Pension Belo Sono

Munich, Germany

An excellent pension, more like a hotel than a hostel. I had my own room, the bed was like sleeping on the cloud, there was a small desk, water heater for tea, and television. The bathroom was across the hall. It was incredibly quiet, and the u-bahn just five minutes away and two stops to the Hbf. There's also a grocery store nearby and several nice cafes. Definitely a great deal and one of the nicest places I've ever stayed.

It was a pleasure meeting you! thank you very much for staying here and I hope to see you again! best regards, Martina :)

Hostella Female Only

Rome, Italy

A great hostel - quiet, clean, close to Termini.

myOE Shared House

Excellent stay; very comfortable, convenient to both Hammersmith and Shepherds Bush tube stops, and super quiet. Much better than a hostel!

Really enjoyed this hostel, and the central location was great (though the panhandlers right outside, not so much - including one puking his guts out the first morning I went out). The bathrooms are great, and the curtains around the bed and storage lockers in each room are really great features. I would stay here again, definitely.

Not bad for a NYC hostel. The location can't be beat, on the UWS and close to subways, food, and things to do. There are no lockers and the doors to the individual rooms don't lock. As other reviewers point out, you have to store luggage down in the reception area, but I didn't mind as I was just taking a weekend away. My only complaint are that there are only two public bathrooms/showers on the fourth floor.

HI - New York City

New York, USA

One of the cleanest hostels I've stayed in NYC. Really close the subway, and in a neighborhood filled with shops, grocery stores, etc. The beds are even comfortable (a rare feat for hostels). Individual lockers are great, too.

Athens Backpackers

Athens, Greece

I've stayed at this hostel multiple times over the past 4 years, and it's usually pretty good. True, people come and go at all hours (sometimes noisily), and it's in a busy part of Athens. But the location still can't be beat - 5 steps from the Acropolis and the Acropoli metro station. A little more expensive than other hostels in Athens, but worth it for its cleanliness, safety (lockers are great), and location.

Big Apple Hostel & Hotel

Istanbul, Turkey

This hostel was just okay - really, just a place to sleep. Only one key for the entire room, which we thought was strange. Otherwise comfortable enough (the heater was certainly great) and conveniently located in Istanbul.

Ritchie's Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

Didn't feel very safe, as there was one window that looked out onto a walkway between other rooms (ie., someone could have just climbed in the window). Also, the smoke in this hostel is overwhelming - I was literally choking on it, even though the rules state that there is no smoking in the rooms. Great location, though.

Manhattan Inn Hostel

New York, USA

I've stayed at this hostel many times. Rooms are small and basic, but clean. The biggest draw of the hostel, however, is its excellent location right near Penn Station.

Thank you!

Manhattan Inn Hostel

New York, USA

When I arrived, I discovered the hostel had "lost" my reservation - even though I had an email confirmation printed out. Thankfully, they were able to find a bed for me. But what if they hadn't?

Athens Backpackers

Athens, Greece

Air conditioning was a real treat. I was only there one night, but it seemed comfortable enough.