Location: Malaysia, Gender: Male, Age: 35

The place is essentially in the mid of Taipei city. Close to subway station and the place is very clean. The only issue for me while staying is the air condition, it's too cold (temperature out of control) and dripping water. But Tom did put up some temporary measure to avoid the drip from affecting my stay. All in all, I'm happy to stay there. Look for the hostel name on the wall and a RED door when you are in the hostel's road (alley), else you might missed it.

Kimchee Hongdae Guesthouse

Seoul, South Korea

This place just suck. stay away! The worst guesthouse. The direction is misleading. direction is based on outdate landmarks. Even local who try to help lead me to wrong place. I spent 1 hour dragging my luggage on the street trying to find them, was totally exhausted and did not expect this sh**. then they put me on 5th floor with no elevator. room is roof top extension. place is so cramped, the ceiling is curved, imagine how small. and NO WIFI on 5th flr. Fu**ing no wifi in KOREA. What a joke!

Kim's House in Busan

Busan, South Korea

The hostel location is very good, it is close to the subway line (~5 min walk) and MANY nice restaurants nearby (all within walking distance). Plus Kim is like the best host you can find in Busan. He is fun, friendly and very helpful, more like a local friend in Busan. The university area is also near by (~10-15min walk) and even more stuff going on there :) If you need a place to stay, which is convenient and a friendly host. This is IT!

The Forest Hostel

Jeju Island, South Korea

not a bad place, but the boss is more interested in serving group guests than individual travelers. I guess from biz standpoint there's where the money is.

Stay here only if you are immune to street noise or can use ear plug to sleep. On my first night I have ~1 hour of sleep. Being San Francisco the street is never quiet and the wall is paper thin (or porous). All through the night you can constantly hear cars, sirens, people talking in the street etc etc. Not possible to change room while I was there. No use as well as all dorms are street facing. Breakfast is simple and basic. Location wise is good. Just stay away from Tenderloin.

Hostel Shappy

Zagreb, Croatia

Abraham Hostel Jerusalem

Jerusalem, Israel

The place is really close to the Mahaneh Yehuda Market. It's situated between the central station & Old city. about 1km walk to either of them (~15 to 20min walk). You can talk the light rail and it'll make the journey very easy except on Shabbat. If you like the old city there are hostel inside the old city. It's also close to bars and cafe that open on Shabbat and lively atmosphere in the hostel.

Florida Hostel & Hotel

Sorrento, Italy

The location of this hostel is very far from the town. Kinda hard to find especially at night. Although I expected to walk when booking this hostel, but it is still a very long walk. Bear this in mind and the rest will be ok. Also the ants are real. You can spot them but not a nuisance. I guess it's because of the food crumbs left over from the guests.

Papa Germano

Rome, Italy

I end up spending more than 1 day in this hostel. It is located very near to ROME termini station, ~ 5 mins walk so it's very convenient for me as I use it as my base for exploring the near by cities. Helpful staff, clean room and nice bed.

Royal Road Residence Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

I really love this place. Would definitely stay here again if in Prague. The location couldn't be any better. Right in front is a busy touristy street. Charles bridge is really close and the clock tower is less than 10 min away with plenty of shops and restaurant in between. The staff is friendly, the room is spacious and clean. Just love it.

Wilderness Park Lodge

Mount Fuji, Japan

Ryokan Sansui

Hiroshima, Japan

The host is such a nice lady, very friendly, very helpful. keeping the place spotless and very comfortable. I love the extra touches she puts in. every room has a small TV, a table with boiler, tea leaves so that you can enjoy a hot cup of o-cha right in the room. She also has very nice yukata prepared for the guests. My friend and I really enjoy the stay. It was excellent. Make us always remember Hiroshima and the good people we met.

The place has some character in it but there are 2 things that impress me the most. First is to find the way there. It's hiding in some back lane so not that easy to find. We ask people who stayed in that area but they also got us to another hostel (youth hostel) which happen to be in the proximity. So that trick is follow direction to the youth hostel (which is on alot of lamp post) and then ask teh youth hostel folks. The second one is small size lift. so don't bring big luagages.

Around The World Backpackers

Christchurch, New Zealand

The owner of the hostel are very nice people. They make everyone feels so at home. They are very helpful and it's really fun to stay there.

The hostel is ok, just very cold at night. Has a very small heater in the dorm room, that looks and works more like a hair dryer. Although it's spring time but it's still very cold. I sure don't want to stay there in the winter.

YHA Te Anau

Te Anau, New Zealand

YHA staff are colder than the weather in Te Anau. Also they charge extra $3 for non member per night. Can find plenty of other better places to stay. In my opinion, YHAs are the most unwelcoming hotels to stay.

Bumbles Backpackers Queenstown

Queenstown, New Zealand

I love their TV lounge. Beautiful deco :) Love the room too, with a really fine view to the lake. Very clean, very nice and very comfy. Should definitely check them out.

YHA Mt Cook

Mt Cook, New Zealand

The staff is colder than the weather at Mt Cook. This is the commonality i find across all the YHA hostel we stayed with. Pretty cold there in the dorm room too.

YHA Bay of Islands Paihia

Paihia, New Zealand

We stayed inside a little chalet beside the main building. Pretty comfy with the tiniest basin I have ever seen :)

Ponsonby Backpackers

Auckland, New Zealand

Ponsonby is quite a tiring walk from the city. since it's located on a hill, the way back there is tougher than getting to the city. But around the corner there is a shop selling fantastic burger with great night view to the city.