Reviews: louisehoneysett

Location England, Gender Female, Age 32

Urban House, Copenhagen, Denmark
7.7
4th Jun 2016

Pros: +Very close and easy to find from central station +Clean rooms, good communal areas +High tech security system Cons: - Extra charges to leave locker until (late-3pm) check in time - Noisy in road outside, making it hard to sleep

3rd Mar 2015

Such a beautiful hostel inside, worth staying just for that! Facilities were good, staff friendly and helpful, the food in the bar is tasty and good value. The free pick up from the station was also very welcome. Definitely recommend this place.

we are really appeciented abot your highly speaking ,it's our responsibility to provide conveniece for guests as much as possible ,and we hope other guests have the same feeing like you !

25th Feb 2015

I thoroughly recommend this hostel. It's well located near subway line 2 (exit G) and also lots of restaurants and cafés are along the same road. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. It was clean and had good facilities. But most importantly, for the price of a dorm you get your own private space, which means it's fantastic value for money.

Hello, and thank you for your comments. Our location is perfect for getting around Beijing. The dorm capsules offer a lot of privacy and the facilities are very clean. Our western cafe/bar is also a great place to meet new people. Guests can also meet the friendly long-stay guests who work or study. in Beijing. We offer some great tours here and can provide a free subway and tourist sites map when guests arrive. See you next time for another great value stay! Regards, ~The DRUM~

Hak's House, Siem Reap, Cambodia
5.4
23rd Feb 2015

When I got to Hak's House I was told that they didn't have any private rooms free (which is what I booked in advance), only dorms, and so they were moving me to their family guesthouse, I Win Villa. From reading other reviews on here I can see that they do this regularly. In my opinion, regardless of whether or not the alternative is acceptable (it was OK but my room was hot and stuffy and very dark, with only one very low watt light bulb), it is not fair to treat customers in this way.

The White Rabbit, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
7.4
25th Jan 2015

The location was good for restaurants and other hotels (although it's far from the main tourist area along the riverside). The staff were helpful. The room was fine and the bed reasonably comfortable, no problems with it, except that to access the room I was in you had to walk through another dorm, and neither door was kept locked, which is why I have rated security as poor. There were lockers on another floor, but I didn't bring my own padlock and the hostel didn't have any available.

Siam Journey Guesthouse, Bangkok, Thailand
20th Sep 2014

Although it's a bit tucked away the location is very central and near to useful transport links. My room was clean, had air con, and the area was quiet so I got a good night's sleep. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Only drawback was that my room didn't have a lock (there are lockers available in the hallway) and the door kept swinging open, and I felt a little insecure sleeping in a room with an open door. But the hostel as a whole felt very safe.

Thanks for the review. Safety of the guest is our priority. Since we opened, we never had any issues or complains about it. Nevertheless, we do apologies for the inconvenience with the door. As soon as we found the problem, we fixed it.

One Stop Hostel Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
12th Apr 2014

Great hostel in a good location for bars and restaurants along the river. The bedroom was comfortable, with air con, the WiFi was good in the communal areas (although nonexistent in the dorm) and there was a large TV with a good selection of recent movies to watch. When I stayed it was very quiet, so luckily my 4 bed dorm was effectively a private room, a bargain at $7 per night! The staff were helpful with tours and booking buses. I would definitely recommend this hostel for a quiet stay in PP.

• England, Mixed Group, 25-30
Bou Savy Guesthouse, Siem Reap, Cambodia
28th Mar 2014

We stayed at Bou Savy for 4 nights in total and found it a great base for exploring Siem Reap. The room was very comfortable and clean, the staff were helpful and organised various things for us (tuk tuk for the temples, a trip to the circus, bus rides, laundry etc). The location was good, not far to all of the main sights. We were a little unlucky as there was what turned out to be a funeral going on next door for 3 of the days we were there - very noisy! But I can't blame that on the hotel.

• England, Mixed Group, 25-30
Canh Dieu Hotel, Ninh Binh, Vietnam
23rd Mar 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Canh Dieu hotel. The staff were very helpful and always available to answer our queries. The room was nice; clean and comfortable, and with a good view. It was well located for the train station, market and some nearby restaurants. We were given free water, a fruit shake and a lift to the station when we left-much appreciated. We organised a day trip to Cuc Phuong, and were driven by the owner of the hotel. And the cost of the room was very reasonable. Many thanks!

Nomads Queenstown, Queenstown, New Zealand
2nd May 2012

The hostel itself is big, clean and has good facilities. The cinema room in particular is a great idea, however (especially before 9pm) it was too loud outside the room to actually be able to hear the films. Be warned: this is very much a party hostel, full of young students, and not for familes. The dorm that I was in backed on to a busy bar, and one one of the nights I stayed there was very load music until 5am, making sleep virtually impossible. On that basis I wouldn't recommend the hostel.

Hey, Thanks for your recent feedback. We do allow people to drink in the communal areas of the hostel up until 9pm but we monitor noise to ensure that the hostel is not too noisy. The volume for the movies can be controlled from the panel inside the cinema room and perhaps this was just turned too low. We also offer free earplugs to all guests incase of noisy sleepers etc. Thanks again for your feedback and all the best with the rest of your travels. Cheers, The Nomads Crew

Sir Cedric's Fox Glacier Pod Hostel & Inn, Fox Glacier, New Zealand
1st May 2012

The Inn is centrally located within Fox Glacier, has excellent facilities (including laundry and wifi) and the room I was in was clean and spacious and had an ensuite bathroom. I would definitely recommend the Fox Glacier Inn.

Kiwi Basecamp, Christchurch, New Zealand
7.7
30th Apr 2012

The hostel is well located for what remains of the centre of Christchurch. The staff were helpful and the room was clean and pleasant.

Njoy! Travellers Resort, Cairns, Australia
20th Apr 2012

I found the hostel itself quite average (although it was impressively clean) but this was more than made up for by the location and helpfulness of the staff. Would recommend this hostel.

Chelsea Star Hotel, New York, USA
4th Jun 2011

The location was perfect, the room was clean and tidy and the noise was less than what I expected from other users' comments, so I would definitely recommend this place.

Internet Hostel Sofia, Sofia, Bulgaria
6th Aug 2008

The location is great, being in the city centre. The staff were friendly and helpful and gave good advice on trips/shops. There was a free safe for passports etc which was useful. The vegetarian restaurant downstairs is very pleasant. The hostel could do with having more than one bathroom for all guests - on several occasions we were waiting for well over half an hour to use the toilet/shower. Otherwise it was a nice place to stay.

Aldebaran, Thassos Island, Greece
9.3
31st Jul 2008

The hostel is lovely; all rooms appear to have large terraces, we had a fridge, an ensuite bathroom, a TV and (fairly importantly in the summer) air conditioning. The location is ideal, being about 2 minutes from the beach surrounded by gift shops for souvenir shopping. The staff were friendly and helpful. Potos is beatuful, with a pleasant beach (not too busy) and plenty of places to eat/drink. Highly recommended!

Riad So Cheap So Chic, Marrakech, Morocco
9.3
22nd Jul 2007

The Riad we ended up staying in was lovely, and our room was amazing for the price paid - we had a full suite rather than the usual bedroom/toilet combo. It was very close to Jamaa el Fna, the main square in Marrakech, and the manager was helpful. However, when we made our reservation we believed we would be getting a swimming pool, which was not the case - frustrating as this was our main reason for choosing this particlar hostel. Also, the reservation was for a different hostel than the one we actually stayed in (although managed by the same people and on the same road).

Riad 34, Marrakech, Morocco
20th Jul 2007

Our room was very comfortable and attractively decorated. Staff were friendly and the communal areas were very pleasant. We would stay there again.

Douarskoll Guesthouse, Marrakech, Morocco
18th Jul 2007

Overall our room was comfortable and the location was great. However, we were let down on arrival as the taxi we had arranged with the hostel didn't wait for us at the airport, so we had some hassle finding the hostel. Also, there was no fan or air conditioning in our room, which was unpleasant due to the heat (we were there in mid-summer), although our request to borrow the communal fan was granted. Despite these issues, it was a clean, homely place to stay and the staff were generally helpful.