. Only access is in reception so gets crowed at night. I suggest you check out oasis around the corner where our friend stayed. Better pricing and softer beds nice bathroom attached.

Greetings from Windsor As you are booking dorm and it is clearly mentioned they are with sharing toilet.... as we were telling our prewstige guest that we will come up with common room... and we made it so that u will not face any difficulty...... Hope to serve you again

Posada San Francisco

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Loved my stay. Full of solo backpackers so organized a few excursions of Puerto Rico together. The lady running the hostel is lovely and really willing to help you with everything. 22 dollars from the airport in a cab. Easy to walk around the old city. Good mattress, great view.

The hostel had overbooked the dorm rooms so we were upgraded to private room which was great after 24 hrs on a bus. The hostel organised lots of events and had a really good atmosphere (connected to Misti chill) which is next door. The german girl who works there was awesome she organised so much and seemed to really care about the hostel and the backpackers. Thanks for a great stay would def recommend you stay here. Great location to hop over the road to the beach.

Charm Iguassu Suites

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

DO NOT STAY HERE. The staff were rude and the price advertised on hostelworld is not the price the hostel wants you to pay. We booked a four bed room for $15 US dollars for the whole room and were charged $15 dollars per bed. The owner said it was hostelworld's fault, we have complained to hostelworld but are still awaiting a reply 4 days later. I would recommend staying in Argentina as it is cheaper and visit both sides of the falls.

Lagoa Hostel

Florianopolis, Brazil

Lagoa hostel is in a reasonable location for Lagoa for pubs, resteraunts and easy to get buses to the beaches. The staff put on alot of events for the hostel but quite pushy on everyone participating. We had read about a free transfer to the station which costs 35 r in a taxi, but were told that this had to be pre booked and the staff were quite rude about dealing with this issue, we were however given a taxi voucher which was appreciated. Breakfast is good value.

Dear Jacqueline: If you had read properly, you would have noticed that it says "FREE PICK UP" with a minimum of 2 nights. But you started to demand to be dropped at the bus station few hours before your departure, after just having stayed for ONE NIGHT. As a favour, and because you didnt seem to understand our explanations, we gave you money EQUIVALENT TO THE AMMOUNT OF MONEY YOU PAID TO STAY FOR ONE NIGHT, so you could take a taxi to the station. We made no profit whatsoever, you basically, had accommodation and transportation for free.

Hostal Licanantay

Valparaiso, Chile

Great hostel in good location. Owner is pretty chilled back and put on a bbq for new years. Great lot of people staying there. Lots of fun and very clean. Beds were great!

El Yoyo

Valparaiso, Chile

The hostel was in a good location, however on the first night I got bites from the bed. The staff were really good about it changed my all my sheets and i didn´t get any the second night. If your looking for something cheaper, its all you need when visiting the city.

Las Vegas Hostel

Las Vegas, USA

Man i loved it! Out of the main strip, but the vibe of the hostel makes up for it. Organised events, awesome ppl, awesome for single travellers. But be warned its one of those places once you get there, you may never want to leave.

Gallery Inn Hotel

Washington DC, USA

The room i recieved was right beside the metro which was great. Was only there one night. Clean, not a huge backing feel about the placed but does the job. The room i was in was like a studio room also which was good. Alot of money tho, but thats washington.

HI - Washington DC Hostel

Washington DC, USA

Holds the same high standards as other hi-hostels. If you are not a member it will cost more on arrival. I found it quite expensive overall to stay. But there are organised events which are good, free tours. Lots of free stuff to do in Washington. Clean, safe. close to everything. Megabus just two blocks from hostel 2.

Jacqueline: Thanks for all of the high praise. I, too, believe that HI meets the high standards expected, but I am a bit biased. Thanks for the review! ~ Mark Schneider, General Manager HI-DC

Montreal Central

Montreal, Canada

I stayed here twice easy access from metro/bus station. First time i was in a room downstairs they are tiny and cramped feels like a dungon. But second time i was in room 114 and man it was awesome, had tv, great bathroom and quite a bit of space. The ppl in the room were quite good to. Breakfast is fantastic.

There is not much choice in Quebic city in regards to hostels. This hostel has the same high standards as other HI hostels which is great. However it doesn't promote a great interaction feel between guests it big, impersonal and costs quite a bit for one nights stay.But your there to see the city so just what u need.

Hostel California

Los Angeles, USA

The hostel was easy to get to from the airport so great for first time in L.A. The staff didn't seem to know a lot about the tours on offer or even how much they actually were. I stayed in the thirty bed dorm which was fine, tiny lockers mine located in an awkward place behind bunks. Overall good hostel, safe area, walking distance to beach, right on the big blue bus route.