Reviews: louisehoneysett

Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 31

Traveller@SG

Singapore, Singapore

The location is convenient for the MRT and airport access in particular. My dorm was fine; clean and with air con. We each had a locker and the room locked also. Showers and toilets were fine although the area was very wet when a lot of people were showering at the same time! Free breakfast of toast and jam/peanut butter/nutella was appreciated.

Siam Journey Guesthouse

Bangkok, Thailand

Although it's a bit tucked away the location is very central and near to useful transport links. My room was clean, had air con, and the area was quiet so I got a good night's sleep. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Only drawback was that my room didn't have a lock (there are lockers available in the hallway) and the door kept swinging open, and I felt a little insecure sleeping in a room with an open door. But the hostel as a whole felt very safe.

Thanks for the review. Safety of the guest is our priority. Since we opened, we never had any issues or complains about it. Nevertheless, we do apologies for the inconvenience with the door. As soon as we found the problem, we fixed it.

One Stop Hostel

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Great hostel in a good location for bars and restaurants along the river. The bedroom was comfortable, with air con, the WiFi was good in the communal areas (although nonexistent in the dorm) and there was a large TV with a good selection of recent movies to watch. When I stayed it was very quiet, so luckily my 4 bed dorm was effectively a private room, a bargain at $7 per night! The staff were helpful with tours and booking buses. I would definitely recommend this hostel for a quiet stay in PP.

Bou Savy Guesthouse

Siem Reap, Cambodia

We stayed at Bou Savy for 4 nights in total and found it a great base for exploring Siem Reap. The room was very comfortable and clean, the staff were helpful and organised various things for us (tuk tuk for the temples, a trip to the circus, bus rides, laundry etc). The location was good, not far to all of the main sights. We were a little unlucky as there was what turned out to be a funeral going on next door for 3 of the days we were there - very noisy! But I can't blame that on the hotel.

• 28th Mar 2014

Canh Dieu Hotel

Ninh Binh, Vietnam

We really enjoyed our stay at Canh Dieu hotel. The staff were very helpful and always available to answer our queries. The room was nice; clean and comfortable, and with a good view. It was well located for the train station, market and some nearby restaurants. We were given free water, a fruit shake and a lift to the station when we left-much appreciated. We organised a day trip to Cuc Phuong, and were driven by the owner of the hotel. And the cost of the room was very reasonable. Many thanks!

• 23rd Mar 2014

Nomads Queenstown

Queenstown, New Zealand

The hostel itself is big, clean and has good facilities. The cinema room in particular is a great idea, however (especially before 9pm) it was too loud outside the room to actually be able to hear the films. Be warned: this is very much a party hostel, full of young students, and not for familes. The dorm that I was in backed on to a busy bar, and one one of the nights I stayed there was very load music until 5am, making sleep virtually impossible. On that basis I wouldn't recommend the hostel.

Hey, Thanks for your recent feedback. We do allow people to drink in the communal areas of the hostel up until 9pm but we monitor noise to ensure that the hostel is not too noisy. The volume for the movies can be controlled from the panel inside the cinema room and perhaps this was just turned too low. We also offer free earplugs to all guests incase of noisy sleepers etc. Thanks again for your feedback and all the best with the rest of your travels. Cheers, The Nomads Crew

Fox Glacier Inn

Fox Glacier, New Zealand

The Inn is centrally located within Fox Glacier, has excellent facilities (including laundry and wifi) and the room I was in was clean and spacious and had an ensuite bathroom. I would definitely recommend the Fox Glacier Inn.

Kiwi Basecamp

Christchurch, New Zealand

The hostel is well located for what remains of the centre of Christchurch. The staff were helpful and the room was clean and pleasant.

Njoy! Travellers Resort

Cairns, Australia

I found the hostel itself quite average (although it was impressively clean) but this was more than made up for by the location and helpfulness of the staff. Would recommend this hostel.

Chelsea Star Hotel

New York, USA

The location was perfect, the room was clean and tidy and the noise was less than what I expected from other users' comments, so I would definitely recommend this place.

Internet Hostel Sofia

Sofia, Bulgaria

The location is great, being in the city centre. The staff were friendly and helpful and gave good advice on trips/shops. There was a free safe for passports etc which was useful. The vegetarian restaurant downstairs is very pleasant. The hostel could do with having more than one bathroom for all guests - on several occasions we were waiting for well over half an hour to use the toilet/shower. Otherwise it was a nice place to stay.

Aldebaran

Thassos Island, Greece

The hostel is lovely; all rooms appear to have large terraces, we had a fridge, an ensuite bathroom, a TV and (fairly importantly in the summer) air conditioning. The location is ideal, being about 2 minutes from the beach surrounded by gift shops for souvenir shopping. The staff were friendly and helpful. Potos is beatuful, with a pleasant beach (not too busy) and plenty of places to eat/drink. Highly recommended!

Riad So Cheap So Chic

Marrakech, Morocco

The Riad we ended up staying in was lovely, and our room was amazing for the price paid - we had a full suite rather than the usual bedroom/toilet combo. It was very close to Jamaa el Fna, the main square in Marrakech, and the manager was helpful. However, when we made our reservation we believed we would be getting a swimming pool, which was not the case - frustrating as this was our main reason for choosing this particlar hostel. Also, the reservation was for a different hostel than the one we actually stayed in (although managed by the same people and on the same road).

Riad 34

Marrakech, Morocco

Our room was very comfortable and attractively decorated. Staff were friendly and the communal areas were very pleasant. We would stay there again.

Douarskoll Guesthouse

Marrakech, Morocco

Overall our room was comfortable and the location was great. However, we were let down on arrival as the taxi we had arranged with the hostel didn't wait for us at the airport, so we had some hassle finding the hostel. Also, there was no fan or air conditioning in our room, which was unpleasant due to the heat (we were there in mid-summer), although our request to borrow the communal fan was granted. Despite these issues, it was a clean, homely place to stay and the staff were generally helpful.