Location England, Gender Female, Age 48

• England, Female, 41+
A&O Nuernberg Hauptbahnhof, Nuremberg, Germany
6.3
10th Feb 2016

Large hostel really close to the main railway station. The main door opens onto the stair-well and lifts, giving anyone passing access to all floors. Smoke also drifts up to all floors. (I was on the 3rd floor and could still smell it in the corridors). I don't know if it usual in Germany, but I had to hire my bed-linen on top of the fee I'd already been charged. The staff looked at me as though as was stupid when I said I hadn't ordered it. Good that they have female only dorm.

• England, All Female Group, 41+
Jugendherberge Passau, Passau, Germany
27th Sep 2015

We really liked this hostel. Situated in a fortress high above Passau, it was an amazing place to stay. I've scored it good for atmosphere rather than excellent because their weren't many people staying so it lacked a sociable atmosphere. Wandering around the fortress grounds at night brought bags of a different kind of atmosphere though- spooky (in a thrilling way). The climb up the step or road is not for the unfit, and of the 2 routes, I'd take the steps. No self-catering facilities.

• England, Female, 41+
Marken Gjestehus, Bergen, Norway
19th Jun 2014

What a lovely place! Light, bright, roomy, with friendly staff, lovely views and good facilities. The sheets were crispy clean but perhaps if there is an area for improvement the floors could be cleaner. I thought that as there was no photo of the outside in the gallery that it would be a nasty looking building but this wasn't the case. It was all charming, even the lift with the old fashioned gate. I'd definitely stay again.

4.9
7th Dec 2013

The biggest problem with this hostel was that the sheet and duvet cover was dirty. Not just not freshly laundered; stained and dirty. Floor was clean. Given it has a nightclub in the basement it was quiet and access to the female only floor was via a key so it felt secure. the reception is in the basement, in the nightclub. It felt like it was all about profit with minimal service. I could not wait to leave. I've stayed in some odd hostels but this was nasty.

Old Town Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
7.0
6th Sep 2010

I arrived late and left early. The staff were great. It had a nice atmosphere and although I wasn't there long it seemed like a place where you could have fun or be very quiet; whichever you please. It's a very long way from the train station but centrally located for other activities.

Dear Guest Thank you for staying with us. I would like to clarify our location from the train station. Our property is located 0.5 miles and 11 mins walking distance from the station according to the google map. If you jump on the tram #4, it takes only 5 mins. I'm sure we can say we are located closed to the station. I wouldn't say it's a very long way.

Hostel City Center Sarajevo, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina
6.7
5th Sep 2010

A small basic hostel with only mixed dorms where everyone was friendly but I arrived late and left early so I can't really make much of a comment. The hostel was full but it wasn't too noisy.

Hostel Majdas (former Majdas Rooms), Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina
8.7
4th Sep 2010

Majdas' hostel is not just somewhere to stay, it's an experience. And a very pleasant experience it is too. I'd definitely stay again. The only apparent downside could be that the location doesn't look great, but actually it is only 10 minutes from the centre of things, and Madja and her team are so helpful that arriving at the train station at 10 o'clock at night unsure of where I was going was simply not a problem. Stay at this hostel!

• Ireland,
Bru Bar & Hostel, Cork, Ireland
7.3
21st Mar 2008

Security Poor; no wait, average - The rooms were fine and I liked the card access very much but that rail in the public bar is a worrying if ingenious solution to lack of storage. Location Good - Perfect for the bus station Staff Good - all lovely Fun - don\\\'t know. I\\\'m afraid I look outside the hostel for fun; but it looked fun! Cleanliness - don\\\'t really remember, so let\\\'s say good.

You need to swipe your card 3 times to get to your room. We have 24 hour reception and 38 high definition CCTV cameras in the building. In addition to the rail, there are 2 other secure storage areas as well as another for bikes. Apologies for not making this clear. Adrian