Reviews: PrettyGirl

Location: New Zealand, Gender: Female, Age: 33

Huge room. Great setup. Ask for a room NOT facing the school. Every morning at 7:30-8 loud speakers BLARE music making it impossible to sleep. Everything else was ideal. Great hostel. Do not order the vegetarian pizza at restaurant. It is cucumber carrot and tomato on pizza. Weird. Meals were small but also cheap so get what you pay for.

Thank you for your preference and feedback. We are sorry that we haven’t been able to meet all your expectations. We hope to be able to welcome you again in the future.

Worst bed Ive EVER slept in and Im not picky. It felt like someone took a sledgehammer to the base and it was so inconsistently slanted and bumpy and horrible I slept like shit and woke up sore. We are convinced they don't use soap to clean either. Toilet smelled like piss the entire time we were there despite it having been cleaned before we arrived. Ordered breakfast in the restaurant and it was the saddest thing ever, and for 35rmb expect more. However dinner was great. Staff super helpful

Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

The front desk was incredibly helpful. Our flight the next day was super early and they prepared sandwiches for us since we wouldn't make it to breakfast. I thought this was a great service. Rooms are super cool. Very clean and beds are spacious. Private plugs and mirrors in each bunk is a great added touch.

Base Auckland

Auckland, New Zealand

Base Auckland

Auckland, New Zealand

We had a broken light in our room that we contacted reception about twice and it was never seen to. It wouldnt have been a huge deal except the light flickered so it was a constant annoyance rather than just a dim room.

Kaiteri Lodge

Abel Tasman National Park, New Zealand

The individual toilets were pretty awful most of the time. I walked to an entirely another floor/section of hostel in search of a clean enough toilet! And horribly the one I found was the handicap which didnt lock properly and I walked in on a man just finishing his shower! I stayed 2 nights and the light flickered/didnt turn on in one on my floor and the other the toilet paper roll was not on wall but where ever people could balance it, both of these things should have been dealt with in 2 days

Fox Glacier Inn

Fox Glacier, New Zealand

Our 4 person room was a literal furnace! A fan would have been excellent. We werent a huge fan of the window open as there was a bed directly under it and that person wasnt fond of the spiders on her bed.

Kina Backpackers

Waiheke Island, New Zealand

The owner was so so accommodating! When we complained the dorm smelled like feet he gave us a private room, when it was pouring down buckets he gave us a lift to bus stop. Very helpful and friendly and it made our stay so much better. Bathrooms were clean and hostel was cutesy. Make sure you haven't overpacked if you plan on hiking those 187 steps though! Sore for days!

• 23rd Dec 2013

Base Wellington

Wellington, New Zealand

Reception needs to smile more. They seem like they really hate dealing with people.

Hi Rebecca Thanks for your feedback and im disappointed you felt the staff weren't friendly when you stayed. We pride ourselves on our exceptional service and our evperienced staff. Im glad you found all other services at Base Wellington fantastic Kind regards, Dana O'Brien General Manager

Jai dii House

Chiang Mai, Thailand

It was located on a cool street walking distance to restaurants and whatnot, but not much character. If I hadnt been traveling with a group Im not sure I would have met anybody. But the manager is super attentive and helpful!

Dancing Elephant N1 Party Hostel

Koh Phangan, Thailand

We were in a "satellite" dorm and had to wake David anytime we wanted to get into our room, it was slightly awkward having to wake a man sleeping with his wife. The bathroom was also very...awkward... It was a cool place and David totally broke down how Full Moon party works and how NOT to get into trouble, so that was helpful.

Spicythai Backpackers

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Noom was amazing! He planned outtings for the entire hostel for the day AND night. Always something to do and someone to do it with! He really made Chiang Mai a great time for us by making everything so easy.

Living Mad Hostel

Madrid, Spain

I checked in and the bed was still unmade, it grossed me out. Also there was no top sheet so I was sleeping under the same comforter that countless other dirty backpackers had. Thats disgusting!

Avalon House

Dublin, Ireland

It wasn't the cleanest hostel I've stayed in. I didnt like sharing a restroom with men and the showers were tiny. It was very hot in the rooms as well.

St Christopher's Edinburgh

Edinburgh, Scotland

The staff was soo helpful! They told us where to go, how to get there and how to have a good time. This was a great time!