Born Free Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

Good clean dorm and the air con in the room was amazing and very much needed! The location of the hostel is really good, and the Thai girl who runs it with her boyfriend was very sweet. The nighttime bike tour of the city wasn't on the night I stayed, which was a shame, but overall the hostel was good value and near to all the main sights without being right on top of the Khao San road.

Little Hanoi Diamond

Hanoi, Vietnam

A great hostel - clean, spacious dorm rooms with an en suite and flat screen TV in each one! Breakfast was included and the location was really central. Only complaint is the lack of a lift - it was 90 steps up to the room I stayed in! Would stay here again.

Hue Backpackers Hostel

Hue, Vietnam

A great hostel in a central location. The bar/ restaurant area is really good as they serve all sorts of food, do a happy hour on cocktails in the evenings and it's a really good area to meet people. If you want to rent a moped get one from outside though as the hostel is expensive for this. Would stay here again.

Sunflower Hotel Hoi An

Hoi An, Vietnam

A nice hostel - good rooms, computers, a pool and a bar/ restaurant, plus the staff are happy to help you book trains, buses and trips. Near the beach and there's also a free shuttle to take you further into the centre which is really helpful.

Mojzo inn

Nha Trang, Vietnam

The staff were incredibly friendly anc make a special effort to learn everyone's names. Plus I arrived before the checkout time and so my room wasn't ready, but when they saw how overheated and tired I was they made a special effort to get me into my room early which was really kind of them.

Riad Lila

Marrakech, Morocco

This hostel was absolutely great. It's literally 2 minutes walk from the central square so a perfect location. It's down a little dodgy-looking street, but when you get inside it's sooo pretty. The girls who work there were so lovely and accomodating, even giving us breakfast when we didn't emerge till midday! The room was gorgeous and really clean, and with 48 degrees outside, the AC and dipping pool were a godsend! We loved it and would definitely stay there again :-)

Blue Danube Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

We had a 3 bed private room which was in an apartment with 2 other rooms away from the main hostel, but it was exactly what we needed - our own space, cleah and comfy within walking distance of most stuff and near transport links. Sandor the owner was great; he picked us up and dropped us at the airport for a small fee and he gave us loads of information about what to see and do. Would def recommend for a group travelling together who don't need to meet many other travellers.

The staff speak some English but their knowledge of the area isn't very good...like how to get to the beach, which is actually 45 mins walk away. But the hostel itself is nice and clean and good value for money.

We are very sorry for the troubles! And we conducted a training for this matter, and led our staffs for an orientation around our hostel. It does take about 15 minutes by walking from our hostel to the beach (NO. 6th), though the path is a little bit complicated -- you have to walk though some very European style alleys! Another experience :-)

A really nice hostel - great location with easy internet access, a free pool table and a good menu. The aircon wasn't quite powerful enough though; with 6 people in our room we woke up a bit sweaty!

I reall enjoyed my stay here - Sanya is beautiful and this hostel is a great place to stay... really friendly people, close to the beach and good value for money. I would definitely stay here again.

Hong Kong Hostel

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The location of the hostel is excellent, especially as Causeway Bay was my favourite part of Hong Kong...great shops and atmosphere. But I thought this hostel was a bit scummy to be honest - very small and dingy rooms, although they do clean them every day. i was disappointed there was no communal area so it's hard to met anyone other than the people in your room, and there's only one computer for everyone. But i didn't go to any other hostels so i think maybe there are all of a similar standard in this area.